User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: INFJs - what do you study/do?

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm majoring in Fine & Performing Arts - musical theatre concentration.
    Let's just say it's my passion in life, my driving force, et cetera, and leave it at that.

I'm considering a dual major, however, either in some avenue of professional writing [like, 'boring' editing-type careers.. I'm naturally a bit of a word mechanic. I love to toy with language.], or in psychology. I live to learn, and connect, and that's a field I'm not sure I'd ever tire of.

Who knows.. perhaps I could do it all.

Oh.. and I want to see the world. As much as possible. I never want to live in one place forever and say, well, that's it. This is it.

Idealists are silly like that, huh. :rolli:
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    you seem pretty insightful. have you thought of working one-on-one with people, in a counselor type setting?
    thank you, that's a nice thing to say.

i feel a little too 5ish to be one-on-one as a counselor. i am very attracted/attached to specific cultural discourses and cleaning them up, kind of like the philosopher ludwig wittgenstein. i feel as if i want to harmonize different cultural spaces/discourses with the people that are shaped by them, improve the tools to understand the self at their disposal. i could also see myself doing some sort of production, like music production, and helping hone the articulation and focus it in an arranger style sense (damned left-brainedness! always trying to see and control the "whole!"). i think i would like to write, but i am still trying to discern the right level of scale and zoom out/in until i find where my first major entry point will be in a socially pertinent but still individually meaningful (short and long-term) way. i'm also really hungry for more creative people in my life, just like a constant flood of social creativity, to catalyze me and push me a bit, stretch and knead me, make me spin, etc. connecting via university setting seems to continue to be relevant to me, so... more of that!