User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ?

Got my degree in PoliSci. Spent most of my time since working on campaign management, political fundraising, and a lot of grassroots-y stuff. I hated recruiting staff and volunteers, hated running interviews, hated the constant travel, hated the job insecurity; loved training staff, loved running my own office, loved making decisions, loved the strategy part, loved that I could wear jeans to work. Never really fit the profile of an activist, though - I think I have a little too much practicality/cynicism built in.

Now I'm a health care advocate. The job is only ok, but the pay and hours beat campaign work any day.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hey Wyst, how do you find working in finance? Its seems like an incompatible choice for an INFJ.

As for me I graduated with a degree in graphic design. I'm trying to switch out now since I can't stand the advertising/business aspect of it and its proving to be difficult. I'm not quite sure what it is that I want to do. The area of education seems to interest me but I can't see myself being a teacher in a classroom. Thinking about my future makes me stressed since I keep trying to plan and analyze every step which leads to a lot of thinking and not enough doing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by firstjudge View Post
    Hey Wyst, how do you find working in finance? Its seems like an incompatible choice for an INFJ.
    You are spot on. I don't hate it. Yet.
    But I know I'll go crazy if I'm still there 5 years from now.

As for me I graduated with a degree in graphic design. I'm trying to switch out now since I can't stand the advertising/business aspect of it and its proving to be difficult. I'm not quite sure what it is that I want to do. The area of education seems to interest me but I can't see myself being a teacher in a classroom. Thinking about my future makes me stressed since I keep trying to plan and analyze every step which leads to a lot of thinking and not enough doing.
    I, too, don't like the whole business side of anything.
    I've really started to lean towards some kind of counseling. I really enjoy listening to people and helping them solve their problems and seeing them change/do well over time.

I'm taking a class on counseling this fall. I think it might tell me a lot regarding my being wired/or not for something like that.

Getting started is ALWAYS the hardest part and it's hard to get hung up on it. Keep in mind, though, that doing some investigating, (take my class on counseling, for example) doesn't mean you're committed to anything. It's simply a means to finding out which doors you'll choose to completely shut and which doors you want to peek into a little more.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

think i'm gonna take some classes this fall. i had wanted to move elsewhere (portland! austin! new york!) and partake in a music program at a community college. but i might do that here and the local university to go along with my previous degree in anthropology and religion. maybe that or maybe just take some literature comp lit creative writing type classes and try to hone the craft. it's what i'll most likely end up doing anyway. eventually maybe a phd or a mfa in creative writing. it's tough to say no to learning, there are still plenty of pysch and sociology classes i would take as well.

i'll probably be in and out of university settings for the next 10 years. then it's magnum opus time for me!!!

Sniffles

I have a degree in Criminal studies. However, various factors prevent me from doing much work in this field.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I only have an 8th grade education really- I got my GED but as far as real schooling that is the last that I have had.

I am studying Philosophy right now for fun and personal growth. I am reading the complete works of Plato and it is inspiring and life changing for me.
    My thinking is so under-developed- perhaps because of the little education I have had and because I was raised by an all feeling single mother and am so naturally all feeling myself- not to mention my tendency to depend on my intuition. Studying Philosophy is really helping me see what thinking looks like and helps me understand it and how I can go about developing it for myself. Logic is so empowering because I am realizing how I am such a lamb to the slaughter without it.

I want to study debate and learn how to debate as well.

I am also studying in a sense how to be a stand up comedian as I want to pursue this. I watch a lot of stand up and am studying what all goes into it and how to go about it and who I am as a comic.

As far as what I do, I am a Domestic Engineer,lol, and mother.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I only have an 8th grade education really- I got my GED but as far as real schooling that is the last that I have had.

I am studying Philosophy right now for fun and personal growth. I am reading the complete works of Plato and it is inspiring and life changing for me.
    My thinking is so under-developed- perhaps because of the little education I have had and because I was raised by an all feeling single mother and am so naturally all feeling myself- not to mention my tendency to depend on my intuition. Studying Philosophy is really helping me see what thinking looks like and helps me understand it and how I can go about developing it for myself. Logic is so empowering because I am realizing how I am such a lamb to the slaughter without it.

I want to study debate and learn how to debate as well.

I am also studying in a sense how to be a stand up comedian as I want to pursue this. I watch a lot of stand up and am studying what all goes into it and how to go about it and who I am as a comic.

As far as what I do, I am a Domestic Engineer,lol, and mother.
    that's awesome. wish you luck with that. laughing at good humor is my favorite pasttime. i got into plato too a few years ago, but i didn't finish it. i have to have patience in other areas of my life, and so i found i don't like having to have patience with my down-time too (like i need to have when reading such ancient works).

debating's fun. i'd like to be a 'master debator' someday...........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    'master debator'
    Make sure you ennunciate each syllable in those two words when you say them.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Make sure you ennunciate each syllable in those two words when you say them.
    gold member is one of my fav movies.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    think i'm gonna take some classes this fall. i had wanted to move elsewhere (portland! austin! new york!) and partake in a music program at a community college. but i might do that here and the local university to go along with my previous degree in anthropology and religion. maybe that or maybe just take some literature comp lit creative writing type classes and try to hone the craft. it's what i'll most likely end up doing anyway. eventually maybe a phd or a mfa in creative writing. it's tough to say no to learning, there are still plenty of pysch and sociology classes i would take as well.

i'll probably be in and out of university settings for the next 10 years. then it's magnum opus time for me!!!
    you seem pretty insightful. have you thought of working one-on-one with people, in a counselor type setting?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com