User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

It took me FOREVER to get comfortable on the highway, especially with semis and such... and I may have rolled my first car on the highway when I was playing with my radio ?
    It took me two times to pass the test; the first time I took it, I didn’t even make it out of the parking lot because I had NOOO clue how to turn on my brights, and that whole knowing which way is left and which way is right thing cramps my style…
    I absolutely adore driving around aimlessly by myself, preferably with the assistance of Pink Floyd…
    Sometimes it does bore me, so I treat it like a videogame (not Grand Theft Auto) and try to perfect every little move to make sure I pay attention…
    The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.- Carl Jung
    Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit!- Walter Sobchak

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

haha, it took me far longer than it should have to learn to drive, I was rather intent on getting my license as soon as possible, but I couldn't do it as fast as other people. I tend to have trouble keeping a close eye on my speed and controlling my hooning tendencies. Other people around me seem to be granny drivers by nature, and when I drive them places, I become known as the crazy one who wants to go as fast as possible over the hill in a thrill seeking attempt, or to be blissfully unaware of my speed when approaching a dangerously sharp corner. I love driving, I've never flipped my car or anything stupid, but I almost took out a commodore and ended up stuck down the side of the road once, I had no idea that I had a tow rope and sent one of the people helping me out off to get one .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I had a block against driving for the longest time. It scared me to be out on the highway with people driving as fast as they do. I worried also about zoning out as I sometimes do or being absent minded and how that affect my driving, particularly the passengers with me.

The written part -- I just read the manual and did the test. It wasn't a problem.

The road test -- entirely different ballgame. I passed on my third attempt. My first attempt was done after very little practice and I just needed more.

After the above, I drove with anyone who was willing to ride with me.
    On the second attempt, I got really nervous and that just made me give up even before the test was done.
    On the third which was soon after the second, my goal was simply to stay calm and get through the test. I still made some mistakes (could not parallel park) but staying calm and completing the test was the main difference. Get a professional lesson. I like to listen to experts and believe what they say so having a professional tell me I was a good driver and ready to get my license was very helpful.

After I got my license, I realized slowly how much I love driving. I love the feeling of being on the open road and concentrating on all the variables right there around me. I often go on a long drive to relax and think through things. It's a liberating feeling. It's also an important skill if you live anywhere but the handful of really large metros in the U.S. Even if it seems difficult, think of it as a necessary skill and one you can build over time with patience, practice and confidence - in that order.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I lost my license when I was 20. I liked driving it was "fun." Driving isn't supposed to be fun which is why I lost my license. I never drank and drove, it was actually because of speeding tickets, mostly on long stretches of country roads in North Carolina at night, where cops apparently hide in the bushes. Of course I could have my license now if I wanted it, but I don't. Car ownership seems to be a big pain at the moment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

I didn't get my license until I was 18 - and the interstate scared me to death.

I was averaging a accident once every 3 weeks for about 4 months of my life at around 20.

I wrecked a rental. Enterprise has me in the "Book of Hate". lol.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    infp

Oh lord, an equalish balance of those who have found it easy, or doable and those who sound pretty much like me lol.

Ah well, hopefully I will get it in the end. I've made flash cards of different driving instructions just to keep the info in my head.

If I can avoid stepping in dog muck on the street inspite of being lost in a fantasy world (and believe me I haven't stepped in it in years lol) then surely i can avoid accidents.......
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Before I got my license (here you get your learner's permit at 15), I drove one of these:

pulling one of these:

picking up 1,500-2,000 of these each summer and stacking them in neat rows while in reverse:

Driving a car? Easy, heck I could drive a Transformer!
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6

/shudder
    I still can't really drive properly. Being surrounded by so many people and unable to stop myself whenever I want freaks me out. Depth perception issues don't help, either.
    A Freudian slip is what your mother wears under her dress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

I'm totally a kick-ass driver. Better than most men and always buy a stick shift, high performance vehicle. Afraid of nothing. Comfortable in huge cities and congested major freeways. I blow everybody off the road!! HeHe .... It has been a joke at the place where I work for years. I'm also good at talking my way out of speeding tickets.

I have always viewed driving as a sportsmanlike activity and rather enjoy it. I would really like to have a bad-ass motorcycle too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I am INtP/INXP- NT
    Driving is always a challenge. I didn't drive untill I was 19 or 20. I failed the test 3 times (parallel parking did me in) :steam: People hate my driving.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa