• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Help!! Help this sad INFP, pretty please.

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
:hi: Hey there! How are you all?
Alright so,
I feel like I have all the qualities that are depicted in the profile of an INFP minus all the "INFPs are the greatest!" thing.
I'm a bit critical and a TAD mean sometimes because I was raised mostly with an INTP
And I GREATLY lack patience.
Yet patience and kindness are the 2 most valued qualities of INFPs
So, lol, do I also fail at being an INFP?
or am i just unhealthy or what? you decide, this is my family [to aid in seeing how I could/couldn't be unhealthy]:
Mom- eccentric ENFP
Dad- manipulative ISTP
Brother- Condescending INTP
Brother- RUDE, pretentious ENFJ
Sister- Harsh, brutal ISTJ

Last edited:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Doubt and humility. Definitely INFP.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you think you have all of the qualities basically (the one you can't relate to isn't there)? Why are you questioning that you're an INFP?

EDIT: I was raised by an INTP and I'm a very nice person... That didn't make me mean. Perhaps you're shadowing due to stress. I lack patience in certain areas, but not too many.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:hi: Hey there! How are you all?
Alright so,
I feel like I have all the qualities that are depicted in the profile of an INFP minus all the "INFPs are the greatest!" thing.
I'm a bit critical and a TAD mean sometimes because I was raised mostly with an INTP
And I GREATLY lack patience.
Yet patience and kindness are the 2 most valued qualities of INFPs
So, lol, do I also fail at being an INFP?
or am i just unhealthy or what? you decide, this is my family [to aid in seeing how I could/couldn't be unhealthy]:
Mom- eccentric ENFP
Dad- manipulative ISTP
Brother- Condescending INTP
Brother- RUDE, pretentious ENFJ
Sister- Harsh, brutal ISTJ

LOL - Couldn't help but notice that you matched all your family with negative aspects of there type as well... eccentric, manipulative, condescending, rude, pretentious, harsh, and brutal! Sounds like you've got a great family :D

According to my Condescending INTP Manual on INFP behavior.. what you need is a hug. So... eh.. er... :hug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what if INFP is your shadow? That could cause lack of patience and kindness. Why did you list the negatives of your family?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP: If we are unhappy, we use our powers of insight to see the worst in people.

Patience is usually a quality of a happy INFP though. When I am extremely stressed that can sometimes go out the window. All my mental will is being spent on keeping myself from falling apart at the seems, and I don't have much tolerance for external pressures making that more difficult.

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
LOL - Couldn't help but notice that you matched all your family with negative aspects of there type as well... eccentric, manipulative, condescending, rude, pretentious, harsh, and brutal! Sounds like you've got a great family :D

According to my Condescending INTP Manual on INFP behavior.. what you need is a hug. So... eh.. er... :hug:

aw.. I didn't mean that INTPs are condescending.
I meant that all the people in my family had those basic defining qualities.
I'm not trying to bring out the worst in them, I love them.
I'm just saying, if I said that they were all sweet - which they're not - it wouldn't really be relevant to the post @ all.
I said it so u could see if whatever the quality + the personality type = damaging to Infp.
Guess not. =P
and thank you. Here's a :hug: back, and :2ar15: some guns

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
More hugs. :hug:

Aw, I think you're fine. I get impatient, too. And we all have those dark not-so-nice moments. What makes us INFP is the intense guilt/doubt afterwards, right? About us being good people? ;)

PS: Don't worry too much about being raised with an INTP. They can be very positive support, too, ya know. (Actually, I'm sure you know--siblings are great little love/hate people. Impossible to hate them completely!)

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INtP Hugs..

Here is a big hug :hug: from an INtP. We are not all evil!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oooh is this a hug party? I want in!

Here you go, you distressed INFP. :hug:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Kocoo, are you stressed? Take a deep breath and tell yourself it will be alright. You don't have to live up to anyone or anything except for your own standards - and not even that if they are hinged solely on what you think other people have told you to be.

It also sounds like perhaps you are a younger person - meaning still living at home with expectations to be someone's child? That could definitely stress you out. Also, from 21 and under I firmly believe your brain and body are teeming with hormones that make you a little nutty and very sensitive.

If you know that you are Okay, just the way you are, even if you are The Biggest Fuck Up In The World Universe - a lot of the anxiety and self-doubt you expressed in your OP will disappear.

There is no reason to worry.

Whatever comes your way, you can and will handle it. You don't have to be perfect.

---------
Does any of that help? :)

rainydays

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFP: If we are unhappy, we use our powers of insight to see the worst in people.

Patience is usually a quality of a happy INFP though. When I am extremely stressed that can sometimes go out the window. All my mental will is being spent on keeping myself from falling apart at the seems, and I don't have much tolerance for external pressures making that more difficult.

Oh, this, very much so. :hug:

And :hug: to the original poster. Everyone else has already said what I would so I hope a hug from a fellow INFP helps somewhat. :)

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
dude, it gets better and its ussually not that bad even if you don't see it from your perspective. Plus, if you are INFP, then you do have the benefits, just remember that your positives might be someones elses negatives that theyre dealing with and see in you. Theres always the idea that your a different type too. Some E's think theyre I's because there not so active, so try again, you might suprise yourself.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
I lack patience too. I want it all, now! But if someone wants me to be patient with them for some reason I will- it doesn't necessarily make me happy waiting for people/things, but I keep my frustrated impatience on the inside and present a calm, friendly face to the person in question (that is if it is a person I'm dealing with- if it's an item such as a computer I will happily swear at it and use violence).
While I'm being so nice and putting others first, people may think "What a nice, patient person!". I can act patiently, but my feelings don't necessarily reflect this...

Oh, what the heck, I might as well hug you too while I'm at it :hug:

czar.of.frolicing

MBTI Type
INFX
Sounds like you have a 6 member family and even though most are introverts, that can be just plain tiring on an I, depending on how strong your score is. The other I family members might be getting tired too. Just something to consider.