User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!! Help this sad INFP, pretty please.

Oooh is this a hug party? I want in!

Here you go, you distressed INFP.

Kocoo, are you stressed? Take a deep breath and tell yourself it will be alright. You don't have to live up to anyone or anything except for your own standards - and not even that if they are hinged solely on what you think other people have told you to be.

It also sounds like perhaps you are a younger person - meaning still living at home with expectations to be someone's child? That could definitely stress you out. Also, from 21 and under I firmly believe your brain and body are teeming with hormones that make you a little nutty and very sensitive.

If you know that you are Okay, just the way you are, even if you are The Biggest Fuck Up In The World Universe - a lot of the anxiety and self-doubt you expressed in your OP will disappear.

There is no reason to worry.

Whatever comes your way, you can and will handle it. You don't have to be perfect.

Does any of that help?
    ā€œIf you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.ā€ ā€• Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ā€• Romulux

heart on fire Array

Read about inferior Te. There's a book called "Was that really me?" it goes into this in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    INFP: If we are unhappy, we use our powers of insight to see the worst in people.

Patience is usually a quality of a happy INFP though. When I am extremely stressed that can sometimes go out the window. All my mental will is being spent on keeping myself from falling apart at the seems, and I don't have much tolerance for external pressures making that more difficult.
    Oh, this, very much so.

And to the original poster. Everyone else has already said what I would so I hope a hug from a fellow INFP helps somewhat.

Senior Member Array

dude, it gets better and its ussually not that bad even if you don't see it from your perspective. Plus, if you are INFP, then you do have the benefits, just remember that your positives might be someones elses negatives that theyre dealing with and see in you. Theres always the idea that your a different type too. Some E's think theyre I's because there not so active, so try again, you might suprise yourself.

I lack patience too. I want it all, now! But if someone wants me to be patient with them for some reason I will- it doesn't necessarily make me happy waiting for people/things, but I keep my frustrated impatience on the inside and present a calm, friendly face to the person in question (that is if it is a person I'm dealing with- if it's an item such as a computer I will happily swear at it and use violence).
    While I'm being so nice and putting others first, people may think "What a nice, patient person!". I can act patiently, but my feelings don't necessarily reflect this...

Oh, what the heck, I might as well hug you too while I'm at it

Junior Member Array czar.of.frolicing's Avatar

Sounds like you have a 6 member family and even though most are introverts, that can be just plain tiring on an I, depending on how strong your score is. The other I family members might be getting tired too. Just something to consider.
    "Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen

No, you are not failing INFP, I do that too sometimes.