half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    alright...so i read the op and ao i get that must seem odd. we nf's are emotional creatures you see and at times when we feel off or unsettled about something we reach out to someone who may be able to relate...perhaps offer a bit of support or a new perspective that will help us process it and come to terms with it so we can move on.

i don't know how else to say it really...you have a thought you want to clarify so you make a thread to discuss it...and these sorts of posts are about someone needing to clarify their feelings about something.
    nice, keep talkin' lady!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Athenian 200 said: "NFJs seem to be drawn towards the common areas rather than the temperament areas, since we usually want more diversity of opinion"

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this. I have thus far stuck to the NF area because I'm new, but I have also lurked in other places. Also, I have a friend who is INFJ and she is less tolerant of political differences than I am as an INFP so I'm not sure that INFJs generally want more diversity of opinion than INFPs. In fact, INFPs are supposed to be less judgemental unless their core values are crossed, so...
    I would disagree with the bolded statement. This is probably not related to type at all. i have known some extremely closed-minded and judgmental NFP types where I just had to keep my mouth shut because they were ramming their ideas down my throat. It probably has more to do w/ maturity than anything else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    nice, keep talkin' lady!

whaaaaat? haha...you laughin at me girl!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

whaaaaat? haha...you laughin at me girl!
    Not laughing at you at all! Laughing at myself and the situation. I said I can "hear" your posts, and then all of a sudden you write this kinda long one and I couldn't help but giggle while you "read" it to me. I need help...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Not laughing at you at all! Laughing at myself and the situation. I said I can "hear" your posts, and then all of a sudden you write this kinda long one and I couldn't help but giggle while you "read" it to me. I need help...
    haha!!! that shit is hilaaaaarious!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

alright...so i read the op and ao i get that must seem odd. we nf's are emotional creatures you see and at times when we feel off or unsettled about something we reach out to someone who may be able to relate...perhaps offer a bit of support or a new perspective that will help us process it and come to terms with it so we can move on.

i don't know how else to say it really...you have a thought you want to clarify so you make a thread to discuss it...and these sorts of posts are about someone needing to clarify their feelings about something.
    But I don't understand why. Which is because I don't understand the mind set. Why you reach out for others? Why don't you start thinking about solving the actual problem? I presume that NFs can do that but they don't in many cases.
    Are your emotions so overpowering in critical situations?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am watching the NF forum all the time and there is something that I can't overlook.

What I can't overlook is how many post here are written in the stile : I am depressed, do others like me, I suck at life, why people don't like me and stuff like that.

In NT forum there are similar posts but there is a smaller amount of them and I would dare to say that conversations are more constructive.

Here you just have a emofest of some sort and it is almost like you are making eachother depressed. (and enjoy it)

I am sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to achive if you have a goal in the first place. Are you just venting ? Or you really need attention of others to talk to you about emotions you have at the moment?
    As a matter of fact, we pity most people. You, the person beside you, the person who posted just before us. We're all sad little losers. But we're too polite to pity the rest of the world openly; we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings. So we pity ourselves and thereby acknowledge our common ineptitude.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

But I don't understand why. Which is because I don't understand the mind set. Why you reach out for others? Why don't you start thinking about solving the actual problem? I presume that NFs can do that but they don't in many cases.
    man...i don't think you listened.

do you like to discuss things? like this thought of yours...this confusion about this topic...why didn't YOU just work it out for yourself....can you but you just chose not to?

i am saying that it is the same thing...it is a feeling rather than a thought that needs to be sorted out so discussing it helps...same process different objective.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

man...i don't think you listened.
    He hasn't listened. That has already been addressed by several people in several posts...

The solution is usually expressed in their venting. They know the solution, but they need to clear the messy emotions before they can take action. You want to cook in a clean kitchen, y'know?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

In many cases it's good to have a sounding board on your thoughts. Not everyone has gone through the same struggles in life so we use that to our advantage. Deadlocking yourself to only your own views may prove useful in some situations but overall allowing people to comment and provide insight on your thoughts is an excellent way to get past life's roadblocks.

Yes, from an ENFJ perspective I feel emotionally overpowered whenever I am insulted by another person. There was a thread on this awhile back but to summarize it is hard for me to distance myself from any emotional attack and see the logic behind it. There will be a window of time where all I think about is how what you just said relates to me and if it is true or not. Pink mentioned that it is akin to being slapped and I fully agree.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."