• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why NFs pity themselves so much ?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, he told me about last weekend and how he opened your asshole wider than the Grand Canyon. Good luck with that!

Aww, he said that? I knew he cared. I thought he wouldn't respect me if I gave it up so easy.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have deliberatly choosen more antagonistic approach. Just to see will it trigger a hostile response.

Interesting approach. That sounds like what I did in an online game once to amuse myself when I was in a really mean mood. I knew some people got really annoyed when they saw players on their team in sub-par gear, so I deliberately equipped really bad, low level items and joined their team in order to enjoy their reaction. :)

Also when I read posts on this forum I get the impression that a number of people really enjoys in this kinds of things. Something like among the lines " it doesn't matter what feeling it is as long as deep feeling".
Also I aree with statement that NFP are more likely to behave this way.
I see it as a form of masochism. (you are free prove me wrong)

I am not saying that people do this all the time but at the moments it can look as if they really like to feel bad.

I see it as masochism myself. I do get depressed sometimes, but I don't like it and try to stop feeling it. If I had a choice, I'd rather feel numb than feel pain. I totally don't get why they want to "feel alive" even if it hurts. That's kind of creepy to me.

No, it does not make me feel uncomfortabe I just don't understand "the ritual". I am not sure that I would started this thread in the case that this kinds of conversations make me uncomfortable.

That would be where we differ... that creepy "ritual" you talk about definitely makes me uncomfortable. It's probably part of why I don't like INFPs. The other reason being that most people see me as fairly nice, while they seem to think I'm heartless. That kind of gets on my nerves.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I totally don't get why they want to "feel alive" even if it hurts. That's kind of creepy to me.

I don't want that :huh:

We don't deny how we feel & sweep in under the rug, because it will keep popping up. Better to deal with it and get over it...hence the venting.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pain, without love
Pain, I can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

Sorry, this thread made me think of this song and I chuckled :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Way to cover your butt :rolli: :D

True. But I didn't do it just for the sake of doing it.

Since I think many NF could use more positive approach in life. But I don't understand what is stoping them in achiving that. Also I have impression that they have a tendency to run in circles.

Are NF(P)s always qute unstable on the inside?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Since I think many NF could use more positive approach in life. But I don't understand what is stoping them in achiving that. Also I have impression that they have a tendency to run in circles.

I don't think you're INTJ, buddy.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Your impression is wrong, and no, we are not unstable on the inside.
We have times of being tumultuous, but we can be very strong & consistent.

V

violaine

I have deliberatly choosen more antagonistic approach. Just to see will it trigger a hostile response.
So that I can ask: Why did it trigger a hostile reaction? Are you afaid that I am judging you ? In the case you are, why you are afraid of that and why did you even bother to reply? Were you offended because I am INTJ ? Once you answer those question maybe you will realise better why you are so unhappy at times.

Your premise was flawed. Hence the corrections. Post something flawed about something NTs or SJs care about and watch them react. This is SOP for most people.

Another reason is because I trully don't understand why people here have a tendency towards depressive thinking/feeling. Which is becaus I am built differently then NFs.

This is also flawed. Do you think NFs solely have this tendency? Also, I imagine many people are here because they are on a quest for self-knowledge or have particular personal problems they are trying to solve. Hence, reflected in topics.

I don't know if you have ever visited INTPc, not to pick on them, there is much dissatisfaction there. The most depressed person I have ever known was ISTJ as it happens. NFs are more open to sharing their feelings whatever they may be, don't presume this means those feelings don't exist in the wider community.

Also when I read posts on this forum I get the impression that a number of people really enjoys in this kinds of things. Something like among the lines " it doesn't matter what feeling it is as long as deep feeling".
Also I aree with statement that NFP are more likely to behave this way.
I see it as a form of masochism. (you are free prove me wrong)

I am not saying that people do this all the time but at the moments it can look as if they really like to feel bad.

That may well be true in that NFs like to inhabit their feeling states whatever they may be. I don't know about it being an NFP thing. I think it's that for many NFs the way they are feeling can be the reality and they don't particularly want cheering up. It's what is on their mind, hence they talk about it.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
You may envy this perceived NF pity. Yet you are restricted by your NT status to join in as to it would give away you true INFP identity.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, he told me about last weekend and how he opened your asshole wider than the Grand Canyon. Good luck with that!

Oh+Snap.jpg

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
INTP or INFP.

That is because my personality is greatly distorted here.
There was even a thread about this.

I use this place as a playground to test ideas and get inforamation and the reason why focus so much on feeling is because I totally suck at them completly. But I need to understand people around me. That is why I bombard this topic from so many sides. I but I can agree that my forum personality is INTP.

But in real life I am clearly J.
Maybe I should show it more often here.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Your premise was flawed. Hence the corrections. Post something flawed about something NTs or SJs care about and watch them react. This is SOP for most people.

This is also flawed. Do you think NFs solely have this tendency? Also, I imagine many people are here because they are on a quest for self-knowledge or have particular personal problems they are trying to solve. Hence, reflected in topics.

No I don't think that NF are the only ones with the tendency. But I think that NF could be the most likely group to act this way.

I don't know if you have ever visited INTPc, not to pick on them, there is much dissatisfaction there. The most depressed person I have ever known was ISTJ as it happens. NFs are more open to sharing their feelings whatever they may be, don't presume this means those feelings don't exist in the wider community.

I think that NF are good in healing them self but they are also the most likely to have sudden emotional problems and out burts.

That may well be true in that NFs like to inhabit their feeling states whatever they may be. I don't know about it being an NFP thing. I think it's that for many NFs the way they are feeling can be the reality and they don't particularly want cheering up. It's what is on their mind, hence they talk about it.

Ok.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do I get this strange sense of deja vu?

Please, those of you who have been here for more than a year, help me out here...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't read it but who else thinks ao is obsessed with nf's?