User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 309

  1. #21
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Venting & relating . NFs feel alienated a lot, so relating to our kind gives us some strength. Often times, friends & family don't understand what we're saying (we're too abstract....we're too emotional...etc.).

    Plus, we like to help people, and we're generally not the tough love sort, so we help through encouragement and understanding. What seems like wallowing to you is actually pretty constructive and promotes growth in NFs.
    I agree. I need to vent or externally rant a little (ie curse loudly somedays) or just talk through feelings. I also-maybe cause I am a feeler-am not entirely uncomfortable sharing those feelings with others-so am more open. Another factor is that I often need to dissect them a bit to understand them-so am not feeling pity, just sharing and analyzing out loud.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I imagine that NFs and all types on here do the same. Is there something you would like to talk about Antisocial?
    AS would like to talk about rocks! he loves them.

  2. #22
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think he just needs some of these:

    Ass out Pelvis out, of course.
    but(t), of course...

    I'll take one too, please.

  3. #23
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    but(t), of course...

    I'll take one too, please.
    They need to set these up in public places: FromKeetra - //////////////////////// ANONYMOUS HUGGING///////
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #24
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Ah, the way to tell the NTPs are in the thread... LOL
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #25
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What I can't overlook is how many post here are written in the stile : I am depressed, do others like me, I suck at life, why people don't like me and stuff like that.

    In NT forum there are similar posts but there is a smaller amount of them and I would dare to say that conversations are more constructive.

    Here you just have a emofest of some sort and it is almost like you are making eachother depressed. (and enjoy it)


    I am sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to achive if you have a goal in the first place. Are you just venting ? Or you really need attention of others to talk to you about emotions you have at the moment?
    I would wager to say you're mostly seeing xNFPs here. They're the ones who wallow in self-pity the most, but they're also the most vocal in the NF forums. NFJs seem to be drawn towards the common areas rather than the temperament areas, since we usually want more diversity of opinion.

    I tend to save my pity for other people, because I know I'll manage somehow. I tend to worry more about how I'm going to stop good, interesting people from being turned into something they're not by the people around them.

    I do sometimes express feelings because I feel the need for empathy and understanding of said emotions, but I generally make it clear that that's what I'm doing when that's the case.

  6. #26
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    They need to set these up in public places: FromKeetra - //////////////////////// ANONYMOUS HUGGING///////
    HAHAAHAA!!!

    We can start a franchise of other anonymous services...

  7. #27
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    HAHAAHAA!!!

    We can start a franchise of other anonymous services...
    I really don't want to know. Do I?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  8. #28
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    #1 Closer attention to your spelling will help your argument come across more successfully.


    to answer the OP post, I don't do any of those things you speak of, but I've recently found out I am teetering on limbic so what do I know?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  9. #29
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I would wager to say you're mostly seeing xNFPs here. They're the ones who wallow in self-pity the most, but they're also the most vocal in the NF forums. NFJs seem to be drawn towards the common areas rather than the temperament areas, since we usually want more diversity of opinion.

    I tend to save my pity for other people, because I know I'll manage somehow. I tend to worry more about how I'm going to stop good, interesting people from being turned into something they're not by the people around them.

    I do sometimes express feelings because I feel the need for empathy and understanding of said emotions, but I generally make it clear that that's what I'm doing when that's the case.
    The INFJ way:



    The ENFP way:



    The INFP way:

    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Athenian 200 said: "NFJs seem to be drawn towards the common areas rather than the temperament areas, since we usually want more diversity of opinion"

    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this. I have thus far stuck to the NF area because I'm new, but I have also lurked in other places. Also, I have a friend who is INFJ and she is less tolerant of political differences than I am as an INFP so I'm not sure that INFJs generally want more diversity of opinion than INFPs. In fact, INFPs are supposed to be less judgemental unless their core values are crossed, so...

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. [NT] Why do nts project so much?
    By prplchknz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  4. Why do credentials have so much emphasis?
    By Synapse in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:33 AM
  5. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO