User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 309

  1. #281
    Feelin' FiNe speculative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea, why do they ? Life is unique and noone gets what he has paid for
    In life, you don't get what you paid for - you get what you accept...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

  2. #282
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea, why do they ? Life is unique and noone gets what he has paid for
    Oh the irony...

  3. #283
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Smile

    Well, I rarely hang out here but this is what I think.

    NTs are just as emotional as NFs. But NTs are more likely going to think over them and rationize it, rather than emote and talk about it. I really don't understand other people's emotions, and i don't understand my own either. So I prefer to not deal with them and let them fade away.

    To say that NTs have no emotions is false, because NTs too have the limbic system in their brain and this is the requirement for emotional learning.
    But when asked what do we feel in certain situations, or at any figiven moment, we really have no answer.

    If you really want a breakdown between thinking and feeling, I think that is impossible. Everything in the end are just words and information.

    Not all problems can be solved with logic. Problems that can't be solved increases the negitive thinking in the brain. And one way to remove them is to talk it over and find a solution with someone else.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  4. #284
    Member Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    71

    Default

    @ OP

    Seriously, did you open this thread because you were genuinely interested or because you wanted to start a huge argument? :O

  5. #285
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    @ OP

    Seriously, did you open this thread because you were genuinely interested or because you wanted to start a huge argument? :O
    I presume you did not go through entire thread.

    What would you say to me if I say "Both" ?


    The thing is that I understand how NFs work on the outside but I know very little about how they work on the inside.

    I have started a number of thread about this but all replies look shallow to me and people repeat things similar things over and over again. With which I am more or less familiar.

    Another "problem" is that NF act very differently when they are in normal mode or when they are emotionally charged. So what they say in normal mode probably will not apply to situations when they are angry.

    Which is the side I am far less familiar with. Since I have a trouble understanding the fact that someone can get so emotionally charged. When someone attacks him/her on verbal level.
    I am pretty sure that this thread would not got so far in the case that the OP was some "normal" post and to be honest this thread has been quite insightful for me. Since the "insult" has triggered a part of NF they try to hide in many cases. Since they dislike conflict at least that is what they calaim in other threads.



    I mean a person has the opinion it has. So what ?
    Why do you feel so threatened?




    I am perfectly aware of the fact I that I am coming as an arrogant asshole in this thread. But I am only trying to understand.

    For example when I was 10 I already had the skill to move my mother to tears and I stll have a problem with the idea that a parent can be so fragile.

    While I didn't do anything "special". I was just being rude and/or insensitive.

  6. #286
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Well, I rarely hang out here but this is what I think.

    NTs are just as emotional as NFs. But NTs are more likely going to think over them and rationize it, rather than emote and talk about it. I really don't understand other people's emotions, and i don't understand my own either. So I prefer to not deal with them and let them fade away.

    To say that NTs have no emotions is false, because NTs too have the limbic system in their brain and this is the requirement for emotional learning.
    But when asked what do we feel in certain situations, or at any figiven moment, we really have no answer.

    If you really want a breakdown between thinking and feeling, I think that is impossible. Everything in the end are just words and information.

    Not all problems can be solved with logic. Problems that can't be solved increases the negitive thinking in the brain. And one way to remove them is to talk it over and find a solution with someone else.
    Very good post Cloud.

  7. #287
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I presume you did not go through entire thread.

    What would you say to me if I say "Both" ?


    The thing is that I understand how NFs work on the outside but I know very little about how they work on the inside.

    I have started a number of thread about this but all replies look shallow to me and people repeat things similar things over and over again. With which I am more or less familiar.

    Another "problem" is that NF act very differently when they are in normal mode or when they are emotionally charged. So what they say in normal mode probably will not apply to situations when they are angry.

    Which is the side I am far less familiar with. Since I have a trouble understanding the fact that someone can get so emotionally charged. When someone attacks him/her on verbal level.
    I am pretty sure that this thread would not got so far in the case that the OP was some "normal" post and to be honest this thread has been quite insightful for me. Since the "insult" has triggered a part of NF they try to hide in many cases. Since they dislike conflict at least that is what they calaim in other threads.



    I mean a person has the opinion it has. So what ?
    Why do you feel so threatened?




    I am perfectly aware of the fact I that I am coming as an arrogant asshole in this thread. But I am only trying to understand.

    For example when I was 10 I already had the skill to move my mother to tears and I stll have a problem with the idea that a parent can be so fragile.

    While I didn't do anything "special". I was just being rude and/or insensitive.
    Hmmm...so am I to understand that you wish to provoke the NFs to anger, only to then ask them why they are angry (because you supposedly don't understand)? Now I don't understand...
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #288
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...so am I to understand that you wish to provoke the NFs to anger, only to then ask them why they are angry (because you supposedly don't understand)? Now I don't understand...
    Well, I was planning to provoke a response but I did not expect that I will get so many replys and this level of disagreement. But I would dare to say that some parts were insightful.

    Also I said at the beginning of the thread that I wasn't fully honest with the OP.


    I did it becuse I am not interested in their loving and carring "mantle" which they tend to show so often. Since I know that there is much more in there.
    Especially in the case of NFPs.



    Does this make sense to you ?

  9. #289
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Perhaps I would understand better if you revealed the insight that you managed to glean from the reactions in this thread. I'm curious to hear what it is.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #290
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Re: post 285. If you haven't tried it, you might find therapy a more valid and productive way to answer these questions you express here. Sincerely.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. [NT] Why do nts project so much?
    By prplchknz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  4. Why do credentials have so much emphasis?
    By Synapse in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:33 AM
  5. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO