MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea, why do they ? Life is unique and noone gets what he has paid for
    In life, you don't get what you paid for - you get what you accept...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea, why do they ? Life is unique and noone gets what he has paid for
    Oh the irony...

Smile

Well, I rarely hang out here but this is what I think.

NTs are just as emotional as NFs. But NTs are more likely going to think over them and rationize it, rather than emote and talk about it. I really don't understand other people's emotions, and i don't understand my own either. So I prefer to not deal with them and let them fade away.

To say that NTs have no emotions is false, because NTs too have the limbic system in their brain and this is the requirement for emotional learning.
    But when asked what do we feel in certain situations, or at any figiven moment, we really have no answer.

If you really want a breakdown between thinking and feeling, I think that is impossible. Everything in the end are just words and information.

Not all problems can be solved with logic. Problems that can't be solved increases the negitive thinking in the brain. And one way to remove them is to talk it over and find a solution with someone else.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INFP

@ OP

Seriously, did you open this thread because you were genuinely interested or because you wanted to start a huge argument? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    @ OP

Seriously, did you open this thread because you were genuinely interested or because you wanted to start a huge argument? :O
    I presume you did not go through entire thread.

What would you say to me if I say "Both" ?

The thing is that I understand how NFs work on the outside but I know very little about how they work on the inside.

I have started a number of thread about this but all replies look shallow to me and people repeat things similar things over and over again. With which I am more or less familiar.

Another "problem" is that NF act very differently when they are in normal mode or when they are emotionally charged. So what they say in normal mode probably will not apply to situations when they are angry.

Which is the side I am far less familiar with. Since I have a trouble understanding the fact that someone can get so emotionally charged. When someone attacks him/her on verbal level.
    I am pretty sure that this thread would not got so far in the case that the OP was some "normal" post and to be honest this thread has been quite insightful for me. Since the "insult" has triggered a part of NF they try to hide in many cases. Since they dislike conflict at least that is what they calaim in other threads.

I mean a person has the opinion it has. So what ?
    Why do you feel so threatened?

I am perfectly aware of the fact I that I am coming as an arrogant asshole in this thread. But I am only trying to understand.

For example when I was 10 I already had the skill to move my mother to tears and I stll have a problem with the idea that a parent can be so fragile.

While I didn't do anything "special". I was just being rude and/or insensitive.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Well, I rarely hang out here but this is what I think.

NTs are just as emotional as NFs. But NTs are more likely going to think over them and rationize it, rather than emote and talk about it. I really don't understand other people's emotions, and i don't understand my own either. So I prefer to not deal with them and let them fade away.

To say that NTs have no emotions is false, because NTs too have the limbic system in their brain and this is the requirement for emotional learning.
    But when asked what do we feel in certain situations, or at any figiven moment, we really have no answer.

If you really want a breakdown between thinking and feeling, I think that is impossible. Everything in the end are just words and information.

Not all problems can be solved with logic. Problems that can't be solved increases the negitive thinking in the brain. And one way to remove them is to talk it over and find a solution with someone else.
    Very good post Cloud.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I presume you did not go through entire thread.

What would you say to me if I say "Both" ?

The thing is that I understand how NFs work on the outside but I know very little about how they work on the inside.

I have started a number of thread about this but all replies look shallow to me and people repeat things similar things over and over again. With which I am more or less familiar.

Another "problem" is that NF act very differently when they are in normal mode or when they are emotionally charged. So what they say in normal mode probably will not apply to situations when they are angry.

Which is the side I am far less familiar with. Since I have a trouble understanding the fact that someone can get so emotionally charged. When someone attacks him/her on verbal level.
    I am pretty sure that this thread would not got so far in the case that the OP was some "normal" post and to be honest this thread has been quite insightful for me. Since the "insult" has triggered a part of NF they try to hide in many cases. Since they dislike conflict at least that is what they calaim in other threads.

I mean a person has the opinion it has. So what ?
    Why do you feel so threatened?

I am perfectly aware of the fact I that I am coming as an arrogant asshole in this thread. But I am only trying to understand.

For example when I was 10 I already had the skill to move my mother to tears and I stll have a problem with the idea that a parent can be so fragile.

While I didn't do anything "special". I was just being rude and/or insensitive.
    Hmmm...so am I to understand that you wish to provoke the NFs to anger, only to then ask them why they are angry (because you supposedly don't understand)? Now I don't understand...
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...so am I to understand that you wish to provoke the NFs to anger, only to then ask them why they are angry (because you supposedly don't understand)? Now I don't understand...
    Well, I was planning to provoke a response but I did not expect that I will get so many replys and this level of disagreement. But I would dare to say that some parts were insightful.

Also I said at the beginning of the thread that I wasn't fully honest with the OP.

I did it becuse I am not interested in their loving and carring "mantle" which they tend to show so often. Since I know that there is much more in there.
    Especially in the case of NFPs.

Does this make sense to you ?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Perhaps I would understand better if you revealed the insight that you managed to glean from the reactions in this thread. I'm curious to hear what it is.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

heart on fire

Re: post 285. If you haven't tried it, you might find therapy a more valid and productive way to answer these questions you express here. Sincerely.