Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You're awesome.
    ...Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I see it as masochism myself. I do get depressed sometimes, but I don't like it and try to stop feeling it. If I had a choice, I'd rather feel numb than feel pain. I totally don't get why they want to "feel alive" even if it hurts. That's kind of creepy to me.
    Perhaps after feeloing numb and empty for long enough anything is better, even pain? This may be an NeFi or just an Fi thing, I dont know but it seems prevelant enough in society not to be a simple fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Since I think many NF could use more positive approach in life. But I don't understand what is stoping them in achiving that. Also I have impression that they have a tendency to run in circles.

Are NF(P)s always qute unstable on the inside?
    Once trapped in an Ne-Fi rut it can be circular and can just dive deeper and deeper and sort of magnify itself. I keep looking outwards for affirmation to solve the problem???? This could just be me though. I have to make a decided choice to stop the cyclical thinking and look inside for a sense of stability??? I have to stop Fi from amplifying itself???

I use this place as a playground to test ideas and get inforamation and the reason why focus so much on feeling is because I totally suck at them completly. But I need to understand people around me. That is why I bombard this topic from so many sides. .
    me too. I totally identify with this use of the forum. Not feeling but just people in general. I like the idea of bombarding a topic from all sides. Perhaps my baby Te thinks like your giant Te.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    it just occurred to me that every time I read one of your posts, I "hear" you reading it out loud in my version of what I think your voice sounds like. I really need to examine this...
    THIS IS SO TRUE!!!!!!! OMG!!! She's in my brain. But I kinda like it

Actually once an INTJ told me I write EXACTLY like I speak. So maybe this is what we see with the beautiful Lady X, that makes us sense a voice instead of text.

But I don't understand why. Which is because I don't understand the mind set. Why you reach out for others? Why don't you start thinking about solving the actual problem? I presume that NFs can do that but they don't in many cases.
    Are your emotions so overpowering in critical situations?
    I tend to ask for about five to ten opinions to supplement by decision about most anything. This means I go door to door sometimes chatting throughout the door to gather a sense of concensus. In my personal life I often question Fi and it's conclusions so be introducing those ideas to others I get feedback. I always knew my view was sometimes flawed but never understood the Fi specific role of that.

This what I am trying to say since I came here. But people don't believe me.
    The only "flaw" of this is that you don't get too big bonuses from good emotions.
    Dude, You'd be suprised.....

My job description consists of:
    A) saying crazy shit to make others laugh
    B) making scientists in adjacent cubicles speak to each other
    C) making groups of people function together productively.

All Ne-Fi stuff. I just hit the six figure mark this year. All due to "good emotions" that help the organization function more effectively.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Perhaps after feeloing numb and empty for long enough anything is better, even pain? This may be an NeFi or just an Fi thing, I dont know but it seems prevelant enough in society not to be a simple fluke.
    I suppose some people want that. I just meant that I really don't get it and it creeps me out a little. There's not necessarily anything wrong with it, I just really dislike pain enough that I'd rather feel nothing if I had a choice. I mean... it hurts, you know? Perhaps that's why I get jealous of NTs... sometimes it seems like they feel nothing. Of course, I know very well that even they're not that lucky. No human is.

I suppose some people want that. I just meant that I really don't get it and it creeps me out a little. There's not necessarily anything wrong with it, I just really dislike pain enough that I'd rather feel nothing if I had a choice. I mean... it hurts, you know? Perhaps that's why I get jealous of NTs... sometimes it seems like they feel nothing. Of course, I know very well that even they're not that lucky. No human is.
    Yeah, this may be more Ne-Fi, I just dont know. For me, I can build very strong Te walls to protect myself however it also seems to block both happy and sad feelings. So I feel little to no incoming emotion in those states-just strength??? (totally free random thought here, sorry....)

So maybe if you spend enough time here, you can loose the ability to feel anything-emptyiness, thus folks find ways to rediscover that capacity. Some do that via emo-ness perhaps?

I have an enfp sister in law who is a cutter. She grew up surrounded by very strong Ts and looks really, really tough, yet collapsed emotionally as soon as she left home and began cutting. It is very, very common, so I think it worthey of consideration.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, this may be more Ne-Fi, I just dont know. For me, I can build very strong Te walls to protect myself however it also seems to block both happy and sad feelings. So I feel little to no incoming emotion in those states-just strength??? (totally free random thought here, sorry....)

So maybe if you spend enough time here, you can loose the ability to feel anything-emptyiness, thus folks find ways to rediscover that capacity. Some do that via emo-ness perhaps?

I have an enfp sister in law who is a cutter. She grew up surrounded by very strong Ts and looks really, really tough, yet collapsed emotionally as soon as she left home and began cutting. It is very, very common, so I think it worthey of consideration.
    Ugh. All I have to say in response to it being common is... people are creepy. This only cements my certainty that I want nothing to do with most of them. That's just... sick. Sorry, but you pushed me to say that by continually telling me it was common and worthy of consideration. That's my final answer, and I refuse to open my mind or heart to accepting or valuing such disturbing nonsense just because everyone else thinks it makes sense.

I know it seems closed minded, but there are just some feelings I can't and won't empathize with at all.

heart on fire

This sounds deeper than MBTI and preferences. It makes it sound like depression and hopelessness.

Feeling does hurt at times but feeling also has highs and joys. Like there's an easy euphoria I can get from listening to a song over and over and over and get into a very deep feeling state. I'd hate to give that up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This sounds deeper than MBTI and preferences. It makes it sound like depression and hopelessness.
    Well, sometimes I do feel that. There might even be some of that going on in my life now, actually. But mostly I just meant that I wouldn't deliberately choose pain over numbness. I wouldn't necessarily want to get rid of my emotions completely. I just wouldn't seek to rid myself of the numbness that sometimes comes over me when I get overwhelmed emotionally. I consider it something of a good thing that gives me a break and sense of clarity when I need it most, and I don't wish to understand the people who would force themselves out of it with self-inflicted pain.
    Feeling does hurt at times but feeling also has highs and joys. Like there's an easy euphoria I can get from listening to a song over and over and over and get into a very deep feeling state. I'd hate to give that up.
    Yes, me too. I like experiencing the various feelings different songs give me.

Ugh. All I have to say in response to it being common is... people are creepy. This only cements my certainty that I want nothing to do with most of them. That's just... sick. Sorry, but you pushed me to say that by continually telling me it was common and worthy of consideration. That's my final answer, and I refuse to open my mind or heart to accepting or valuing such disturbing nonsense just because everyone else thinks it makes sense.

I know it seems closed minded, but there are just some feelings I can't and won't empathize with at all.
    sorry, not meaning to validate it as okay, but rather it is worthy of understanding the root of the problem so you (ie society) can try and help them find a way out of the unhealthy pattern. That it is such a common unhealthy pattern in the concern on my part. rtaher than dismiss as creepy or sick, it should be recognized as a form of mental illness/disorder/unhealthy pattern, rather than a flawed human being.

Fi prompts me to feel empathy and pain for these folks and prods me to want to help them (even if energetically I would be benefited by doing things for myself )

Perhaps Fe sees them as more falling outside of the norms of society and dismisses thier issues as thier own isolated problems/creepiness/sickness? Thus not an Fe issue? Please take no offense, I am just thinking outloud in order to understand...

heart on fire

I consider it something of a good thing that gives me a break and sense of clarity when I need it most, and I don't wish to understand the people who would force themselves out of it with self-inflicted pain.
    I don't understand it either. Just seems like an mental illness that needs treatment.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Perhaps Fe sees them as more falling outside of the norms of society and dismisses thier issues as thier own isolated problems/creepiness/sickness? Thus not an Fe issue? Please take no offense, I am just thinking outloud in order to understand...
    I feel more saddened than anything and if it were someone I knew, I would actively try to help them.