User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 309

  1. #161
    Senior Member Alpha Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am watching the NF forum all the time and there is something that I can't overlook.

    What I can't overlook is how many post here are written in the stile : I am depressed, do others like me, I suck at life, why people don't like me and stuff like that.

    In NT forum there are similar posts but there is a smaller amount of them and I would dare to say that conversations are more constructive.

    Here you just have a emofest of some sort and it is almost like you are making eachother depressed. (and enjoy it)


    I am sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to achive if you have a goal in the first place. Are you just venting ? Or you really need attention of others to talk to you about emotions you have at the moment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Isn't this in itself whining? Or maybe I got the wrong impression!
    Hell yeah, but the guy has got a point. I don't understand why one needs to whine or rant. It accomplishes nothing of value.

    Most NF's I know aren't good at dealing with emotions in a constructive way.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

  2. #162
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    +1

    How about we all just stop putting down others in order to make ourselves look better?
    I think Antisocial was really just coming to the Idyllic for some hugs and cheering up anyway. Everyone should give him a hug.

  3. #163
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    This is because our processes of thinking is quite different.
    I am very deliberate person while I presume you are not that much.

    What means that I am working towards goals.
    So here is the thing: I don't have to think what I really want all the time.
    When something happens or occures my Ni just throws everything I need to know out and how to solve the problem. If it is something more complex then I will need to use my T.

    In a way this is automated reaction. This is because I don't doubt in my goals. But every now and then I stop and rearrange if something is wrong or iif there ara some better things to do.

    I hope this makes sense to you.

    of course it makes sense to me. i completely understand that everyone has their own methods. i expect them to be different. you use logic alone to solve issues that may come up....i get that...you are a very deliberate non emotional person...i get it...i've heard you say it a million times. i on the other hand am deliberately cognizant of my emotions...i believe it to be a very important part of the human condition. when i'm faced with a decision i let my emotions as well as my logic be a part of the process.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #164
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Prime View Post
    Hell yeah, but the guy has got a point. I don't understand why one needs to whine or rant. It accomplishes nothing of value.
    It's pretty cathartic.

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think Antisocial was really just coming to the Idyllic for some hugs and cheering up anyway. Everyone should give him a hug.
    ...group hug!

  5. #165
    Senior Member Alpha Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    It's pretty cathartic.
    So you would rather feel better than do something constructive about what made you feel that way!?
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

  6. #166
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote:
    This is because our processes of thinking is quite different.
    I am very deliberate person while I presume you are not that much.

    What means that I am working towards goals.
    So here is the thing: I don't have to think what I really want all the time.
    When something happens or occures my Ni just throws everything I need to know out and how to solve the problem. If it is something more complex then I will need to use my T.

    In a way this is automated reaction. This is because I don't doubt in my goals. But every now and then I stop and rearrange if something is wrong or iif there ara some better things to do.

    I hope this makes sense to you.
    I don't know who posted this originally...but you seem to assume that you're special in having goals and working towards them. NFP have goals too. All humans can have goal they work towards and if your Ni is going on and on without any editing from the other functions, that's not a healthy situation. Not any more than someone running on Fi all the time without any input from Ne. The primary and secondary work together or the person goes unbalanced. This is how I understand it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Prime View Post
    So you would rather feel better than do something constructive about what made you feel that way!?
    Like Morrissey wielding a bicycle chain?

  7. #167
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Just for the record: There is a lot of "NTs are bad" going around.


    I hope that you realize that this is a stereotype/generalization as well.
    I don't see a lot of that coming from NFs unless it is in retaliation for something. I find NFs are generally very respectful and accepting of NTs, certainly there is not a lot (if any) putting themselves or their way of being on a pedestal.

    I wonder if part of the reason anyone buys into supposed NT superiority, particularly here, is that NFs don't attack their obvious flaws.

  8. #168
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Prime View Post
    So you would rather feel better than do something constructive about what made you feel that way!?
    depends on the issue...sometimes feeling better IS the objective.

    somethings in life just are...and can't be undone or fixed...sometimes they just need to be accepted which if painful may require a bit of empathy and support to heal...that's just the way it goes.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #169
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    NFs are pretty interesting too, in their own ways. I think the key is being confident in your own abilities and working to better yourself.
    Yes, but that's difficult. My bad experiences with NFPs didn't exactly help give me confidence in the NF temperament or myself, because sometimes they do things that make it seem like the condescending things NTs sometimes say about us are right, and it embarrasses me.

    I'll try, though. Maybe my inability to deal well with NFPs represents a weakness in myself that I need to confront before I can better myself.

    That may sound trite, but I find it to be extremely true. Allying with NTs while putting down other NFs may provide you with a false sense of assurance that you are "better," but it is only just that.
    Ah, I don't really do that with all NTs. Mostly just INTJs, because I "get" how they think, and want them to see that my F doesn't make me a total alien.

  10. #170
    Senior Member Alpha Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Like Morrissey wielding a bicycle chain?
    Qu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    depends on the issue...sometimes feeling better IS the objective.

    somethings in life just are...and can't be undone or fixed...sometimes they just need to be accepted which if painful may require a bit of empathy and support to heal...that's just the way it goes.
    This is a difference between me and you NF's. Thank you for your input, Lady X.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. [NT] Why do nts project so much?
    By prplchknz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  4. Why do credentials have so much emphasis?
    By Synapse in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:33 AM
  5. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO