User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 309

  1. #151
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I didn't presume it was directed at me, I presumed it was directed at US. I don't like the stereotyping of an entire group, unless it's done jokingly or with a light touch.
    The irony is that you made an generalization in your previous post implying INFPs "are supposed to be more open-minded than INFJs". So you guys both engaged in the error of making a generalization. Everyone does it.

  2. #152
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Why do wish so much for NTs to look favorably upon you?
    Well, because they tend to be really interesting. They tend to understand and accept ideas/perspectives I have that most people (even other NFs) would dismiss or even look down on me for. Also, I guess sometimes I just look up to them, because they seem so much more capable and confident in many ways.

  3. #153
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Because I'm put off by smugness and arrogance. I don't like people who look down on others excessively at all, whether it's INFPs or ESFPs or Mexicans or the working class. That's just part of my personal values.

    I don't expect everyone to like me. But I tend to want to defend what I perceive as being the underdog. And yes probably because I do indentify with the NFP type, too.

  4. #154
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    The irony is that you made an generalization in your previous post implying INFPs "are supposed to be more open-minded than INFJs". So you guys both engaged in the error of making a generalization. Everyone does it.
    It isn't ironic. I did it intentionally to mirror her original generalization about INFPs. She first said that INFPs tend to want to cling to their own group and not get other types of opinions, and I countered that with what you mentioned in the quote here.

    Yes, everyone generalizes. But there's no reason to take it to excess.

    I'm starting to lose interest in this thread. Quickly, quickly...ahhh... there it goes!

  5. #155
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Just for the record: There is a lot of "NTs are bad" going around.


    I hope that you realize that this is a stereotype/generalization as well.

  6. #156
    movin melodies kiddykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am watching the NF forum all the time and there is something that I can't overlook.

    What I can't overlook is how many post here are written in the stile : I am depressed, do others like me, I suck at life, why people don't like me and stuff like that.

    In NT forum there are similar posts but there is a smaller amount of them and I would dare to say that conversations are more constructive.

    Here you just have a emofest of some sort and it is almost like you are making eachother depressed. (and enjoy it)


    I am sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to achive if you have a goal in the first place. Are you just venting ? Or you really need attention of others to talk to you about emotions you have at the moment?
    Isn't this in itself whining? Or maybe I got the wrong impression!

  7. #157
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    ^ Oh my dear Viv, it's *logical* whining! All the difference in the world.

  8. #158
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It isn't ironic. I did it intentionally to mirror her original generalization about INFPs. She first said that INFPs tend to want to cling to their own group and not get other types of opinions, and I countered that with what you mentioned in the quote here.

    Yes, everyone generalizes. But there's no reason to take it to excess.

    I'm starting to lose interest in this thread. Quickly, quickly...ahhh... there it goes!
    Suuure, way to cover your tracks.... :P Haha i got your point.

  9. #159
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, because they tend to be really interesting. They tend to understand and accept ideas/perspectives I have that most people (even other NFs) would dismiss or even look down on me for. Also, I guess sometimes I just look up to them, because they seem so much more capable and confident in many ways.
    NFs are pretty interesting too, in their own ways. I think the key is being confident in your own abilities and working to better yourself. That may sound trite, but I find it to be extremely true. Allying with NTs while putting down NFs may provide you with a false sense of assurance that you are "better," but it is only just that.

  10. #160
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Suuure, way to cover your tracks.
    +1

    How about we all just stop putting down others in order to make ourselves look better?

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. [NT] Why do nts project so much?
    By prplchknz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  4. Why do credentials have so much emphasis?
    By Synapse in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:33 AM
  5. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO