User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I didn't presume it was directed at me, I presumed it was directed at US. I don't like the stereotyping of an entire group, unless it's done jokingly or with a light touch.
    The irony is that you made an generalization in your previous post implying INFPs "are supposed to be more open-minded than INFJs". So you guys both engaged in the error of making a generalization. Everyone does it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Why do wish so much for NTs to look favorably upon you?
    Well, because they tend to be really interesting. They tend to understand and accept ideas/perspectives I have that most people (even other NFs) would dismiss or even look down on me for. Also, I guess sometimes I just look up to them, because they seem so much more capable and confident in many ways.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because I'm put off by smugness and arrogance. I don't like people who look down on others excessively at all, whether it's INFPs or ESFPs or Mexicans or the working class. That's just part of my personal values.

I don't expect everyone to like me. But I tend to want to defend what I perceive as being the underdog. And yes probably because I do indentify with the NFP type, too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    The irony is that you made an generalization in your previous post implying INFPs "are supposed to be more open-minded than INFJs". So you guys both engaged in the error of making a generalization. Everyone does it.
    It isn't ironic. I did it intentionally to mirror her original generalization about INFPs. She first said that INFPs tend to want to cling to their own group and not get other types of opinions, and I countered that with what you mentioned in the quote here.

Yes, everyone generalizes. But there's no reason to take it to excess.

I'm starting to lose interest in this thread. Quickly, quickly...ahhh... there it goes!

Just for the record: There is a lot of "NTs are bad" going around.

I hope that you realize that this is a stereotype/generalization as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am watching the NF forum all the time and there is something that I can't overlook.

What I can't overlook is how many post here are written in the stile : I am depressed, do others like me, I suck at life, why people don't like me and stuff like that.

In NT forum there are similar posts but there is a smaller amount of them and I would dare to say that conversations are more constructive.

Here you just have a emofest of some sort and it is almost like you are making eachother depressed. (and enjoy it)

I am sorry but I really don't understand what you are trying to achive if you have a goal in the first place. Are you just venting ? Or you really need attention of others to talk to you about emotions you have at the moment?
    Isn't this in itself whining? Or maybe I got the wrong impression!

heart on fire

^ Oh my dear Viv, it's *logical* whining! All the difference in the world.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It isn't ironic. I did it intentionally to mirror her original generalization about INFPs. She first said that INFPs tend to want to cling to their own group and not get other types of opinions, and I countered that with what you mentioned in the quote here.

Yes, everyone generalizes. But there's no reason to take it to excess.

I'm starting to lose interest in this thread. Quickly, quickly...ahhh... there it goes!
    Suuure, way to cover your tracks.... :P Haha i got your point.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, because they tend to be really interesting. They tend to understand and accept ideas/perspectives I have that most people (even other NFs) would dismiss or even look down on me for. Also, I guess sometimes I just look up to them, because they seem so much more capable and confident in many ways.
    NFs are pretty interesting too, in their own ways. I think the key is being confident in your own abilities and working to better yourself. That may sound trite, but I find it to be extremely true. Allying with NTs while putting down NFs may provide you with a false sense of assurance that you are "better," but it is only just that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Suuure, way to cover your tracks.
    +1

How about we all just stop putting down others in order to make ourselves look better?