User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I would wager to say you're mostly seeing xNFPs here. They're the ones who wallow in self-pity the most.
    Interesting approach. That sounds like what I did in an online game once to amuse myself when I was in a really mean mood. I knew some people got really annoyed when they saw players on their team in sub-par gear, so I deliberately equipped really bad, low level items and joined their team in order to enjoy their reaction.

That would be where we differ... that creepy "ritual" you talk about definitely makes me uncomfortable. It's probably part of why I don't like INFPs. The other reason being that most people see me as fairly nice, while they seem to think I'm heartless. That kind of gets on my nerves.
    Why NFs in particular? My impression is that INPs do this more than other types.

Once again, you're describing why INFPs frustrate me.
    Need I go on? You admitted in the bold parts above that this whole thread sounds similar to your 'mean mood' and you're obviously using the insult to further your 'safe' insulting of INFPs. Don't play dumb. I'm not trying to attack you directly, but good lord you're being critical and when I'm being critical back you're getting defensive.

It doesn't sound very nice. It seems like you're irritated that I tried to understand where he was coming from.

Are you sure this is what you're angry about, and not something else?
    No, it wasn't very nice, but neither was 'backing up' and 'understanding' the insulting nature of the thread, moreless contributing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    AO doesn't understand NFs. It's not a crime. And he's misguided. But it's also not a crime.
    No, it isn't a crime, but I'm not going to sit here while someone throws insults at an entire group like that. It's insulting, not misguided, and I don't take it as anything less.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeaaahhhh.....we enfps don't take that shit sitting down! muah kyuuei!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    No, it isn't a crime, but I'm not going to sit here while someone throws insults at an entire group like that. It's insulting, not misguided, and I don't take it as anything less.

If you ask me, when people are misguided that doesn't mean I have to get upset about it. Where's your arrogance? What do I care if AO knows nothing about NFs? It's only insulting if it matters. I respect AO and like his inquiring mind, but I've established sometime ago that F is still too foreign a concept for him. If you get riled up you're only playing his game anyway. I don't care that much about what any one person thinks to grant any special treatment, really.

I'm not necessarily criticizing you or anything. Just saying that NFs in general should stop caring so much about what misguided people think of them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sy...if we stopped speaking up and defending others than we wouldn't be much of an "advocate" would we. : /
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sy...if we stopped speaking up and defending others than we wouldn't be much of an "advocate" would we. : /
    I did throw in my two cents like I always do. Just saying getting upset doesn't get anybody anywhere.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sometimes...it DOES though...i'm not sure much of our progression would've been possible w/o first getting "upset" about something.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If you ask me, when people are misguided that doesn't mean I have to get upset about it. Where's your arrogance? What do I care if AO knows nothing about NFs? It's only insulting if it matters. I respect AO and like his inquiring mind, but I've established sometime ago that F is still too foreign a concept for him. If you get riled up you're only playing his game anyway. I don't care that much about what any one person thinks to grant any special treatment, really.

I'm not necessarily criticizing you or anything. Just saying that NFs in general should stop caring so much about what misguided people think of them.
    What game? Trolling? Or the game of insulting?

I'm not ALWAYS going to get riled up every time someone says something bad in my general direction.. but this I thought crossed a line. It was done in a very condescending manner, it wasn't constructive criticism, it was destructive if anything and WORST of all is that he tried covering it up.

If he had just come out and said "I hate NFs, and they're negative and blah." I probably would have reacted with a "Well, sucks to be you, I like me "

What AO is doing is bully-like, and trolling, and just plain ignorant. I appreciate your words, but I couldn't sit still while this BS went on.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Need I go on? You admitted in the bold parts above that this whole thread sounds similar to your 'mean mood' and you're obviously using the insult to further your 'safe' insulting of INFPs. Don't play dumb. I'm not trying to attack you directly, but good lord you're being critical and when I'm being critical back you're getting defensive.
    Well, I just related, I guess. I wasn't really thinking about how someone else might read it. I wasn't trying to be overtly critical, but I can see how it came across that way. I'm sorry, then.

No, it wasn't very nice, but neither was 'backing up' and 'understanding' the insulting nature of the thread, moreless contributing to it.
    I don't know if I agree that the nature of the thread was "insulting." I was more amused than insulted, because of his unawareness that this didn't apply across the board, failing to point out awareness of having equal weaknesses that manifest differently, and that he kept unwittingly phrasing questions in a way that many people took as challenging or insulting.

I find it annoying that you have such a rigid interpretation of reality. "An insult is an insult, it can't possibly be anything else, because that's how I saw and felt it, and I stubbornly refuse to change my perspective." That's honestly what you sound like to me. Need I remind you that he comes from a completely different culture?

It had insulting elements, but the thing is... there's a lot more going on here than insults. That's a very petty thing to focus on. He might have felt that NFs were worthy of insults when he wrote what he did, but that was obviously due to a misperception of what NFs are. If he understood how we think, and why we think the way we do, he wouldn't have felt anything condescending at all.

People in general tend to feel condescension towards things they don't understand. I think you do as well. If you just go around reducing that to "insulting" everytime you perceive it in someone, you'll never give them a chance to change their minds, and will in fact reinforce their perception that you're worthy of being insulted and condescended to.

For instance, I can picture his thought process now. This reaction, insisting on reducing everything he said and asked to an "insult" and getting angry, just (rather ironically) proves him right in his mind about NFs being ruled by their emotions and unable to evaluate things critically. Is that what you wanted?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sometimes...it DOES though...i'm not sure much of our progression would've been possible w/o first getting "upset" about something.
    Yep that is true in a general sense. But again, this is really just one misguided person. I don't know about you, but I have a hippie agenda to take care of. You know, hugs some trees (oh noes!!I've just probably helped reinforce the tree-hugging myth!!!!!) and smoke some joints

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yep that is true in a general sense. But again, this is really just one misguided person. I don't know about you, but I have a hippie agenda to take care of. You know, hugs some trees (oh noes!!I've just probably helped reinforce the tree-hugging myth!!!!!) and smoke some joints
    "Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
    Jack Kerouac

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    Margaret Mead

haha...yeah, whatever...i'll join ya in your hippie endeavor.
    -Jim Morrison