User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    You are apsolutly right I don't understand depressed people.
    Since I am not depressed and I don't have emotional approach towards life.
    Depression can be hard for most people to understand considering it's so against fundamental human nature, even for those who consider themselves caring individuals. It's the reason that depressed people are often shouted at to "Man up/Stop it" by unsympathetic people or "Cheer up" by people that are sympathetic but don't really understand that it's much more difficult to do so. Eventually these people get labelled as attention seeking emos or lazy people but considering the amount of people that suffer from the condition, yeah...

Think of phobias. Why are people afraid of these thing? How exactly do you propose to fix a phobia? The problem is entirely emotional and psychological. In the same regard I don't believe there are people who are 100% efficient and do not come across some problems. When these problems can't be dealt with, it becomes a case of trying to fix it, but not being able to do this. At first it'll be lookedd kindly upon but after a while it'll be deemed as wallowing when people still can't seem to break out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yours (AO) is gross generalization, but if nothing else, bear in my mind we aren't exactly in a real life environment here. Some people talk about stuff here that they simply don't in real life. You too probably.
    Correct. I pay much less attention to feelings in the real world then here.

My logic goes like this:

If a problem can be sovled it will be solved and if it can't be solved then there is no point in worring and getting depressed about it.

The only "flaw" of this is that you don't get too big bonuses from good emotions.
    Sounds like me on the surface, except underneath I'm somewhat the opposite. I think stoticism is quite useful in terms of stepping back and observing but...

1. You don't ever get frustrated by things that you can't solve?
    2. What would be your motivation in life? Why those rather than others?

Once again considering that I lead a life of emotional feedback, lots of my decision weighted on a mixture feelings and logic. To solve a problem without addressing the emotional problem (It can be at the same time) is essentially ignoring a fundamental aspect of myself. I think Athenian already mentioned that the emotional part is the motivation part. Example:

1. If I work hard on this. I'll be able to get out of it.
    2. I can't generate the motivation to do so. Natural resistance towards work.
    3. Work gets delayed.
    4. Motivation plumets further.
    5. Work suffers.

This is a negative feedback loop of someone who suffers from anxiety, depression or whatever other negative problem there is. Therefore by solving number 2, I'll be able to concentrate on number 1 properly.

1. You don't ever get frustrated by things that you can't solve?
    2. What would be your motivation in life? Why those rather than others?
    Well I can get annoyed about some tasks. Escpially since I live in a society that is quite disorganised and random.
    But this kinds of things don't have a big impact in me.
    I think that one of my main strenghts is that I don't have a problem with stress as people around me and I don't have to drink coffee and pills to be able to function.

Basicly I live to make myself intellectually stronger.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

... I hope you enjoy simply being intellectually stronger. Most people who want to be intellectually stronger probably only want it that way so that they can dominate other people. So does that mean that you live to dominate other people? It seems much easier to live for the sake of enjoying yourself. Coffee and pills can help you to enjoy yourself, and at the same time, make you intellectually stronger. Why would you bother to live for something you're probably going to get anyway, sounds like a pointless and dull life to me...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My logic goes like this:

If a problem can be sovled it will be solved and if it can't be solved then there is no point in worring and getting depressed about it.
    Interesting. That is what I usually tell people who seem to be wallowing very badly, when I find being nice only enables them. In most cases it's not a good idea, though, since it makes them feel invalidated.

I suppose what I get isn't so much depressed as... well, bored, scared, and trapped. I feel fine when I can keep my mind off it, but I get depressed when it hits me in the face again, and I don't see a way to solve it. And then I have to get my mind off it again, etc...
    Also I am not too emotional person by default so by I have a natural tendency to avoid depression.

The only "flaw" of this is that you don't get too big bonuses from good emotions.
    It sounds like you're talking about how I used to be in school. I'd get extremely focused, my feelings and empathy would drain away, and I'd choose every action based on what was best for getting my assignment done. To such an extent that I was called "The Machine." The problem was... well, it eventually made everything trivial to me, so I wasn't able to set any goals or decide what was important (though I could have reached them, I had nothing to tell me what they were), because I had dismissed everything that could help me do that as worthless. So I had to start trying not to do that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Disease, grief, loss, loneliness, depression, trauma, stress etc makes people get into self pity. Its a coping mechanism to reach out and get assistance possibly and try to gain different perspective to their problems. To vent, like a pressure valve that builds needs to be released or something may break. So too this is part of a release whether whiny or pitiful the course is the same. Psychological restructuring, a state of emotional refuse tending to be generated from personal and medical causes as a means of expressing the pain so the situation is acknowledged whether by themselves or others. Whether they solve it or get stuck in a recurring loop depends how clear minded the person is which may be blinded by their worries to see a solution.

garbage

When your primary "filter" involves searching for personal meaning in everything, you're naturally going to take everything more personally.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I only say those kinds of things because I think it's funny. But I just can't understand how people can take that seriously! I'm never serious! When I say that I think I'm stupid or that I'm so depressed, I never mean it.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's almost natural for NFs to feel pity. I try hard not to, and I usually don't pity myself. My dad, also an NF, has really emphasized about being strong. When something bad happens, we have to punch through it. We can't let our emotions get in the way of taking care of our business. It's hard, but we need to be strong. I usually don't pity myself because I surrender to things that I can't change or don't have any control over, and move on with a raised head.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?