User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 309

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am a member for a long time.
    You should spend more time there.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

  2. #92
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am aware of that. Even if it does not looks like that.

    What is not clear to me is why it has to be sorted before the problem is solved? If the problem stays unsolved then you will have a problem with that because it will probably make you nervous even more. Also it could happen that you are not aware of it. So it will make you nervous "quietly".

    But I think that in most cases this has an impact. What means that you will need more time to recover and sort things out if you start with sorting of emotions.

    So in many cases it could be wiser to try to solve the problem instead of sorting your emotions and if you need that you can sort them out once you solve the problem.
    But from what I saw that is not typical NF approach. Instead you prefer to
    postpone problem solving and get in sad " what should I do now ?" mood.
    Eventually you will recover but to me this can look like drama just for the sake of drama.



    However I know that you can't use this approach on many kinds of problems.
    This is simplified example.
    In some situations, this is indeed a flaw in our psychology that we can't do much besides work around. I admit that.

    However, in some situations... it's actually an emotion that's causing it to feel like there's a problem with our situation rather than the other way around. In this situation, working through the emotion resolves everything, and there's no need to do anything else.

    In fact, an NT, whose first impulse would be to change something objective in response to a sense that something is wrong, might end up unconsciously running away from resolving the real emotional issue that's actually causing the pain, and just drowning it out or masking it temporarily.

    So depending on whether the true source of the discomfort is emotional/psychological or objective/physical in nature, the NF or NT response is more effective.

    Does that make sense?

  3. #93
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post
    You should spend more time there.
    You are quite antitolerant for someone who has signature like yours.


    But I don't mind. Actually I value this kind of an additude.

  4. #94
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    In some situations, this is indeed a flaw in our psychology that we can't do much besides work around. I admit that.

    However, in some situations... it's actually an emotion that's causing it to feel like there's a problem with our situation rather than the other way around. In this situation, working through the emotion resolves everything, and there's no need to do anything else.

    In fact, an NT, whose first impulse would be to change something objective in response to a sense that something is wrong, might end up unconsciously running away from resolving the real emotional issue that's actually causing the pain, and just drowning it out or masking it temporarily.

    So depending on whether the true source of the discomfort is emotional/psychological or objective/physical in nature, the NF or NT response is more effective.

    Does that make sense?
    Yes, it makes sense.

    But this part

    However, in some situations... it's actually an emotion that's causing it to feel like there's a problem with our situation rather than the other way around. In this situation, working through the emotion resolves everything, and there's no need to do anything else.
    sound like favoring of denial.

  5. #95
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    sound like favoring of denial.
    It can be.

    In a nutshell, I think NFs are more vulnerable to denial, while I think NTs are more vulnerable to dissociation (though I could be wrong).

    Although, again... sometimes the proper response to the feeling is to work through it, rather than change something about your situation. If it comes back after you do this once, though, that means it's time to start looking to change your situation.

  6. #96
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Personally I'm conscious that I spend too much time wallowing in my own self-pity and emotional problems, but that's because it's difficult to see a solution to a problem, or because the solutions are not optimal. For example currently in my life: I'm forced to make the choice of deciding my future, and whether I will leave my friends. There are virtually no good options there. The lack of options generates negative feelings.

    However one thing is for certain. I've noticed that FPs are more expressive of their sadness and emotions in general, and FJ seem to require permission to express themselves more, at least with the younger teenagers.

    Antisocial One. You sound like you don't really understand depressed people.
    This might interest you. -> Learned helplessness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #97
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

    Antisocial One. You sound like you don't really understand depressed people.
    This might interest you. -> Learned helplessness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You are apsolutly right I don't understand depressed people.
    Since I am not depressed and I don't have emotional approach towards life.

  8. #98
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Since I am not depressed and I don't have emotional approach towards life.
    You don't get depressed or feel a lot of negative emotions? I'm kind of jealous now, because that sounds great.

    If your intention was to make me jealous of your confidence, comfort, and ability to get what you want easily, you've succeeded. Congratulations.

  9. #99
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Yours (AO) is a gross generalization, but if nothing else, bear in my mind we aren't exactly in a real life environment here. Some people talk about stuff here that they simply don't in real life. You too probably.

    There can be a variety of reasons why people post in such a way. Venting, seeking counsel, etc

    I personally don't pity myself at all (much more prone to pitying others if anything.but pity is just a very stupid sentiment).

    There's also something you must take into account and that is the weight written text carries with it...or the lack thereof. Some people just feel the need to often exaggerate or infuse it with feeling to get others to know how they feel. It's a feedback thing. NFs might communicate much more with feeling. There are a million meanings that can be interpreted from the same exact phrase depending on how you say things.


    I feel like I'm not addressing everything that should be addressed but chose to post anyway.

  10. #100
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You don't get depressed or feel a lot of negative emotions? I'm kind of jealous now, because that sounds great.
    This what I am trying to say since I came here. But people don't believe me.


    My logic goes like this:

    If a problem can be sovled it will be solved and if it can't be solved then there is no point in worring and getting depressed about it.

    Also I am not too emotional person by default so by I have a natural tendency to avoid depression.
    While everybody are prepared to place bets that I am quite depressed.


    The only "flaw" of this is that you don't get too big bonuses from good emotions.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. [NT] Why do nts project so much?
    By prplchknz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  4. Why do credentials have so much emphasis?
    By Synapse in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:33 AM
  5. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO