User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 61

  1. #51
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    that's what happens when you work things out and attempt to move on to more complex understandings. there's always more unseating the finished product. trying to figure it out is a huge part of the process of determining what it means to you. exploring via Ne- there's no shame in that. we all have our methods with their own strengths and weaknesses. i too easily see people as if they are ideas, looking thru them for a conceptual picture of which they are but a single cell. we all have diverging paths to becoming ethical and humane, while still being practical, functional, adaptable, and capable of getting/synthesizing new information. valuing what is here while imagining something better, being open to something better, etc.

  2. #52
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    I do this, without purposely doing it conciously. Its been a annoying habit of mine, usually when i like what someone's doing/characteristic, i end up copying. I'm not as annoyed now as when i was a bit younger when i cared about being a individual (different).

  3. #53
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I do this, without purposely doing it conciously. Its been a annoying habit of mine, usually when i like what someone's doing/characteristic, i end up copying. I'm not as annoyed now as when i was a bit younger when i cared about being a individual (different).
    How is an individual specially related to being different?
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  4. #54
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    How is an individual specially related to being different?
    Well to put it simply, "unique". Which was ironic since i like to wear all the brand clothing that all the other school kids was wearing. I was so clueless. But aren't we all at that age .
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  5. #55
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Well to put it simply, "unique". Which was ironic since i like to wear all the brand clothing that all the other school kids was wearing. I was so clueless. But aren't we all at that age .
    Um, have you seen your peers around you? Most of them try to find common ground to stay common yet unique when you know them very personally. At least that is how it's done in Stockholm, more or less.

    As for me, I've always sought out the anomalies. It's like a quest. Rather lovely one too.


    I think someone in this thread said IxxP tend to do this. I disagree.
    I think it's based on maturity. And possibly insights, concerning the life lived within to the out.

    OOT: is P somewhat creating possibilities on what is not there yet and J more of a value system that is based on what is?
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  6. #56
    Member janey_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INtJ
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Interesting, this mirroring...

    I consider myself a bit of a "pleasure Gelph" (like the one in Red Dwarf) - where I "feed" people the part of me that I know will please them. I find out about them and mirror values, ideas, plans the whole nine yards - I often joke that if you got all of the different people I know to talk about me their accounts would vary wildly as I am a different person with each of them...

    This for me though is a "personality flaw" in me - because of the intensity of it, it has to do with low self esteem and the inability to "be myself" and has become a coping mechanism for me to be able to deal with others on a daily basis without the risk of being rejected. Unfortunately with it is the paranoia of letting this "false me" slip and allowing the real me out and worrying this will lead to the other person despising me... The irony is, the more I do this mirroring/pleasure gelphing the more I hate myself and the more others pick up on it....

    It is almost empathy gone crazy in my case.... To be me again without the pretence -*sigh* I am working towards that...

  7. #57
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Um, have you seen your peers around you? Most of them try to find common ground to stay common yet unique when you know them very personally. At least that is how it's done in Stockholm, more or less.

    As for me, I've always sought out the anomalies. It's like a quest. Rather lovely one too.


    I think someone in this thread said IxxP tend to do this. I disagree.
    I think it's based on maturity. And possibly insights, concerning the life lived within to the out.

    OOT: is P somewhat creating possibilities on what is not there yet and J more of a value system that is based on what is?
    That might have been the case. I only notice noticeable traits that i copied from someone vs the one that they might have copied from me to stay on even ground. Then again, i have no clue what unique actions i do, so more or less that's probably why i don't notice, because i don't know what to look for.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  8. #58
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    As an INTP, yes, and consciously as well. But only if I have certain expectations of the person I communicate with or find that there is some deeper understanding to why I should behave the way I will.

    I think it's pretty important for INTP's to be able to do so too. I dunno where I would be without doing this.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  9. #59
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Then again, I have no clue what unique actions I do, so more or less that's probably why I don't notice, because I don't know what to look for.
    Well, lately, I've been called weird/crazy/insane/having a few screws loose and I honestly find that most other people are weird/crazy. I've met insane people in a psychiatric emergency and I am not insane. That much I know.

    What I want to point out is; I don't notice my unique behavior because it is normal for me to act the way I act. Why wouldn't it be? I've lived my life for 21 years by now. Well, I do know how I act differently in a few cases but I think everyone act differently given the right circumstances.


    What I've found out so far is that I am xNxJ. I am both idealist and rationalist.

    But the quote that really got to me was:

    "What I cannot create, I cannot understand."

    Richard Feynman

    and it fits very well with my way of mirroring. To understand someone else, I need to be able to build it myself and where else if not in me?
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  10. #60
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Well, lately, I've been called weird/crazy/insane/having a few screws loose and I honestly find that most other people are weird/crazy. I've met insane people in a psychiatric emergency and I am not insane. That much I know.

    What I want to point out is; I don't notice my unique behavior because it is normal for me to act the way I act. Why wouldn't it be? I've lived my life for 21 years by now. Well, I do know how I act differently in a few cases but I think everyone act differently given the right circumstances.


    What I've found out so far is that I am xNxJ. I am both idealist and rationalist.

    But the quote that really got to me was:

    "What I cannot create, I cannot understand."

    Richard Feynman

    and it fits very well with my way of mirroring. To understand someone else, I need to be able to build it myself and where else if not in me?
    Of course some people will sometimes find you weird/crazy because they don't know the reasons behind some of your actions and they find it strange. Its impossible to understand everyone, because there are so many ways a person can grow up and different ideals/experience that shaped them. Not to mention every person perceives the same event differently. Its like dropping something on the ground and you don't know where it will fall; up, sideway, or down. So mirroring someone doesn't necessarily means you can understand someone, because the way you perceive said action will probably be viewed differently because of diffent value/experience.

    But i do agree that it can be use to create a common grounds. But to understand someone, you need to know their foundation.

    I need to read some of Richard Feynman's book, people do talk highly of him.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you ask an autistic person to stop harassing you?
    By SurrealisticSlumbers in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2017, 04:57 AM
  2. 6 Personality traits to admire and acquire (?)
    By Laurie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
  3. [ISTJ] ISTJs, how do you observe and remember so much?
    By ygolo in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
  4. What do you admire and revile?
    By labyrinthine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
  5. What do you advise a "bad" person to do?
    By ygolo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO