User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default INFP care the most about themselves ?

My infp told me today.

His words were: "Whatever the two of you say, I will only understand what I want to hear and the rest of it will just go poof the magic dragon."

For me this totally goes against everything I believe in, therefore I count those guys as dangerous to my soullife.

Am I dreaming or isnt that the whole truth ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    My infp told me today.

His words were: "Whatever the two of you say, I will only understand what I want to hear and the rest of it will just go poof the magic dragon."

For me this totally goes against everything I believe in, therefore I count those guys as dangerous to my soullife.

Sounds like he's just immature. I've had to train myself, but I've learned to take the good and the bad things that I hear in.. you have to process everything.

Now, when I'm under stress, I only take in things that confirm that I should be stressed and become more stressed because I'm thinking only about things that are making me stressed and then I think about that thing that someone said awhile ago and it makes me more stressed because they must think that I'm a bad person because I'm so stressed because etc.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

heart on fire

Sorry to have to say it , but your INFP sounds like a quivering mass of goo.

Did he really say "poof the magic dragon?" I go to take Dramamine now!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

Now, when I'm under stress, I only take in things that confirm that I should be stressed and become more stressed because I'm thinking only about things that are making me stressed and then I think about that thing that someone said awhile ago and it makes me more stressed because they must think that I'm a bad person because I'm so stressed because etc.
    That was a very..."stressful" sentence

INFPs will care the most about themselves depending on how you choose to play with words.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

My infp told me today.

I don't think your description of the situation is in-depth enough to be fair; it seems really colored by your own opinion without letting things speak for themselves.

What exactly do the two of you "say?" For example, if you're making small-talk, then I can see your INFP friend justifiably being non-interested in that part of the conversation. Or, does your friend have trouble focusing due to something like ADD? All I'm saying here is that I would need to hear some of these conversations before I would pass judgement on your INFP friend. Although, he seemed to communicate his feelings in a kind of crass response...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP

^ Agreed. A lot depends on the subject matter and the specific conversation.

Many INFP's I know tune out things if they are too difficult to handle all at once, but those who are maturing learn to listen to everything.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My infp told me today.

I think INFPs definitely can be like that. I mean, Introverted Feeling... feeling about yourself. I can see a connection there. I also know some INFPs who have very annoying values that aren't based on anything.

I would say that I end up processing everything I hear, but I reject and rail against it (at least internally) if I don't like the idea it represents to me. Sometimes even being so obsessed with my disdain for it that I blindly attack several other things that seem like they're related to it, or might open up paths to it. I can't really ignore anything, and that's probably why I find it so hard to put myself in a situation where I might be exposed to something I don't like.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Most people care most about themselves, regardless of type...

MBTI
    INFP

I can't even tell what he's saying, exactly. He'll only understand what he wants to hear? What does that mean? Is this some lost-in-translation from the German issue?

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Most people care most about themselves, regardless of type...
    +1