User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 26

  1. #11
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    My infp told me today.

    His words were: "Whatever the two of you say, I will only understand what I want to hear and the rest of it will just go poof the magic dragon."

    For me this totally goes against everything I believe in, therefore I count those guys as dangerous to my soullife.

    Am I dreaming or isnt that the whole truth ?
    Entropie - what is the context of the conversation?

  2. #12
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Most people care most about themselves, regardless of type...
    Indeed.

  3. #13
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Yeah, I'd like context too.

    Otherwise I know I'm a selfish SoB...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #14
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    I am very selfless.

    I am INFP.

    I have rewritten this message over 4 times.

    What does that last line have to do with anything?

    On the surface, nothing. There is a meaning however. Or there was.

  5. #15
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    I'm selfless to the point where I can screw up my own life trying to help others.

    Being selfish is something I had to work at. Tho, if you tread on my values...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  6. #16
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think INFPs definitely can be like that. I mean, Introverted Feeling... feeling about yourself. I can see a connection there. I also know some INFPs who have very annoying values that aren't based on anything.
    And INFJs believe it is okay to force their beliefs down others' throats, and they also have no depth of feeling in themselves.
    Extroverted Feeling... feeling for others. I can see a connection there. I also know an INFJ who believes that the crusades were justified.

    You can't oversimplify things like that.
    INFPs aren't selfish. Fi isn't selfish.

  7. #17
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I take it he's telling you he blocks out what he doesn't want to hear. This sounds like a bratty teenager thing, not an INFP thing.

    And saying that Fi is selfish and only feeling about yourself and Fe is caring about other is REALLY oversimplifying things.

    I care very much about what other people think & feel, and I take into account their view even if it is not what I want to hear. INFPs are known to be empathetic & good listeners. I'm the friend people come to when they need someone to listen & for useful advice.

    If these things didn't affect us, we would not be so sensitive. An INFP may balk at something they don't like initially, because they are wounded to hear it, but it will sink in later and they may actually take it more seriously than others & allow it to influence their thinking. Or they may consider it and still find it to be trash & toss it .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #18
    See Right Through Me Bubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Maybe we're taking this in the wrong context. For example, I often don't hear what someone's saying if it's not a topic I'm particularly interested in. If someone is trying to explain how they won some sports event, I'll only half listen. If someone's talking about something I like, I find myself more tuned-in. But that's not even a type thing, not really. Just a possible explanation for the OP.

    If, however, this is about being self-centered, I have to disagree. I think INFPs do think a lot about themselves, but we do it in a way that's more "who are we, how do we work, how will we grow" than "is this about me, should I care if it isn't, I'll ignore it." In fact, INFPs can spend more time worrying about others than themselves. We can be fantastic listeners to other people's problems. Sometimes we totally ignore ourselves because we're so immersed in supporting others.

    But I'm gonna agree with what Udog and the others said: entropie, what was the context of the comment?
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

    My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

    DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

  9. #19
    Member Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

    In fact, INFPs can spend more time worrying about others than themselves. We can be fantastic listeners to other people's problems. Sometimes we totally ignore ourselves because we're so immersed in supporting others.
    ditto.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Dwigie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    And INFJs believe it is okay to force their beliefs down others' throats, and they also have no depth of feeling in themselves.
    Extroverted Feeling... feeling for others. I can see a connection there. I also know an INFJ who believes that the crusades were justified.

    You can't oversimplify things like that.
    INFPs aren't selfish. Fi isn't selfish.
    Agreed. I'm just emotionally honest (okay not always but hey...)

    I honestly wonder why some people think they are "deeper" than others. Where does this come from?
    How do you even know you are deeper than someone?
    What does that even mean...to be deep?
    I usually find people who think they are deep to simply believe that they have the right answer to everything and know more about life than others whether or not it is true. I'm amazed by the number of people who believe they are deeper than other people and do not hesitate to belittle other people's inner lives. "You do not "x" as deeply as I do"...

    Anyways back to topic.

    Well, let me ask you something:
    Do you think that you should place other people's needs above your own? If you do, what are your motivations and what has it brought you? Why would you even expect someone to place your needs above their own?
    I would know about people calling me selfish a lot as a child and only being nice to me when I was their doormat. I grew up, thank god.

    I'm very aware of myself, I think about myself a lot. I don't place other people's needs above my own.What I worry about the most is myself and my family. I don't expect anyone to place my needs above their own, not even my parents.

    Does that mean I don't care about people? No. I do care a lot about people I'm close to and am always giving them things if they need them and I can offer them if it doesn't compromise my own well being. Occasionally I do but it's rare. I'm not a bleeding heart, not anymore. I used to do the exact opposite and just "give it all away" but it has brought me nothing good in life so I stopped.
    Yes, call me selfish for not taking your needs into account. I have a nice little saying for people who call you selfish:

    "The only reason we call other people selfish is because they ignore our personal interest, benefit or well-being."

    It's not other people's duty to care for you it's your own.I feel blessed someone even cares for me. I wouldn't want to complain about someone not "caring enough about me" especially if it's because their own needs are at stake. I'd probably whip myself mentally for that later.

    (Just re-read post, wow. Much less aggressive=> My point is:
    Just because you decide to be selfless doesn't turn others who do not choose to do the same into selfish people.)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Are INFPs the Most Childlike?
    By INFPtheQuietOne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2015, 07:26 AM
  2. [MBTItm] NFs, what bothers you the most about INTPs?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 04:02 AM
  3. INFP, for the most part, I think
    By thinkling in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 07:03 PM
  4. Which type(s) do you think are the most reluctant (desinterested in) to talk about
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
  5. Which Type is the Most Intuitive About People?
    By Ginkgo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO