User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENFPs and feeling ... confused, fake, misunderstood, weird....

I am almost completely new to MBTI, and I still cant type any of people from my RL (probably because of too personal-F view of them so I cant be objective at all)... but it seems to me that ENFPs often feel fake. Like there is not only one personality they have. Maybe most people feel that way no matter what type they are, but it seems, and as I read, it's pretty often among ENFPs.

So, basically, this ENFP personality looks a bit clownish, cheerful, enthusiastic... EDIT:by clownish I dont mean fake.
    But on the other hand, I as an ENFP, when I act stereotypicaly for ENFPs (I am guessing at least 70% time, and 30% I am more like mixture of other 3 NPs), I don't feel fake, I feel strong Ne which is making me act that way and I feel great. Other 30% times I wonder who was that clown I was acting like, not that I don't feel like that was me, but I feel like I felt tooooo misunderstood so I kind of used Ne and just said "what the hell, I'll live!!", and I ask myself "what were you thinking, foolish girl, that there is food for your soul out there?", but I still keep going back to that same world, it's not about me, I'm about the world.

I think that maybe ENFPs as all NFs feel very deep and need deep connection, but they feel it towards the world... and as one can't have deep connection with stupid and often superficial world, that makes ENFP struggle between deep Fi and outer world... Fi wants something that world just cant give enough, but still, that something, for ENFP, is in the world.

Any thoughts on this??
    Or perhaps, solution for this heartbreaking problem..
    Last edited by Chloe; 05-08-2009 at 04:54 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Clowns are trying to copy ENFP's cause they make people feel good.

So there.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I've been thinking a lot about this lately..

Yeah, I agree. I tend to put my clown face on with family friends. I laugh things off. My INFP cousin even subtly asked me when people do this (implying on me), if they're truly presenting what they feel or are they laughing at their own insecurities. I would say it's a little bit of both.

I naturally love to laugh. I love to have fun. I love to conversate, but at a steady pace. But doing these things gets me nowhere when people can't/don't always take me seriously.

It's the one-on-one conversations that I think I feel more authentic when I feel understood.

Besides that, I figure- the majority of the time, say.. 98%, most people I know, would rather enjoy the lies than the truth, so I tend to keep what I know to myself in that regard, unless asked upon for advice or something, then I will offer my insight.

I truly feel conflicted with what I enjoy presenting, and how I feel inside. Sometimes, that 'feeling' is way to much, and I'd rather resort to my own space and do my own thing..

lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

eheheheh!

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about this lately..

Yeah, I agree. I tend to put my clown face on with family friends. I laugh things off. My INFP cousin even subtly asked me when people do this (implying on me), if they're truly presenting what they feel or are they laughing at their own insecurities. I would say it's a little bit of both.
    Yeah, I wouldn't call it clown face - I just said it looks clownish..but "clown face" implies it is fake, but I am not sure how fake it is. It just way of deeling with strong emotions and maybe of expressing them - so maybe opossite to fake.

It's the one-on-one conversations that I think I feel more authentic when I feel understood.
    Sure. I think that (my) ENFPs behaviour (and I'm not saying its necessarly BAD behaviour! ) is from feeling misunderstood, and from feeling too much.

Besides that, I figure- the majority of the time, say.. 98%, most people I know, would rather enjoy the lies than the truth, so I tend to keep what I know to myself in that regard, unless asked upon for advice or something, then I will offer my insight.

Hm, okay, this is not me, but its not on-topic so nvm.

I truly feel conflicted with what I enjoy presenting, and how I feel inside. Sometimes, that 'feeling' is way too much, and I'd rather resort to my own space and do my own thing..
    That's just it. Too much. But unlike INF types, we feel too much towards world so we just have to direct it OUT even though its impossible to find place in world for all of these feelings.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    That's just it. Too much. But unlike INF types, we feel too much towards world so we just have to direct it OUT even though its impossible to find place in world for all of these feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Thats just it? no way to become simple dummy like xxxx (wonnt say what type)... This is my destiny.

it has advantages of course but.... but I need drink!

MBTI
    STP

Maybe making people happy makes you happy and it also energizes you so you kinda go overboard with happiness and excitement.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I tried for 15 years to become something else. It doesn't work, you just become a frustrated ENFP.

Good luck on your quest to become a dumb xxxx. But it's not worth it.