First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    It's about the values, innit? You're going to face the world, you're going to be in its face, and you're going to want people to be in it with you, so you're going to want to (someday) decide what's good in it and what's bad, and--maybe more importantly--what to support. Like, there's happy, and then there's deep happy, right? And since you're going to be urging happiness anyway, might as well urge true happiness because that feels better, yeah? So worrying about being clownish is the process of finding out what is true.

Or something.
    Wow. That's very insightful.

Well done.

MBTI
    INTJ

*enjoys pat on the head*

*remembers he read those things right out of the type descriptions*

*feels fake*

*continues on regardless*

For the OP, I do feel very mercurial and malleable. Going from room to room, person to person I mold my conversational tones, my behavior, to more closely match the needs of the receiver. I can be moody, emotionally labile at times, and can morph into an entj style ass kicking machine if need be. However it is real to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I tried for 15 years to become something else. It doesn't work, you just become a frustrated ENFP.
    Good luck on your quest to become a dumb xxxx. But it's not worth it.
    I'll pay for INTP surgery. Just let me know where to sign up... It's my dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    poki has a point...i get all wired on the good energy vibe and just turn into this silly effusive bubble of a person when in good company...that sounds weird but i think it has to do with the silly switch thing...you get all happy and it just presents iteslf that way...clownish maybe...and it's not that it's fake it's just such a contrast to the deep emotional/thinking introspective person that we also are.
    I totally have bubble, silly switch moments. I do this when I am really excited or when I am really tired. It is sincere not faked or put on in any way. It is euphoric honestly, and utterly real and only happens with those I trust. Whenever I see someone that I havent seen in a few days I sometimes even bounce a bit because I am so happy to see them again. I can be very funny or very crazy-silly. I think this is how my Ne-Fi links onto other people. You get to be the focus of a puppy powered laser beam of love.

When tired I think it is an Se defense mechanism-I have to block anymore input as my mind is overwhelmed and needs to stop the Ne rush-so I eject Se-Fi craziness back out-like bursting out into song.

It's about the values, innit? You're going to face the world, you're going to be in its face, and you're going to want people to be in it with you, so you're going to want to (someday) decide what's good in it and what's bad, and--maybe more importantly--what to support. Like, there's happy, and then there's deep happy, right? And since you're going to be urging happiness anyway, might as well urge true happiness because that feels better, yeah? So worrying about being clownish is the process of finding out what is true.

Or something.
    I dont know if I have a choice. When I need to convince someone of something, I have to believe it myself, otherwise I sound hollow and false. So deep happy may be all I have

*enjoys pat on the head*

*remembers he read those things right out of the type descriptions*

*feels fake*

*continues on regardless*
    We still love you fuzzy badger like mammal. here's a treat... (all out of biscuits)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I'll pay for INTP surgery. Just let me know where to sign up... It's my dream!
    Seriously, I don't think INTPs have it any easier. I'm opting out of that surgery!

garbage

For quite a long time, I thought I didn't belong anywhere. But it turned out that I belonged pretty much everywhere and could adapt to many different environments. But then as I threw myself into situation after situation, I felt "fake" because of my ability to adapt and the apparent personality contradictions that surfaced as a result.

But then I realized that it was me all along. And I didn't feel like I was lying to myself anymore.

Through this whole ordeal, though, I realized just how much personal integrity mattered to me.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    For quite a long time, I thought I didn't belong anywhere. But it turned out that I belonged pretty much everywhere and could adapt to many different environments. But then as I threw myself into situation after situation, I felt "fake" because of my ability to adapt and the apparent personality contradictions that surfaced as a result.

But then I realized that it was me all along. And I didn't feel like I was lying to myself anymore.

Through this whole ordeal, though, I realized just how much personal integrity mattered to me.
    wow. almost every post on this topic is like i wrote it... i guess i should get used on that.

btw. i don't know many enfps in real life, maybe one, and few who i never thought about they are like me. i even think some of ENFPs in RL are annoying me at first sight. Or maybe those are (more likely) some other ESs

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    i even think some of ENFPs in RL are annoying me at first sight. Or maybe those are (more likely) some other ESs
    perhaps not. I love other enfps but we cant stay too long together normally. It's just too much randomness. Hours of the most wondering conversation imaginable then we both collapse. Or I have had a few Fi battles, not really understanding the source of the conflict. I am too intense for most people for more than short amounts of time. Double me and you send people into seizures.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

really?? i don't have a whole lot of real life experience other than family but i think other enfps are so much fun to be with. it's just about the only time i feel like i can just talk w/o walking on some invisible emotional eggshells...always trying to tiptoe around others sensitivities...so in a way i feel more me in their company...and i LOVE it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I think that maybe ENFPs as all NFs feel very deep and need deep connection, but they feel it towards the world... and as one can't have deep connection with stupid and often superficial world, that makes ENFP struggle between deep Fi and outer world... Fi wants something that world just cant give enough, but still, that something, for ENFP, is in the world.

Any thoughts on this??
    Or perhaps, solution for this heartbreaking problem..
    I'll take a quick swipe since I find ENFP interesting in their typical lightweightness.

ENFP's with strong cores will not feel fake, ENFP's with weak cores will feel fake. Why? Because ENFP's with weak core selves let external things determine "who they are" or how they are. The ENFP core is often very diffuse and light so that around stronger personalities they shift and alter. This is why they can feel inauthentic, because they are shifting, chameleon-like to match those around them. They often need "deep connection" (what does this mean?) because they cannot supply their inner emotional needs and identity needs. In fact, I think ENFP's can become stronger by working on developing their own true selves. Reconnecting with who they really are.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I'll take a quick swipe since I find ENFP interesting in their typical lightweightness.

ENFP's with strong cores will not feel fake, ENFP's with weak cores will feel fake. Why? Because ENFP's with weak core selves let external things determine "who they are" or how they are. The ENFP core is often very diffuse and light so that around stronger personalities they shift and alter. This is why they can feel inauthentic, because they are shifting, chameleon-like to match those around them. They often need "deep connection" (what does this mean?) because they cannot supply their inner emotional needs and identity needs. In fact,I think ENFP's can become stronger by working on developing their own true selves. Reconnecting with who they really are
    Truth. I knew that. But the thing is I don't feel fake, as we said already in thread, i feel pretty me and real when I am clownish, but it looks confusing after, sometimes. I think it is normal to have that 2 or more states, but sure they are more intuned when enfp has stronger self.

You are somehow missing the point because we weren't talking about shifting, chameleon around stronger personalities - we were talking of so contrasted emotional states that both are natural and real, but you wonder how can I be so deep and peaceful and at the same time v extraverted.

Lady X, happy puppy - I think I am often annoyed (I was before I found for MBTI which made me more accepting for all types) of other Es, and how loud/attention whores they are (of course when you get to know someone its not important is he E/I). I think I know only 1 ENFP, my very good friend, and I am hardly ever annoyed by her. And yes, I know one ENFP girl over internet, she is most wonderful girl I know, so energetic and smart.
    Its perfect when you meet someone E, and I often think that person is coreless, and not deep, and then you see person really has deep core...thats fascinates me -deep Es..