• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wish they were ENFPs... :wubbie:

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I've felt really overwhelmed by every ENTP I've met. :(

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*kicks Wyst (with feeling)*

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think they're hilarious! I really enjoy ENTPs' sense of humor.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
*kicks Wyst (with feeling)*

Awww, Trinny for U, I will make an exception.

*ahem*

I love ENTPs. Especially when they kick me. It brings out the masochist in me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Awww, Trinny for U, I will make an exception.

*ahem*

I love ENTPs. Especially when they kick me. It brings out the masochist in me.

:wubbie: *chases Wyst around the boards, kicking him*

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My oldest and best-est friend is either ENTJ or ENTP. I'm leaning toward P, because he's not as demanding as a lot of extraverted J's appear to be. Anyway, yeah, he's like my brother.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Don't listen to the mean, nasty INFJs. They’re trying to make us want them even more by pretending they aren’t hot for us.

You can listen to the ones who make posts about ENTPs with huggies and wubbies though.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've felt really overwhelmed by every ENTP I've met. :(

I think this is a pretty common feeling among INFJs in general when it comes to ENTPs.

You need to look at ENTP/INFJ as the other side to the same coin or the same pair of pants turned inside out. Exactly the same yet totally different.

For example, the ENTP will seem overwhelming yet the INFJ is actually more extroverted than the ENTP.

I could go on for a long time on this topic but I'm going to leave it at this. ENTPs mature VERY slowly, this is the issue. If your experience is with a young ENTP I doubt it will be a pleasant one. The ENTP won't have the self awareness to be balanced in the ways that would be beneficial/conducive to a healthy relationship with anybody often times including themselves.

Also, everything you have that allows you to read people so well will be useless with the ENTP, we're both a blind spot to the other and if you're not totally comfortable with yourself this will exploit the others insecurities.

You need to keep in mind, we're one letter off from the others shadow, this is why the magic can be there but also why things can go very poorly.

So there you have some of the issues I see with this dynamic and I'm sure most of the issues you INFJs will have will be directly related to younger ENTPs. For the record, I would run from a 25 year old ENTP too as we're unmanageable, flighty and don't have any control over the functions that will ultimately make us wonderfully deep, caring, loving and compassionate people.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think this is a pretty common feeling among INFJs in general when it comes to ENTPs.

You need to look at ENTP/INFJ as the other side to the same coin or the same pair of pants turned inside out. Exactly the same yet totally different.

For example, the ENTP will seem overwhelming yet the INFJ is actually more extroverted than the ENTP.

I could go on for a long time on this topic but I'm going to leave it at this. ENTPs mature VERY slowly, this is the issue. If your experience is with a young ENTP I doubt it will be a pleasant one. The ENTP won't have the self awareness to be balanced in the ways that would be beneficial/conducive to a healthy relationship with anybody often times including themselves.

Also, everything you have that allows you to read people so well will be useless with the ENTP, we're both a blind spot to the other and if you're not totally comfortable with yourself this will exploit the others insecurities.

You need to keep in mind, we're one letter off from the others shadow, this is why the magic can be there but also why things can go very poorly.

So there you have some of the issues I see with this dynamic and I'm sure most of the issues you INFJs will have will be directly related to younger ENTPs. For the record, I would run from a 25 year old ENTP too as we're unmanageable, flighty and don't have any control over the functions that will ultimately make us wonderfully deep, caring, loving and compassionate people.

I'm less obnoxious in real life. :happy:

And I've been told by several people that I'm the kindest, most compassionate person they know. Often, I'm the only one who can be depended on when times get rough. I care about my loved ones more than anything else, except maybe humanity as a whole.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm less obnoxious in real life. :happy:

And I've been told by several people that I'm the kindest, most compassionate person they know. Often, I'm the only one who can be depended on when times get rough. I care about my loved ones more than anything else, except maybe humanity as a whole.

+1

I'm at my best when everybody else is falling apart.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Don't listen to the mean, nasty INFJs. They’re trying to make us want them even more by pretending they aren’t hot for us.

You can listen to the ones who make posts about ENTPs with huggies and wubbies though.

We like to let you think so, Trinny.
Truth of the matter is.... you'd want us even if we didn't. :wubbie:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
You're wonderfully weird.

And I've been told by several people that I'm the kindest, most compassionate person they know. Often, I'm the only one who can be depended on when times get rough.

The best support and advice I've ever gotten was from an ENTP.

Btw. do. your. eyeballs ever. hurt? Do your eyes ever stop scanning.