• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
..Does the natural progression usually transpire into love where ENTP and INFJ 'meet' later with the desire and emotion developed to a point where then both know they were made for each other? ...At a (much) perhaps, later time?

:D Ya it does. It does indeed ! Want a beer ?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm learning patience...and discipline. This is wonderful how this is happening.

marmandahalf

I love that this is now all ENTPs talking wistfully about INFJs.

They drive me crazy (in both a good way and a bad way) because they don't. say. what. they're. thinking.

It blows my mind. I don't have a well developed sense of *inner* metacognition. I make the fatal error of assuming that everyone else wears their hearts out on their sleeves (or in the ENTPs' case, their minds). I should really go on an INFJ strike...

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

They drive me crazy (in both a good way and a bad way) because they don't. say. what. they're. thinking.

Ze'll talk about it layta. Aftur da churning and da creem rises tuda top.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
puhleeeze. you couldn't hold a candle to my awesomeness. but you are more than willing to try (and fail).

such things are below you
or be-low me
:devil:

lane777

nevermore
^If the above is the criteria many of us will still remain undetectable. :ninja: Excellent!

My thoughts exactly. The Enneagram cannot be understated here, for instance I do not relate to the cliche moodiness that INFJ's are known for. If I'm feeling depressed (and you probably won't even know it), it's for a damn good reason. I am 9w1, btw.

..Does the INFJ know by intuition if they like the ENTP...followed later, perhaps weeks later with the reason why they like or may be in love with the ENTP?
I often shy away from such explanations about love because words simply cannot do justice to my strong feelings. If I love you, you will know by my actions. Yes, to some extent I could point out certain qualities I admire in my So, but some aspects of love are just unexplainable. It's a million little things that make you fall in love with someone.

Does an INFJ express desire first, and slowly fall in love with the ENTP? Does the natural progression usually transpire into love where ENTP and INFJ 'meet' later with desire, thought and emotion developed to a point where then both know they were made for each other?

I have never fallen in love, so I can only speculate. For what it's worth, in all my friendships over the years, it took me years to trust them. Even then I will always hold a large part of myself back. The parts of me I allow you to see, I will only share bit by bit for two reasons... 1) To see what you will do with the information: for if you break my confidence, you will probably never gain my trust back. 2) If you truly want something with me, you will be willing to work hard to earn my love and trust.

Guilty. Because of this, anyone who probes relentlessly has my attention; I need to be convinced that you are genuinely interested before I open up. However, if you have not earned my trust yet, no amount of questioning will get me talking. GOSH, I am a project :sorry:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often shy away from such explanations about love because words simply cannot do justice to my strong feelings. If I love you, you will know by my actions. Yes, to some extent I could point out certain qualities I admire in my So, but some aspects of love are just unexplainable. It's a million little things that make you fall in love with someone.

I get it...and love..it's true..not many words can describe it, and the ones that do usually describe what it is not...And not to try to give a simple understanding to something which I don't...I always seek knowledge and, as an inventor especially, to know how things work. But this isn't a thing. Hehe. I don't know what to describe it as. This sounds good too..it's not to try to make everything have a framework...then it might lose it's appeal, its mystery.

The parts of me I allow you to see, I will only share bit by bit for two reason... 1) To see what you will do with the information: for if you break my confidence, you will probably never gain my trust back.

First of all, I appreciate all of this truly!
I'm curious...seriously what would breaking confidence entail? Would something simple as in interrupting you in conversation constitute this?

2) If you truly want me, you will be willing to work hard to earn my love and trust.

Seriously I find myself doing this...It's just that my Fe needs to be groomed. I hope this isn't considered less than amicable..But realize it needs work.

Guilty. Because of this, anyone who probes relentlessly has my attention; I need to be convinced that you are genuinely interested before I open up. However, if you have not earned my trust yet, no amount of questioning will get me talking. GOSH, I am a project :sorry:

I can see this..and when I express myself to her I find myself more serious than almost ever. It's refreshing. I can't usually get that serious about anything.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
From what I'm steadily learning about ENTPs, I think they're awesome. :)

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Because of this, anyone who probes relentlessly has my attention; I need to be convinced that you are genuinely interested before I open up. However, if you have not earned my trust yet, no amount of questioning will get me talking. GOSH, I am a project :sorry:

And quintessentially INFJ :D

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm learning patience...and discipline. This is wonderful how this is happening.

+1

Ze'll talk about it layta. Aftur da churning and da creem rises tuda top.

Yes, it seems like they need some time to stew and chew on things.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, it seems like they need some time to stew and chew on things.

yes, i never KNOW like some Fi types can just feel it to be true. but i'm not dumb, and i'll get myself aligned and get things figured out eventually.

there is an intensity to this whole process of looking, of trying to KNOW, of caring for a situation enough to work to get to the bottom of its most infinite depth. i am still interested to learn the difference between the infjs who feel like they have the faith, who know (enough!) and can let go of their constant wandering search(feel secure), vs those who feel like they will not stop seeking these mysteries/deeper depths/complexity until the day they die.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
there is an intensity to this whole process of looking, of trying to KNOW, of caring for a situation enough to work to get to the bottom of its most infinite depth. i am still interested to learn the difference between the infjs who feel like they have the faith, who know (enough!) and can let go of their constant wandering search(feel secure), vs those who feel like they will not stop seeking these mysteries/deeper depths/complexity until the day they die.

May I use this for my forum signature ?

Trefle

MBTI Type
INFJ
hmm. ENTPs? I think they're fine so far. one of my friend used to be an ENTP and..well, we stay pretty well, if my mind is to be trusted. :p

My skills of deducing which is who is still yet weak so...hadn't figured out other people's traits. But yea, so far they're fine.

I think it's somewhat interesting because judging from the traits itself, they're almost like contrasts. The potential (and the conflict, unfortunately) resulted on that would be pretty good for both sides.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My skills of deducing which is who is still yet weak so...hadn't figured out other people's traits. But yea, so far they're fine.

From what I know, especially young INFJs are professionals @deducing

lane777

nevermore
Sorry for the late reply :( I only just noticed your comments today when going through some past threads.

First of all, I appreciate all of this truly!
I'm curious...seriously what would breaking confidence entail? Would something simple as in interrupting you in conversation constitute this?

Nooo... I'm referring to intimidate details I may share with my friend/So. It's usually pretty clear what content is private/personal, but if you're unsure, asking is okay - and if you don't want to ask, it's safest to assume we don't want it out there.

But yes, interupting is bad... very bad :shock: Not that it upsets me. I'll just pull into my shell more. Habitual interrupting just shows how little you care about what I have to say.

Seriously I find myself doing this...It's just that my Fe needs to be groomed. I hope this isn't considered less than amicable..But realize it needs work.

hehe, I think most INFJ's could determine whether or not you're offense was done intentionally or through ignorance. Intentional cruelty will scare us off, while ignorance is very forgiveable :yes: and usually quite endearing... I laugh at my ESTJ brother for being a stupid jerk all of the time :D

I can see this..and when I express myself to her I find myself more serious than almost ever. It's refreshing. I can't usually get that serious about anything.

And I find it refreshing when someone brings out my playful side. I have a tendency to get too serious about life. And most people don't understand my humor anyway, so when someone taps into it, I'm just :D!

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I adore their enthusiasm and relentless curiosity, and, unless we've slowly become fixtures in one another's lives, I don't trust them with my emotions any further than I can throw them. ;) Not because I think they're evil, but rather because I know several that are happy to perform emotional autopsies on friendships and situations without shedding a tear, because once they're curious about something, they go on autopilot. That's just the nature of their beast. ::shrug:: A quality I wish I could possess, sometimes, but it does tend to send me scurrying around hiding my vulnerable feelings when they come to call. :blush:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like them. Sometimes they seem a bit annoying with questioning things because I perceive it as simply causing chaos, but I like their wittiness. I also really enjoy how relaxed they can be; it sets a nice mood to things.