• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've felt really overwhelmed by every ENTP I've met. :(

What happens when around the ENTPs you have met causes this? Is it a lot of thought or thinking with not enough balance across empathies?

I'm passionately curious. :)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I usually want to punch them. In the face.

Squarely.
Soundly.
And repeatedly for good measure.

(The fact that they are capable of pushing my buttons so well probably inadvertently encourages them. :frown:)

Except jenocyde. :hi: Either she's utterly fabulous, or the few I've gotten to know were wildly immature and imbalanced. Maybe both?

Add: To be accurate, I've known of one, maybe two INTPs that also managed to provoke the dormant Goddess of Destruction within. I've reached no conclusions on all of this yet, save to avoid people that annoy me. Voilà

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also the difference between entp-infj and intp-infj is really interesting to me. inferior Fe is one of the major hangups i have with other intps. two enneagram 5s make for occasionally brilliant conversations, when you get in the zone and are both 100% engaged and moving in a direction that you are both fully invested in, the ideas like emanating out are so powerfully developed, well-grasped, explored, etc.

but the goddamned inferior Fe and the oftentimes high neuroses, social anxiety, trust issues, and miserliness about all things can be fucking terrible.

infj-intp is either clicking, your mind is either being 100% blown, or you're kind of agitated with each other (conflicting expectations).

infj-entp is different in that no matter what, whether you accomplish anything or not, whether you are exploring something of extreme and all-encompassing (to your internal environment) iimportance, significance, etc, you are having fun. it's almost like pure imagination, and you are both aware enough of the situation to not step on each other's toes and probably pass the ball back and forth. it's very effortless and flowing in that sense, tho entps still have such a strong itch to go blank if you are not feeling frisky enough to keep their attention. infjs do too and thusly understand it very well, but it's like- seriously? i'm not a fucking esfj. don't give me that look. i'll smack you upside the head.

N feels like a playground. Ne and Ni are like yin yang. the chase is fun. pursuit. retreat. just spinning around and around again, but always new and different, with a different perspective.

walking around via spiderwebs gives a very different look for the city you thought you knew oh so well.

also, entps get in up close. they have a different scale for information. we are so distant, stepped back, seeing the whole, they are so into the details, so technically skilled (like flamboyantly so, goddamn innovation), so experienced with the texture of things and the ways in which they can be IMMEDIATELY changed, transformed, etc. for infj i often feel spontaneity is the biggest piece of the missing compliment. or for that underdeveloped extroversion. (with that said, it is occurring to me lately that looking for compliment and for finish is not a "relationship" only matter and that developing yourself and your myriad of social relationships will often accomplish more in this regard, you don't always have to be an sx/sp forever. that perfecting my own extroversion is more important to me than borrowing it from someone else. with that said, entp-infj interactions help in this regard (development! perspective!) a lot. enfps too.)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Squarely.
Soundly.

*bites iwakar then quickly covers face*

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Squarely.
Soundly.

(The fact that they are capable of pushing my buttons so well probably inadvertently encourages them. :frown:)

Except jenocyde. :hi: Either she's utterly fabulous, or the few I've gotten to know were wildly immature and imbalanced. Maybe both?

Add: To be accurate, I've known of one, maybe two INTPs that also managed to provoke the dormant Goddess of Destruction within. I've reached no conclusions on all of this yet, save to avoid people that annoy me. Voilà

:hug::hug::hug:

I'll hold 'em down for you while you clock 'em, hahaha!!!!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I had a stalker ENTP. It was kind of creepy, but mostly really annoying. I like ENTPs as long as they understand the boundaries that they need to work through, and how to do that in a timely and appropriate manner :D And by that, I mean they're fine as long as they don't touch and/or purposely annoy me.

Mature ENTPs are a hoot, I'll say that much :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not aggressive enough to be described as an attack dog ... that sounds more ENTJ-ish to me.

I'm not sure which animal I'd pick, but it would probably have less sharp teeth.

A jackal?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was thinking about inventing an INFJ detector: given them to be the most rarest type.

I am still looking for input how to programm it to react to. So far I got:

the subject is INFJ, if:

- prone to sudden irrational mood swings
- gets stressed out for no obvious reason in loud / noisy environments
- rearranges her furniture monthly
- had at least 5 stalker
- Never changes bad habits, even if promised otherwise
- Talks about immature ENTPs but never about immature ISTPs (which would be the otherside of the point of view on the matter :D)
- has a hard time saying nice things about people
- associates a mild rash on your arm, with a sexual disease or gen defect
- Laughs at you when you try to talk about your emotions your way, calling you a girl
- Can always drink another beer (no problem, I can take in ALOT !) and then you carry her home
- Doesnt drive according to traffic rules
- Does respect your car / property though
- Doesnt want to be caught in sensitive moments, which are especially easy to detect, when being entp :D
- Does like to kiss the cook
- Always forgets her keys
- Carries around a 30 lbs backpack, when going for a 5 minute trip to buy cigarettes
- Is the only one that hadnt noticed the whole block was evacuated, because of bomb alarm
- Talks alot about emotional barriers she has to overcome and advancing to new levels in a relationship and you just nod and smile, listen carefully and love her till the day you die
- Is a professional motor cycle driver and wants to fly a helicopter

... more input needed ! :D

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was thinking about inventing an INFJ detector: given them to be the most rarest type.

the subject is INFJ, if:

- prone to sudden irrational mood swings
- gets stressed out for no obvious reason in loud / noisy environments
- rearranges her furniture monthly
- had at least 5 stalker
- Never changes bad habits, even if promised otherwise
- Talks about immature ENTPs but never about immature ISTPs (which would be the otherside of the point of view on the matter :D)
- has a hard time saying nice things about people
- associates a mild rash on your arm, with a sexual disease or gen defect
- Laughs at you when you talk about your emotions your way, calling you a girl
- Can always drink another beer (no problem, I can take in ALOT !) and then you carry her home
- Doesnt drive according to traffic rules
- Does respect your car / property though
- Doesnt want to be caught in sensitive moments, which are especially easy to detect, when being entp :D
- Does like to kiss the cook
- Always forgets her keys
- Carries around a 30 lbs backpack, when going for a 5 minute trip to buy cigarettes
- Is the only one that hadnt noticed the whole block was evacuated, because of bomb alarm
- Talks alot about emotional barriers she has to overcome and advancing to new levels in a relationship and you just nod and smile, listen carefully and love her till the day you die
- Is a professional motor cycle driver and wants to fly a helicopter

You forgot:
- Runs away from large groups - especially if they don't know anyone there
- If forced into the large group by someone they know, they will attach themselves to that person for the entire night
- Constantly is living inside their head
- Consequently, they project the things things they've come up with inside their head onto reality, causing mass confusion and head scratching

... I just got to work and need to get some stuff done. More to come.

V

violaine

^If the above is the criteria many of us will still remain undetectable. :ninja: Excellent!

Squarely.
Soundly.

(The fact that they are capable of pushing my buttons so well probably inadvertently encourages them. :frown:)...

Lol, this is why ENTP men fall in love with INFJ women.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Originally Posted by iwakar

Squarely.
Soundly.

(The fact that they are capable of pushing my buttons so well probably inadvertently encourages them. )...

Lol, this is why ENTP men fall in love with INFJ women.

Ya I think the entp detector is easier to be built :D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
A jackal?

:laugh:

They aren't so much for groups, so maybe not.

Goat?

They have an intensely inquisitive and intelligent nature: they will explore anything new or unfamiliar in their surroundings.

Goats are extremely curious and intelligent. ... Goats will test fences, either intentionally or simply because they are handy to climb on. If any of the fencing can be spread, pushed over or down, or otherwise be overcome, the goats will escape. Being very intelligent, once a weakness in the fence has been exploited, it will be repeatedly exploited until they determine it can no longer be overcome.

Goats are very coordinated and can climb and hold their balance in the most precarious places.

Goats readily revert to the wild if given the opportunity.

Goats are extremely intelligent and curious. Goats are very often not given credit for being the smart and loving creatures they actually are. Goats are goats, and they think and act like goats, and no other animal, but if you are unfamiliar with goats and how they think, you could think of goats brains as working kind of like a dogs, except they don't have the "I must please humans" thing that dogs have.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

the subject is INFJ, if:

- prone to sudden irrational mood swings TRUE
- gets stressed out for no obvious reason in loud / noisy environments TRUE
- rearranges her furniture monthly FALSE, BUT I CAN SEE THE POSSIBILITY
- had at least 5 stalker TRUE :(
- Never changes bad habits, even if promised otherwise HAPPENS AS WE MATURE
- Talks about immature ENTPs but never about immature ISTPs (which would be the otherside of the point of view on the matter :D) I HAVE 1 ENTP BROTHER AND 1 ISTP BROTHER. YOU WANT POV AND STORIES? I GOT 'EM.
- has a hard time saying nice things about people FALSE, HAVE A HARD TIME SAYING NICE THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE THEY DON'T LIKE
- associates a mild rash on your arm, with a sexual disease or gen defect WHAT THE FUNK?!
- Laughs at you when you try to talk about your emotions your way, calling you a girl WHAT THE FUNK?!
- Can always drink another beer (no problem, I can take in ALOT !) and then you carry her home HEHE, MAYBE.
- Doesnt drive according to traffic rules FALSE... OKAY TRUE. I SPEED LIKE A DEMON
- Does respect your car / property though VERY TRUE
- Doesnt want to be caught in sensitive moments, which are especially easy to detect, when being entp :D :SIGH: TRUE
- Does like to kiss the cook YAY!
- Always forgets her keys OMG, HOW DID YOU KNOW?!
- Carries around a 30 lbs backpack, when going for a 5 minute trip to buy cigarettes :ninja:
- Is the only one that hadnt noticed the whole block was evacuated, because of bomb alarm :ninja:
- Talks alot about emotional barriers she has to overcome and advancing to new levels in a relationship and you just nod and smile, listen carefully and love her till the day you die :ninja:
- Is a professional motor cycle driver and wants to fly a helicopter OMG, YOU KNOW MY MOTORCYCLE DREAM!

:)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
- Talks about immature ENTPs but never about immature ISTPs (which would be the otherside of the point of view on the matter :D) I HAVE 1 ENTP BROTHER AND 1 ISTP BROTHER. YOU WANT POV AND STORIES? I GOT 'EM.

Please share with the rest of the class! :happy:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP/ISTP Brother's Shenanigans

Please share with the rest of the class! :happy:

The joys of memory lane.

I recall insults being slung by the ISTP along the lines of "Hyperactive Retard" towards the younger ENTP, and the younger ENTP hurling insults like "Lame Hermit."

The ISTP caught the garage on fire. Then tried to pretend he didn't. The ENTP got arrested at school for leaping into the girl's bathroom to take a pic and as it turns out, there was a girl in there in a state of undress, which landed him in cuffs. The ISTP scarred our little brother for life (literally) after he had the brilliant idea to tie my father's creeper board to the back of our Go-Kart with bungee card. It ended with both transports and both people flipped, and a thrilling ride to the hospital where little brother had to get his foot sewn back up.

3 of my 4 brothers stole a stop sign from the intersection behind our house and hurled it over the fence in our backyard to "hide" it. When my father went out back to mow the lawn a few days later... surprise punishments all 'round!

The ISTP got arrested for speeding, racing, open containers of alcohol, open containers of alcohol while doing both, arrested for stealing laptops and reselling them at a profit from the computer company he had received an internship at while in high school. Numerous warrants for his arrest. He also had a stalker girl 4 years his junior that used to hide outside his window in the bushes with bowls of macaroni and cheese. Everytime the bushes rustled, I called out a howdy as I passed. He strung her along cause she fed him and put out. He landed himself in a shrink's office for the theft and compulsive lying, then walked out with the doctor's computer filled with patient files because he convinced him he could repair it to my parent's horror and astonishment. (He could schmooze ANYONE.)

The ENTP once shaved his eyebrows off before school picture day "accidentally." (?!?) During a routine room cleaning my mother discovered a black rubber dildo the size of a jumbo cucumber in his closet and quietly put it back with fear in her eyes. The ENTP decided he wanted to join the Army shortly thereafter so he could "blow shit up." It was always his true calling methinks. Then it turns out it was people and he didn't like the job as much. (Regrettably, he's served two tours in Iraq and is anticipating a third in Afghanistan.) He got married to a crazy foreign girl from the D.R. after knowing and impregnating her within 3 months. (My nephew's great, but she uh...) The ENTP attempted to color his hair electric blue, but due to the limitations of bleach and his black hair it turned out diarrhea green and he was "sorta okay with that too." :boggle:

I could regale you with many other stories including their break-in at the sausage factory and the police hunt it started, but I'll save that for another day and an appropriate thread.

Sufficient BlahBlahNounBlah? ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hahahaha, n1

I always came with funny dresses aswell to school pics, but this wasnt on purpose, this was just lack of style :D.

I can understand some of your conceptions about the folks now :D.

I myself was completly different though. I was a more cautious kid and most of the times more in private with my things. Maybe growing up with an ISTP would have made me different (I am sure) :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Iwak - I LOVE your family!!!!

And yes, how we love to blow shit up... *sigh*

V

violaine

^Dear God, iwakar! That sure is the gamut of life. ROFL + *hugs hugs hugs*

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Dear God, iwakar! That sure is the gamut of life. ROFL + *hugs hugs hugs*

My four brothers are the best autobiographical/novel fodder an INFJ girl could dream of.