• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Keeping it short. Most of them are "assholes". Funny as hell, lovable huggable in the let's make everything fun and exciting sort of way but will still be insensitive and obnoxious when they're in the mood. One-up manship ought to have limits you know? ;)

Tell me you don't one-up people...just that you do it internally.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
...Does this mean the INFJ will be very expressive and throw themself into the relationship?

That sounds like heaven.

I'm a dreamer at heart. If the other person is willing to throw themselves into a relationship with their entire being, it makes me less fearful of doing it. To know that someone else reciprocates my feelings and even builds on them? Yeah ... pretty cool. :wubbie:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sounds like heaven.

I'm a dreamer at heart. If the other person is willing to throw themselves into a relationship with their entire being, it makes me less fearful of doing it. To know that someone else reciprocates my feelings and even builds on them? Yeah ... pretty cool. :wubbie:

Yeah it does sound like heaven.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Tell me you don't one-up people...just that you do it internally.

I don't one-up people just for the sake of doing it. If someone says something that's just flat-out wrong (especially if they say something about me that's flat-out wrong), I'll usually say so. But it's not because I'm trying to outdo them.

I value balance, and I think diplomacy and openness to others' perspectives is the best way to achieve that.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That sounds like heaven.

I am all or nothing
I can go from cold fish to firery martyr in seconds when my "intimates" are concerned - and i am so stubborn that i have it set in stone that i am going to help you get out of it or get into it

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe I'm being delusional, but I don't think I'm overwhelming. :huh:

I'm not even that talkative. Well, I am, but definitely not the way most of the extroverts I see are. Until I'm excited by something, I'm pretty quiet.

When I want to do something, however, I rarely hesitate before acting. Is that it?

I'm totally with you there. I don't think I'm overwhelming at all and I'm not talkative either until you mention one of the hundred or so things that I'm madly passionate about and encourage me to natter on. I do rush into things though.

That sounds like heaven.

Totally not with you there. In theory it sounds great, in practice it does not work for me. I'm an all or nothing person myself however if a guy throws themself into a relationship with me too quickly you're likely to discover the 'nothing' part. Emotions like love are scary because they can't be controlled, as such I need to ease into them so I can get used to it, I’m after a gradual depth of feeling that is balanced between my head and heart, not speed.

That is the one and only area that makes me question my suitability of an ENTP/INFJ relationship, even if we both fall hard and fast there needs to be continual growth of feeling, too much too soon makes me feel suffocated. If I think my partner has fallen too fast or is revealing too much emotion my thoughts would be that he doesn’t see the real me, he can’t because that takes time, so I’d see it as fake, more like infatuation and I'd worry that unless he slowed down he wouldn't get to know me.

marmandahalf

I think the INFJ/ENTP relationship being a flood or a desert is just an outworking of the ENTP attention span. I don't know about you guys, but I get intensely into the idea of something, then get bored quickly, then come back full force (maybe). And I know, cognitively, that people aren't ideas and need to be treated differently, but that's just how I interact with the world.

I don't know how INTJness interacts with this.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the INFJ/ENTP relationship being a flood or a desert is just an outworking of the ENTP attention span. I don't know about you guys, but I get intensely into the idea of something, then get bored quickly, then come back full force (maybe). And I know, cognitively, that people aren't ideas and need to be treated differently, but that's just how I interact with the world.

I don't know how INTJness interacts with this.

An INFJ and I have shown interest in each other for several months at least..the natural progression is slow because of an unhappy relationship...but I know why we're compatible..I think she knows we are, although not sure if she knows why..

The attraction is mutual. Although I will emote love and understanding to her and read 'desire' in her eyes looking at me. It's this shared base of foundation, yet it alternates across feelings and focus at differing times.

I hope she doesn't think I don't want her if I don't immediately show it. It's just that I love her because I know her and know why. She might not know me that well. (*has patience, lots*)

But that is the fun part...getting to know the other..then one can really show one's love when times get tough and understand, compassion, love, filling in to bridge across difficulties and make it really ideal.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You guys would make some interesting babies.

Slow it down there big fellow! We're going to spend A LOT of time trying to make them and this will be the one time you'll find two ENTPs alright with total failure!

...suggestion..maybe it's been less-considerate ones which have been the examples you witnessed...I mean, we are rare..so this might be.

I think I would be fine with an older ENTP that has gotten control of the NeTi and is in touch with their Fe but I'm not going to play INFJ in the relationship you know. I think I would have a hard time feeling secure with an ENTP because I know what we're capable of and how much work I've had to put into growth and self awareness to be a man I'm proud of.

I think someone should do ENTP / ENTP. Not it.

I'll give it a shot, nothing to lose and it'll be one hell of a fun and interesting ride!

haha. right! a bunch of little samocydes running around........

:hi::devil: :steam: :smoke: :party: :eek: :angry: :rock: :tongue10: :BangHead: :ng_mad: :yay: :dont: :ranting: :banana: :nono: :2up: :17425: :azdaja: :harhar: :2ar15: :yim_phbbbbt:​

:thumbup:

I love it! The name alone is such a sick contradiction it turns me on enough to wanna make some! Good thing I changed my name when I did!

Woah woah woah, I didn't sign up for any of that baby stuff... and plus, they would be jenvegas!!!

Come on Baby now I'm sorta liking this idea the way Aphrodite painted such a pretty picture! It'll be like our own little killing army of sensor eating monsters! And both names are cool, any way you slice it they should be the monsters everybody hates and only we can control!

Have the ENTPs taken over in here? Sorry I'll give myself a time out! And Jenocyde too, get your ass in time out!

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I used to be kind of in the dark, I guess you might say, about ENTPs. But after talking to some of the ENTPs on here I've realized they're really wonderful people. I have not met any ENTP's in real life, at least, not obvious ones.

ENTPs seem really compassionate and in touch with the feelings of others, especially for a thinking type. Is this true? I'm a really high feeling INFJ, I usually score in the 70's for feeling. That's the only issue, I'm afraid of spending too much time with "thinking" predominate types, because I'm really uncomfortable with theory and only thinking logically without taking feelings into account. I notice thinking types I've met like NTJ's and STJ's can make great friends but I have trouble getting close to them because we see too differently on too many things. Sorry if this offends anyone, I like every ENTP I've talked to. You guys are sweet.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I used to be kind of in the dark, I guess you might say, about ENTPs. But after talking to some of the ENTPs on here I've realized they're really wonderful people. I have not met any ENTP's in real life, at least, not obvious ones.

ENTPs seem really compassionate and in touch with the feelings of others, especially for a thinking type. Is this true? I'm a really high feeling INFJ, I usually score in the 70's for feeling. That's the only issue, I'm afraid of spending too much time with "thinking" predominate types, because I'm really uncomfortable with theory and only thinking logically without taking feelings into account. I notice thinking types I've met like NTJ's and STJ's can make great friends but I have trouble getting close to them because we see too differently on too many things. Sorry if this offends anyone, I like every ENTP I've talked to. You guys are sweet.

Thank you! :happy:

You're smelling our Fe.

(guffaw)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes. *not to speak for every ENTP

I feel in touch with the sensibilities and feelings of others especially with the elderly..It's like my heart goes to the outside of my chest around them...and I somehow flood with compassion whence around old, old people..I guess it's a value..and I have always expressed it with them. I feel the most subtle, unseen things towards or about elderly people..they don't even have to let me know..it's like I can feel their struggles. I often ask if they would like this or that to assist with whatever I feel they need. And they usually, almost always, do ask for my help..It's that feeling like you've always known each other..truly.

Also it creates a paradox inside my head...a choice..in no particular order, I get thoughts...I also have feelings. I blend them together. Sometimes this results in a mushy brain. So I rather choose my path and do it carefully.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes. *not to speak for every ENTP

I feel in touch with the sensibilities and feelings of others especially with the elderly..It's like my heart goes to the outside of my chest around them...and I somehow flood with compassion whence around old, old people..I guess it's a value..and I have always expressed it with them. I feel the most subtle, unseen things towards or about elderly people..they don't even have to let me know..it's like I can feel their struggles. I often ask if they would like this or that to assist with whatever I feel they need.

Also it creates a paradox inside my head...a choice..in no particular order, I get thoughts...I also have feelings. I blend them together. Sometimes this results in a mushy brain. So I rather choose my path and do it carefully.

+1

Feel free to count me in that club, too. I'm forever connected to the elderly and to small children. I respect all of life's lessons learned in the former and am so excited about the knowledge to be learned in the latter.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
^^^ Ditto.

I also have a tendency to get choked up when I see people making huge sacrifices for others. Or when I see someone struggling and struggling and struggling and finally making it through to the other side. Even thinking about it gives me a surge of emotion.

Or when I see people putting aside their differences and working together to achieve a goal that's greater than themselves.

And scars ... literal and metaphorical.

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
Damn right. With ENTPs, you see what you get, nothing more, nothing less.

If an ENTP loves you, you'll sure as hell know it. But if an ENTP hates you, I'd hate to be you.

One-up for ENTPs is about getting the facts straight and about calling someone out for being stupid/an asshole/wrong, and ENTPs will do that with anyone.

AN ENTP will tear you a new asshole if you deserve it, but is also compassionate and willing to ask "why" in trying to figure out the world's social ills. ENTJs, on the other hand, are the "my-way-or-the-highway" type people.

But if an ENTP is wrong and needs your forgivess, he'll also apologize. ENTPs, I would say, are like attack dogs. They can either be very loyal or they can bite you if they sense you deserve biting.

But unlike dogs, ENTPs don't NEED that much one-on-one attention in relationships. Recognition is desired, but the whole getting too much attention just takes away from an ENTP's sense of independence.

But damn! I love ENTPs. They're probably some of the most honest and loving (not to mention intelligent) people in the world.

ENTJs, however, are just alpha male assholes who have a problem admitting they're wrong.

I don't one-up people just for the sake of doing it. If someone says something that's just flat-out wrong (especially if they say something about me that's flat-out wrong), I'll usually say so. But it's not because I'm trying to outdo them.

I value balance, and I think diplomacy and openness to others' perspectives is the best way to achieve that.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
... ENTPs, I would say, are like attack dogs. They can either be very loyal or they can bite you if they sense you deserve biting. ...

I'm not aggressive enough to be described as an attack dog ... that sounds more ENTJ-ish to me.

I'm not sure which animal I'd pick, but it would probably have less sharp teeth.