User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    doesn't count, you're an INTJ. I just one-upped you.
    Yeah, we weren't asking *your* kind.

Now, back to the INFJ love.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I love them and I hate them that I love them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The below is a discussion between myself and a fellow INFJ about the upcoming new line of INFJ T-shirts, ENTPs came up in the convo....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Or something like a Frank Frazetta image...maybe...
    That one with the lightning turned into the letters INFJ. And the caption: "Well, someone's gotta save the world..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Maybe the shirt could have a knight fighting a dragon... With thorny vines and age-old broken statues littering the ground and LOTS of lightning.

*think heavy metal album cover art style*

Then on the knight's shield, it's got INFJ. And on the dragon's horn it's got ENTP.

Wait... one horn? So it's like a unicorn/dragon.
    INFJ Knight vs. ENTP UNICRAGON!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Awesome.

Somehow, I don't think an ENTP would be too opposed to being an Unicragon. Seems right up their alley of crazy-fun stuff to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Yeah, I actually was thinking about Trinity the whole time.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Yeah, we weren't asking *your* kind.

Now, back to the INFJ love.
    Funny how a type "label" changes everything.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

violaine

I know three irl including my SO.

I have really great relationships with the friends, both guys, though I've only ever been drawn to them as friends. But yeah, they are fun in a lighthearted turn-it-up-to-11 kind of way, lol. Great for others' morale, the ones I know are very generous in spirit and rather kind (after the initial bluntness, which is impossible to take offense to coming from them). Forgiving too. Love that about them but that has a lot to do with the way they were raised. I like that ENTP in general seem not to hold grudges. The ones I know have a lot of trouble with nuance and subtlety though and being that I am a creature of that, it can make relating a little for both of us. (But amusing all the same.)

I like 'em best for relating when they have their dial at 7 or 8; when they get to their upper limits I prefer to let them go fly free and come see me later. I love when we get deep into things. Very satisfying. Otherwise, it's fun waving them farewell as we both go off to do our own different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I think this is a pretty common feeling among INFJs in general when it comes to ENTPs.

You need to look at ENTP/INFJ as the other side to the same coin or the same pair of pants turned inside out. Exactly the same yet totally different.

For example, the ENTP will seem overwhelming yet the INFJ is actually more extroverted than the ENTP.

I could go on for a long time on this topic but I'm going to leave it at this. ENTPs mature VERY slowly, this is the issue. If your experience is with a young ENTP I doubt it will be a pleasant one. The ENTP won't have the self awareness to be balanced in the ways that would be beneficial/conducive to a healthy relationship with anybody often times including themselves.

Also, everything you have that allows you to read people so well will be useless with the ENTP, we're both a blind spot to the other and if you're not totally comfortable with yourself this will exploit the others insecurities.

You need to keep in mind, we're one letter off from the others shadow, this is why the magic can be there but also why things can go very poorly.

So there you have some of the issues I see with this dynamic and I'm sure most of the issues you INFJs will have will be directly related to younger ENTPs. For the record, I would run from a 25 year old ENTP too as we're unmanageable, flighty and don't have any control over the functions that will ultimately make us wonderfully deep, caring, loving and compassionate people.

I've only ever found that uncanny INFJ/ENTP dynamic with my SO so far. I don't feel I have an ENTP blind spot, (yes, that proves nothing), I feel more perplexed by ESTPs. Could be down to that I have always been genuinely perplexed/fascinated by my ESTP father.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Funny how a type "label" changes everything.
    The label was the excuse. You don't love us. That was the prob. If you had loved us, we would have embraced you and your INTJitude wholeheartedly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Nope. I have to physically stop myself with I'm having converations with people so it doesn't look like I'm not paying attention. I *am* listening- I'm just also people watching. And analyzing you. And thinking about my robot army. And wondering what's for lunch.
    Yeah for sure! People always think I'm not listening but then I repeat everything they said while explaining how we can fortify the location we're talking in the even of an alien attack!

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Great for others' morale, the ones I know are very generous in spirit and rather kind (after the initial bluntness, which is impossible to take offense to coming from them). Forgiving too. Love that about them but that has a lot to do with the way they were raised. I like that ENTP in general seem not to hold grudges. The ones I know have a lot of trouble with nuance and subtlety though and being that I am a creature of that, it can make relating a little for both of us. (But amusing all the same.)

I like 'em best for relating when they have their dial at 7 or 8; when they get to their upper limits I prefer to let them go fly free and come see me later. I love when we get deep into things. Very satisfying. Otherwise, it's fun waving them farewell as we both go off to do our own different things.
    Now come on, we don't freely share this stuff so knock it off! This isn't information we want others to know!

I think we're pretty low kay or at least I'm in the 4-5 range 80% of the time but 20% of the time I'm far too much to handle and bouncing off the walls fueled by some serious NeTi firing like mad.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    You're wonderfully weird.

The best support and advice I've ever gotten was from an ENTP.

Btw. do. your. eyeballs ever. hurt? Do your eyes ever stop scanning.
    Yeah, if we love you we're about the most loyal people you will ever meet.

Have you seen my furrow, you can always see when I'm really thinking about something by my furrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I love them and I hate them that I love them.
    Ah....lass, if love was easy, would that kind of truth in love hold an INFJ's (of all people) fancy?

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    Yeah, if we love you we're about the most loyal people you will ever meet.

Have you seen my furrow, you can always see when I'm really thinking about something by my furrow.
    Oh yeah, the ENTP furrow. Lol, is that a defining trait, ENTPs?