• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love both ENTPs and ENFPs, they seem very good at pulling me out of my shell and making me giddy for the whole day! :yes: :D :wubbie: I find it hard to start a conversation but get me with an ENP and I'll be yakking away!

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I mostly test as INFP but I have a fair amount of J in there. I'll just post my two cents worth anyway. :D

My mom is a definite ENTx. She's gotten P twice and J once. She is...whoa. She is a lot. She's always in her element. She's always willing. She's always right there, at your face, waiting to talk and/or listen. She's sometimes overwhelming for me, because it seems as if she's on constant "GO" (mentally, not physically). She despises being alone and has come off as needy/clingy to her friends and to me at times. She tries with everything in her to understand why I'm so different - (ie, Introverted iNtuitive Feeling) but she just cannot wrap her head around it. She's really quick to judge and really, really quick to write someone off. Overall, I love her to pieces but the only way I could fathom myself being in a romantic relationship with her type is if I suddenly turned into an extrovert, haha.

marmandahalf

Well, I mostly test as INFP but I have a fair amount of J in there. I'll just post my two cents worth anyway. :D

My mom is a definite ENTx. She's gotten P twice and J once. She is...whoa. She is a lot. She's always in her element. She's always willing. She's always right there, at your face, waiting to talk and/or listen. She's sometimes overwhelming for me, because it seems as if she's on constant "GO" (mentally, not physically). She despises being alone and has come off as needy/clingy to her friends and to me at times. She tries with everything in her to understand why I'm so different - (ie, Introverted iNtuitive Feeling) but she just cannot wrap her head around it. She's really quick to judge and really, really quick to write someone off. Overall, I love her to pieces but the only way I could fathom myself being in a romantic relationship with her type is if I suddenly turned into an extrovert, haha.

All it would take for you to date your mom is extroversion?

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
All it would take for you to date your mom is extroversion?

...I didn't say date my mom. I said date her type. And yes, it would take serious extroversion, among other things. Because I love and usually get along great with NTs. I have two INTP best friends and one INTJ bud. I think we would be able to keep up with each other better if either she was way more I or I was way more E.

Qre:us

^:laugh: marmandahalf

* besides, ENTPs, as extraverted intuitive perceivers, in theory, are known as one of the types to be least judgemental. And, we crave our autonomy/independence too much to always need people in our faces (or be in people's faces). Sometimes, ENTPs are called the most introverted extravert for this reason.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^:laugh: marmandahalf

* besides, ENTPs, as extraverted intuitive perceivers, in theory, are known as one of the types to be least judgemental. And, we crave our autonomy/independence too much to always need people in our faces (or be in people's faces). Sometimes, ENTPs are called the most introverted extravert for this reason.

As I said earlier "For example, the ENTP will seem overwhelming yet the INFJ is actually more extroverted than the ENTP."

It's a fact jack, you Fe burdened nut jobs are more extroverted than us. It goes (from least to most) INTP, INTJ, INFP, ENTP and then you get your turn at number 5.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
My INFJ dear friend who I am driving to visit next week told me on the phone...
(Things in parentheses were my thoughts!!)

He - "I'm going to have to cover corners aren't I? With pillows and towels."
Me - "How come?"
He - "These mediums, phone and internet, they filter you."
Me - "Are you afraid I'll break something?" (I'm not coffee. Being coffee for a day would be cool though. I would make a great cup of Columbian.)
He - "I think talking like this stops most of your ideas from coming out. I don't want you to get hurt from bouncing everywhere."
Me - "LET'S BUILD A BALL PEN IN YOUR HOUSE!!!" (A BALL PEN FORTIFIED AGAINST RAPTOR ATTACKS!!)
He - "Holy crap."

Take that however you would wish.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Take that however you would wish.

grownups.png

marmandahalf

I have sent repeated rabid fangirl emails to Randall Munroe, but he hasn't responded to any of them. I'm thinking of finding his house.

Also, if you don't know who Randall Munroe is and you've ever expressed appreciation for xkcd, you're a poser and we all hate you.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dammit! This thread is full of ENTPs telling INFJs why they should love us, I mean they should, that part isn't really debatable, but there's not nearly enough INFJs admitting that they do!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What did I tell you about the use of the royal us ? Hmm ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Same here Lauren, rather would bite my hand off !! :D

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same here Lauren, rather would bite my hand off !! :D

Or saw it off with a rusty, blunt machete.

(Wait. We're both talking about in the case of immature ENTPs, right?)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Overrated.
Noting that I'm not equating maturity with age, I would have to disagree. A mature ENTP is worth their weight in gold. Highly intelligent, inventive, good with Fe, and [somewhat] able to finish what they start.