User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I adore their enthusiasm and relentless curiosity, and, unless we've slowly become fixtures in one another's lives, I don't trust them with my emotions any further than I can throw them. Not because I think they're evil, but rather because I know several that are happy to perform emotional autopsies on friendships and situations without shedding a tear, because once they're curious about something, they go on autopilot. That's just the nature of their beast. :: A quality I wish I could possess, sometimes, but it does tend to send me scurrying around hiding my vulnerable feelings when they come to call.
    Emotional autopsies? Be more specific please.

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    I like them. Sometimes they seem a bit annoying with questioning things because I perceive it as simply causing chaos, but I like their wittiness. I also really enjoy how relaxed they can be; it sets a nice mood to things.
    On the other hand, people accepting things without question feels like being buried alive.

Oh yes, we are generally very relaxed and irresponsible.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Let me see if I can articulate what I've noticed accurately...

ENTPs are amazing innovators, and for that I really admire them. It's brilliant to see them go after an idea that fascinates them. That trait becomes a relational train wreck when their fascination with you or your problem or whatever causes you pain becomes their shiny new toy. All relational perspective can get lost, and before you know it, they can be up to their elbows in your emotional gore with a fantastic, buzzed look on their face...because while you're having the worst moment of your life, they're on cloud nine because of some weird realization or breakthrough. It's endearing (because I also like peope puzzles) and exasperating when I really just want to be validated.

Are you familiar with the character Dr Walter bishop from Fringe? Quintessential ENTP, imo. (and my favorite character on the show. )
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ENTP

Are you familiar with the character Dr Walter bishop from Fringe? Quintessential ENTP, imo. (and my favorite character on the show. )
    Never seen it. I don't watch much TV. Turned it on the other day and noticed they switched to digital TV signal rendering my tiny 13 inch TV useless.

I do download HBO shows, though.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

This is downloadable on Fox...bet you'd like it if you're into Sci-Fi, paranormal centered, science-y type shows. I like them. The characters are nice and complex.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Enneagram

I don't have experience with a lot of ENTPs, but the three I do know are dynamic and overwhelming to me sometimes. I enjoy the solution oriented driveness coupled with the logic. They were helpful in practical and theoretical terms. I value the interaction quite a bit. Above all, it was nice to not have censor every word that comes out of my mouth. I find the constant censoring exhausting and it's why I don't talk often.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

My last boyfriend was an ENTP and only because of outside influences did we go our separate ways. I found him to be charming, gregarious, incredibly intelligent and funny. He also was willing to examine what concerns I had and would follow-up to discuss it further. I loved the fact he was so knowledgable about so many topics and we explored many subjects together.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    I don't have experience with a lot of ENTPs, but the three I do know are dynamic and overwhelming to me sometimes. I enjoy the solution oriented driveness coupled with the logic. They were helpful in practical and theoretical terms. I value the interaction quite a bit. Above all, it was nice to not have censor every word that comes out of my mouth. I find the constant censoring exhausting and it's why I don't talk often.
    Feel free to speak your mind. Everyone should.

This is downloadable on Fox...bet you'd like it if you're into Sci-Fi, paranormal centered, science-y type shows. I like them. The characters are nice and complex.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    My last boyfriend was an ENTP and only because of outside influences did we go our separate ways. I found him to be charming, gregarious, incredibly intelligent and funny. He also was willing to examine what concerns I had and would follow-up to discuss it further. I loved the fact he was so knowledgable about so many topics and we explored many subjects together.
    Sounds mysterious!

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Feel free to speak your mind. Everyone should.
    Thanks. I get frustrated when I can't explain it all the first time. With the way things have been lately, I've been especially skewed all over the place. It just takes time lots of time.

Phantonym

Hmmm...ENTPs...ENTPs are...giggle-worthy.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hmmm...ENTPs...ENTPs are...giggle-worthy.
    hah, I'm glad I'm not the only one that giggles. rofl