User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Your first Enemy?

Who was your first enemy, how old were you, and why were you enemies? By enemy I don't mean someone you didn't like much. I mean Enemy.

My first Enemy: a red-haired kid in kindergarten. So I was probably about 6.

Reason: he had red hair. Bastard! Actually, I really can't remember if there was any other cause for hating him so much. I doubt it. And I did hate him. Oh how I hated him. HATE. And he hated me. It was glorious. Every passion since then has been tepid and hollow. As a result, I now find it impossible to separate my unreasoning prejudice against red-haired males from my hatred and utter detestation of that kid in kindergarten. I'm genuinely unsure which came first.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There was a scruffy little boy in my Vacation Bible School class that always stole my toys. Anything I picked up, he would come and take away. I was four. There was nothing I could do about it either. He just made me really frustrated and grumpy. I'm not able to feel hatred, though, so that is as close as I come. When someone is actually deserving of hatred from me, a switch flips, and I no longer feel anything towards them. I then see them as simply a problem that needs to be solved. There is no attachment of any kind. It's handy, but also makes me wonder if its suppressed or something.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INXP

...WHAT.

My first roommate in high school, 14. She was psychotic. She had a shrine to her father who comitted suicide in front of her in our room, and she'd dispose of (USED) condoms in my bed.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by meshou View Post
    ...WHAT. My first roommate in high school, 14. She was psychotic. She had a shrine to her father who comitted suicide in front of her in our room, and she'd dispose of (USED) condoms in my bed.
    Ick. Well, that's certainly attention you won't get from just anyone. No, that really sucks. Did she ever get any better? And did you go away for high school?

I don't remember ever really "hating" anyone. (Even the people I get angry with or mad at... well, that just drives me to understand them more. I dunno. It's like real "hatred" demands II be willing and able to "blind myself" to possibilities outside that narrow preconception of them, and I just cannot do it.)

But there are a few people I've extremely disliked.

One of them's on INTPc occassionally.

Another one might have been one of the popular kids who kept stealing my stuff in middle school and passing it around the class, and wasn't interested in stopping and wasn't conciliatory. It was the spite and hubris that made me dislike him so much, coupled with the refusal to change.

Oh yes, and Ann Coulter. I really don't like that bitch much at all. (Hmmm. Maybe I do hate someone after all... Naw.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Ape

My first enemy was a girl called Ruth who was a Jehovah's Witness. I must have been 15 at the time. She tried to turn all my friends against me and make my life hell. Evil cow.
    Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

The first kid that was my enemy was this girl in kindergarten. Can't even remember her name, but she was eeeeviillll. I had to sit at a table with her and she would harrass me all the time. Then when the teacher wasnt looking she would tell me she was going to bring an axe to school and cut my fingers off. She always teased me and threatened me. So yeah I hated her a lot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Tony Smodilla. He and the other "rich kids" at the school I was bussed to used to tease me mercilessly. I hated them all, but I must have hated him the most because I can still remember his name. I still remember his little weasel face, too.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 02:20 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Tony Smodilla. He and the other "rich kids" at the school I was bussed to used to tease me mercilessly. I hated them all, but I must have hated him the most because I can still remember his name. I still remember his little weasel face, too.
    Tony Smodilla.

Yes, I hated that little weasel-faced bastard too. <spit in disgust>
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I guess I wonder if having Enemies is an NF trait.
    having enemies, not, being bothered by it, maybe
    INTP/5w4 sx