• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and insults?

Qre:us

Y'all need to get yourselves some ENTPs. To learn to channel witty one-liners and insults with someone who will most likely NOT take offense, but, find you more endearing (and with increasing respect) with each verbal spit-fire round. ENTPs as your therapeutic punching bag. :devil:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I can insult and hurt people if i want to. I won't do it in the normal "you are ugly" way though, I can sense weakness and exploit it.

I don't do it because I don't like hurting people.

I can be a real asshole if I choose, but it's against my nature.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am extremely creative and harsh with my insults, the kind that really dig into your soul and make your heart say "ow," and I'm very good at coming up with them on the fly.
I can use them playfully, or hurtfully, both with extreme effect.

Any shit about NFs not being good with insults is a myth.
I put both of my ENTP friends to shame, no contest.

I can insult and hurt people if i want to. I won't do it in the normal "you are ugly" way though, I can sense weakness and exploit it.

I don't do it because I don't like hurting people.
Ditto on every count.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Y'all need to get yourselves some ENTPs. To learn to channel witty one-liners and insults with someone who will most likely NOT take offense, but, find you more endearing (and with increasing respect) with each verbal spit-fire round. ENTPs as your therapeutic punching bag.

I don't want to speak for anyone else but for me, being able to insult without thought to the emotional consequences for the other person is not a trait I desire or am looking to acquire. I restrain myself from doing exactly that, deliberately. The purpose of restraint is not only to be kind to the other person but about being true to oneself. It's about being able to sleep at night knowing you did right by most people. It's important to me.

On the subject of therapeutic punching bags, I appreciate the ENTPs in my life for that purpose (not taking offense easily if at all). They are such good boxing buddies. What they don't understand though is that choosing not to do something is not the same as not being able to do it. This applies to debates where I won't belabor a point because trying to convince you of something where I feel convincing should not be necessary or desirable is not the same as not being able to do it.

Lastly, we're not looking to shame you, we're looking to kill you with kindness. Beware.

I don't want to speak for anyone else but for me, being able to insult without thought to the emotional consequences for the other person is not a trait I desire or am looking to acquire. I restrain myself from doing exactly that, deliberately. The purpose of restraint is not only to be kind to the other person but about being true to oneself. It's about being able to sleep at night knowing you did right by most people. It's important to me. On the subject of therapeutic punching bags, I appreciate the ENTPs in my life for that purpose (not taking offense easily if at all).

Heh...that post was actually quite tongue-in-cheek, with a little bit of brattish one-upmanship thrown in (you can't insult as well as ENTPs...:harhar:). Not a word was serious....very few things in life does an ENTP take seriously. Such that when an ENTP gives worth to something as serious...it's of utmost importance.

My intentions are my truth to myself.

For my personal life experience, if I do with an intent to hurt, out of malice, to someone who doesn't deserve it, then I also couldn't sleep at night. And, I won't sleep until I've set it right again.
However, I'm strange in that I think come-backs is a verbal art form. And, I love playing with it. Very rarely is it personal. IN RL, I'm good at picking up when I offend, and I tell them my above motivation. But, if I do it on purpose...then, if I feel remorse later because the other truly didn't deserve it, I apologize, otherwise, it done did its job. And, it helps me sleep even BETTER at night, cuz the fucker deserved it! :D

They are such good boxing buddies. What they don't understand though is that choosing not to do something is not the same as not being able to do it.

For me, if someone chooses not to, then it's perfectly fine if they don't start, at all. But, if one begins and enters the ring to play, meaning I have thus also invested my time and energy....it's quite annoying, when they, half way, go, 'nah, don't want to'. I don't like half-assedness. Balls out, otherwise, keep yourself firmly tucked in.

Lastly, we're not looking to shame you, we're looking to kill you with kindness. Beware.

I'll lie open and willing. :wubbie:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, with all the apologizing? lol

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've explained repeatedly when I apologize I'm not apologizing its just filler.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'll lie open and willing.

Damn your ENTP charm - it really does suck that you guys are good at both arming and disarming remarks. I tend to focus my attentions on the latter.

On the above, I absolutely recognized the brattiness - isn't that what we NFs are good at, intuiting motivations? I just wanted to push some buttons too - making a point.

For me, if someone chooses not to, then it's perfectly fine if they don't start, at all. But, if one begins and enters the ring to play, meaning I have thus also invested my time and energy....it's quite annoying, when they, half way, go, 'nah, don't want to'. I don't like half-assedness. Balls out, otherwise, keep yourself firmly tucked in.

Fair played mate.

Damn your ENTP charm - it really does suck that you guys are good at both arming and disarming remarks. I tend to focus my attentions on the latter.

I'm sure your sanity is ever grateful. :D

On the above, I absolutely recognized the brattiness - isn't that what we NFs are good at, intuiting motivations? I just wanted to push some buttons too - making a point.

Fair enough, and with NFs, sometimes I feel like I just willingly walked myself to the doghouse, and must, then, smoothen out exactly what I meant. You guys are like some kind of NT-albino. Over-exposure stings you faster than my fellow asses NTs.

Fair played mate.
Thanks, and contrary to what that analogy may suggest...I'm a girl. :smile:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You guys are like some kind of NT-albino. Over-exposure stings you faster than my fellow asses NTs.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ *Love* the analogy.

Thanks, and contrary to what that analogy may suggest...I'm a girl.
Me too (in more ways than I'd like to admit). That's never stopped me from using the phrase. Just for you though, fair played, dame (I can just tell).

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you guys think/feel when you try to insult someone (for some reason) and you fail in that.

Something tells me that you don't take this too well from the inside. Especially if there is no observable reaction.

If it's someone I know in any depth at all and I intentionally insult them, they will feel it.

I don't like that and if I can walk away, I will, but if I can't walk away, well ... you asked for it.

I feel the same as prplchknz. I don't care to insult you and I don't like to fight so I'd just as soon kill you and get it over with.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ENXP: Indecision or Adaptibility

Btw, I see that you may be one of us? ENXP? Join the dark side.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But the fence offers my ass more comfort to keep

:ninja:

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Im pretty good at insulting others. Its a "personal hobby" you could say.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
O no. I get so tickled with myself when I CAN think of something on the spot. I'm normally the "O DAMN I could've said THIS or I should've said THAT" type.