User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I love banter... sadly, too many people have been offended by it when I'm only being playful, so I've learned to suppress it.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ah, the only time I insult someone is when it's intended as playful banter.
    If someone's gotten under my skin, I either address the issue constructively or ignore them altogether [also constructive ]. Hitting back verbally when my feelings have been smacked around solves nothing. I can't find any vindication in actually being hurtful.

Anywho.. yeah, I love being sarcastic with my friends for fun, but I'm not that adept, and on the rare occasions I am, I can't maintain it for long.
    Damn my intrinsically kind nature.
    Ruins my fun. :steam:
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Man, I can be kind of a bitch. I can be really warm and empathetic like ENFPs are usually described but I can just as often go cold Ne and call bullshit. I've called bullshit on peoples' feelings before. An INFP recently told me that this is a thing you shouldn't do.

I am good at playful banter but if I'm in a bad mood it can turn into subtle cutting remarks that will bug you later. This is a source of much guilt for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

So, here's a related question that may or may not shed light on the topic also. Don Rickles: funny or not? For me, his "comedy" is decidedly unfunny and I don't see why anyone would laugh at it. If verbal abuse is funny, why not physical abuse? Why not beat the tar out of someone on stage and call it stand-up comedy?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Man I've called bullshit on peoples' feelings before. An INFP recently told me that this is a thing you shouldn't do.
    It all depends on the details and the relationship to the person in question. I can't stand people who won't stand up to bullshit from others. I am not exactly sure what you mean by "bullshit on other's feelings" though.

Haha, y'all are ridiculous.
    No really, enjoying the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    So, here's a related question that may or may not shed light on the topic also. Don Rickles: funny or not? For me, his "comedy" is decidedly unfunny and I don't see why anyone would laugh at it. If verbal abuse is funny, why not physical abuse? Why not beat the tar out of someone on stage and call it stand-up comedy?
    Hm..now see, I completely understand where you're coming from and I see your point, I do. But, my reasoning and rationing for laughing and enjoying him would be because thinking it's sincere abuse could be a bit extreme. And if I'm going to react extremely to one subject, why not be that sensitive on others? I guess because I'm notorious for being that way and for being so "all-or-nothing" and over extreme on one subject and indifferent on another, I try extremely hard to keep my reasonings and feelings level and steady.

Honestly, what offends me the most about comedy is the brash, stupid stand up acts that are streaming with cursing. I mean, I do curse and I'm not a saint or anything, but I would like to be able to listen to one or two sentences without hearing "bleeeeep, bleeeep bleeep, BLEEP". It's just so frustrating in my opinion. I enjoy witty, sarcastic and dry humor much better and that sort of humor is what I am best at.

{/ramble}
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It all depends on the details and the relationship to the person in question. I can't stand people who won't stand up to bullshit from others. I am not exactly sure what you mean by "bullshit on other's feelings" though.
    If I feel someone is expressing emotion to a manipulative end I will often tell them their feelings are fake. "You're not actually depressed, you're just looking for attention and I won't give it to you so either stop crying or get the fuck out of my house."

I have been told this is not a thing to say to a crying person whether it's true or not. If I smell bullshit I'm going to call it. I don't care if it hurts someone's feelings. The way they react usually confirms my statement, anyway.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

Now what. Whatcha gonna do?

Laugh. at what a little child you are. It's cute and annoying, like children always are.
    LOOK AT MY SHINY RED TRUCK! IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS! BECAUSE I SAID SO.

ahhh. So cute. Now go away. The adults want to talk.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Laugh. at what a little child you are. It's cute and annoying, like children always are.
    LOOK AT MY SHINY RED TRUCK! IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS! BECAUSE I SAID SO.

ahhh. So cute. Now go away. The adults want to talk.
    You can't make me! Nyah!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

but what about joking around insults? and is it just "happy happy happy" and then long silence and explosion of insults? it's nice that you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but what do you do before it gets to the point that you do?