Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have moments where the comebacks will flow easily...and other times where I just call people on their meanness. Usually it comes down to how playful it is. If someone is being just plain nasty, I prefer to take the high route and not give into their game. I may also get ruffled enough to not be able to think of anything, so that works best for me anyway.

As for insults, I can push buttons and get very mean, but you have to really push me to get there. Ultimately, I don't like to make people feel bad, and I avoid humor that is based around insults.

All that said, I tend to inadvertently insult/offend people when I have no intention to.
    I'm good at putting my foot in my mouth
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Having insults isn't really the problem, but being insulting is... I could be insulting if I wanted to but I'd know it's being mean. So I'd only be doing it if I really didn't like the person and wanted to hurt them... and I dunno, but I guess it's in an NFs nature to like most people, and avoid hurting others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

You guys suck.
    Yeah, I said it.
    Now what. Whatcha gonna do?
    Watch you dance like a monkey to push our buttons and fail to do so. It is oh so entertaining.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have moments where the comebacks will flow easily...
    ^o^
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

Anyway...

I have moments where the comebacks will flow easily...and other times where I just call people on their meanness. Usually it comes down to how playful it is. If someone is being just plain nasty, I prefer to take the high route and not give into their game. I may also get ruffled enough to not be able to think of anything, so that works best for me anyway.

As for insults, I can push buttons and get very mean, but you have to really push me to get there. Ultimately, I don't like to make people feel bad, and I avoid humor that is based around insults.
    Yeah. For me it all depends on who is insulting/I'm insulting. If it's someone who I don't feel intimidated by and who I feel is all smack and no action, then I'm quite comfortable spewing out whatever angry glob of words happen to come. But I regret it nine times out of ten. As someone else said, witty repartee is much easier for me than actual, mean insults.

All that said, I tend to inadvertently insult/offend people when I have no intention to.
    I'm good at putting my foot in my mouth
    Yep, this is extremely true in my case - more so to family members and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Good at witty repartee, most certainly.

Trash talk, on the other hand, is an entirely different ballgame and a very fun one.
    I understand where most of you are coming from. I can usually come up with several amazingly witty comebacks and repartee as well...but it's usually two days too late. It's very frustrating. I've had an ESTP throw out some brash insult, and I just stood there frozen until two days later when suddenly POP! a brilliant, classy yet extremely witty reply came to me. :rolli:
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

This.

I'm not a cruel person. I have a hard time understanding out-and-out cruelty. I like a good joke as well as the next person but I'm not going to rip out someone's beating heart with my bare hands. At least not on purpose.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

What do you guys think/feel when you try to insult someone (for some reason) and you fail in that.

Something tells me that you don't take this too well from the inside. Especially if there is no observable reaction.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I can insult and hurt people if i want to. I won't do it in the normal "you are ugly" way though, I can sense weakness and exploit it.

I don't do it because I don't like hurting people.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

not as much as your mom did LAST NIGHT

...just proving a point.

also, i could just go on and on about people's weaknesses that i notice around them and pretty much embarrass them constantly.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes