• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's supposedly hate conflict, yet...

DaMilkyWay<3

MBTI Type
enxp
Enneagram
NF's can at times create conflict by being too emotional or they can get passive aggressive by trying to avoid the conflict while in fact also contributing to it in a roundabout sort of way. Also NF's may be backstabbing because they dont like to confront so they can be hypocritical and fake

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I normally try to work things out in a civil manner....but when that doesnt work out, sh*t gets crazy lol.

DaMilkyWay<3

MBTI Type
enxp
Enneagram
NF's can at times create conflict by being too emotional :cry:or they can get passive aggressive by trying to avoid the conflict while in fact also contributing to it in a roundabout sort of way. Also NF's may be backstabbing because they dont like to confront so they can be hypocritical and fake and try to bring someone down rather than confronting them and getting their needs met.

You cant get your needs met if you don't ask for it. Also people wont respect you just because you are nice. Nice doesn't mean shit in this world so get over it. As long as you respect everybody you'll be fine. You don't have to be nice to everyone.:yes: Not everyone deserves for you to be nice to them but everyone deserves respect. Also if you are always worrying about being nice how do you expect people to respect you if they dont even know where you stand on an issue. By not speaking up and avoiding conflict it makes things worse..

A

A window to the soul

NF's can at times create conflict by being too emotional or they can get passive aggressive by trying to avoid the conflict while in fact also contributing to it in a roundabout sort of way. Also NF's may be backstabbing because they dont like to confront so they can be hypocritical and fake

...:huh: I'm careful not to do this to people I care about. That's the truth.
Backstabbing does not describe me.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NF's can at times create conflict by being too emotional :cry:or they can get passive aggressive by trying to avoid the conflict while in fact also contributing to it in a roundabout sort of way. Also NF's may be backstabbing because they dont like to confront so they can be hypocritical and fake and try to bring someone down rather than confronting them and getting their needs met.

You cant get your needs met if you don't ask for it. Also people wont respect you just because you are nice. Nice doesn't mean shit in this world so get over it. As long as you respect everybody you'll be fine. You don't have to be nice to everyone.:yes: Not everyone deserves for you to be nice to them but everyone deserves respect. Also if you are always worrying about being nice how do you expect people to respect you if they dont even know where you stand on an issue. By not speaking up and avoiding conflict it makes things worse..

your so right....

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Speak for yourself.

I totally am :) I need to take their advice. Being in a leadership position at work is hard for me sometimes, ive gotten into it with people because of the way I approach things. I need to be more direct and not tip toe all the time.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're better off with a NT enemy than a NF enemy, in my opinion.

-tremble-

H

Hate

Sounds like ur projecting... that's the biggest sweeping generalization I've ever heard.

your so right....

:doh:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
The reason I hate conflict is because it almost always gets real ugly. What does type have to do with it?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
To me, it seems like it has a lot to do with neuroticism, which is dominated, at least on this board, by NFs (judging from the FFM tests that were posted... )

(NF) -> (Female dominance) -> (Neurotic) -> Conflict

No proof though, but the conflict seems far less NF driven and far more "sensitive" and "reactionary".

Have you been over to the NT Rationale Forum? :doh: Here's my review of the INTJ Intimidation Thread.

I don't think that it's that NFs have more conflict. I think that there is a very specific flavor to the conflict they have. At its worst it has histrionic undertones. Sort of like NT conflict (and in the case above specifically INTJ conflict) has undertones of intellectual arrogance.

We're all equally idiotic. The best we can hope for is to be aware of our own idiocy and try to compensate for it. :smile:

soft

MBTI Type
infp
um. i avoid conflict pretty much at all costs. on the rare occassion that i actually have an argument with someone, i'm usually the first to apologize. actually the only friend of mine that causes a lot of conflict is a sensor (ESFP.. though he could be ENFP, so idk really)

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Conflicts tend to be more common among Sensors than intuitors because they often dont see the big picture and end up quibbling over minor discrepancies. NFs, being the most diplomatic tend to fair best at avoiding conflicts. They, especially INFPs, are very keenly aware of what is worth fighting for. So when they decide to fight, they fight big and stand out, and because they stand out so much, it begins to appear that by their nature they have a lot to do with conflict.

I dont know if thats exactly true, the Sensors I know dont seek trouble the same way intuitive do with neurotic over-thinking of everything. They also seem happier.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I avoid conflict at all costs.

I only stand up for something or someone when I'm 100% and because I am also very indecisive this almost never happens. ALMOST.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Its true, I hate conflict. It is going to happen, and sometimes its necessary. I got chewed out for setting up a hydrant wrong. and then about 3 months later I had to do the same thing to someone else who set it wrong. I hated to do it but you can just walk up and be like. "umm excuse me if you could please wrap the hose the other way?". NFs, I think, see the world and know how they "should" be and interact, but most cant. and then we beat our selfs up on the inside...maybe...but what do I know :D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If you know that conflict is inevitable why do you avoid it so passionatly (this is to anyone who hates conflict)? You don't have to seek it, but to hold disdain for a natural process seems senseless.

JediZenMasterFlash

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
its not really a choice, its reflexive

you know what really gets under my skin?
Petty conflicts, like conflicts over drinking all the milk and similar situations