User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by denial View Post
    I realize that the INFPs reading this may be growing angrier by the sentence. I apologize for this. Please understand that I'm hyper-sensitive (as I think most INFs are) to 'bullshit questions' -- questions that are simply vulgar, cowardly attempts to make statements (i.e. asking "why can't people be nicer" really means: "people aren't as nice as me.").
    I've read your posts a half dozen times. I've thought it out and I come only to one conclusion;

It's the interaction between you and them. There is a heavy lacing of your own interpretation, irritation and condemnation in your posts that are directed towards a particular type of behaviour. You rank yourself as sensitive to what you believe they show. The examples you give are personally irritating, whereas I would easily be described the same way, at least until you escalate it into an all out drama-fest... how did you say...? "workplace destruction", right. I don't know if you are a manager, or you are simply on the side of it and are passing judgment, either way, there is some form of interaction going on that makes this more than just "INFP"s.

You won't be able to understand what you describe on its own because it simply does not apply to the INFP mindset. Either the people you describe are not INFPs, the ones you have dealt with are seriously unhealthy, or it is your interaction with them that has created this problem.

If you have met more than 4-5 without any infps being unlike this, I'm assuming you are working from a pool of people greater than a 100, which means I believe they are either not INFPs or it is your interpretation or your interaction which has caused this issue.

(edit: And no offense intended, but observing your reactions to the INFPs here, and to a lack of direct answers, I'd be placing my money on your interaction style with them.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've actually dealt with shitty work environments and yes I have manipulated my boss at one job - I did it for survival purposes. Moaning and groaning? Na, I took it to the people who weren't doing their damn jobs and telling them what they were doing wrong and a few possible ways do remedy it. Sadly it took my brother and another new person to really show them what can be done in a busy night in stead of sitting on their asses doing nothing but flap their gums.

Yeah, I kinda took it personal; especially when the laziness of 6 other people was threatening my job security. All that while I was the one cleaning up after them and their fuck-ups. Mind you, one of the owners of the place did come down on my boss for being a dick to me as well. How to tell my boss got dragged over the coals or needs something from me: him being congenial to me.

What's even more entertaining? After I quit I left my brother in charge of what I was doing - he didn't get as big a whip as I did. Eventually he got fired for making the decision to replace a critical function at the cost of making something look pretty. At the same time their last person who did the job also quit to go to school. I laughed my ass off when I got the news; serves the jerk offs right. Hope that boss I had is enjoying the job.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

pt is right...really, all types can act in the way you've described - which isn't very clear, by the way. This does not seem like healthy behaviour that any type would exhibit; neither does it seem like any specific type would be more prone to this kind of behaviour while unhealthy (well maybe NT's are a teensy bit less likely to do that kind of stuff but they can certainly be pessimistic).

Most people don't get "brought down"/"poisoned" that easily by this behaviour. It is probably the very environment that is getting to people in the first place.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Most people don't get "brought down"/"poisoned" that easily by this behaviour. It is probably the very environment that is getting to people in the first place.
    Word.

MBTI
    INFP

To the OP: what field do you work in?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some examples of what is being described would be useful, the first post isn't really specific in describing what the person is doing, an could be interpereted in a lot of ways.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post
    what field do you work in?
    Complaints?

Like everyone else, I'm questioning how you typed them as INFPs. I'd be a little surprised if you gave them all the test, so what makes you think they're all INFPs? I'm curious.

Like others have said, your description of the work environment and the behavior of these characters leaves a lot to the imagination.

Speaking as an INFP, I've never behaved as you describe, not even remotely. In fact, whatever job I've had I've always made the best of, and I'd rather be surrounded by employees who didn't hate their job, especially if I was stuck there.

I think most people make the best of their jobs because it keeps money in their pockets. A lot of people are stuck until they find a better job, so they have to plug along. In a lot of cases it may be only after they quit that they see the job for what it really was, because it's easier to deal with a situation that you're stuck in if you make the best of it.

To me, the behavior you're talking about is something I've never even experienced, in me, other INFPs, or anyone else. It sounds almost sociopathic. Why would anyone want their coworkers, especially their /new/ coworkers whom they'd just met, to be miserable at work?

Have you given thought to the enneagram types of these individuals?

I'm also curious what type of work you're in.

MBTI
    INFP

Speaking as someone who types as INFP, I can't say I identify with anything in the initial post, even from those times I have worked in a negative environment.

That said, the behaviors described are quite similar to the behavior of individuals who have been bullied in the workplace. Fits Occam's Razor too.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    On the other hand, I consider it typically INFJ of you to get so worked up about it and want to control it.
    I feel frustrated when people relate to others based on generalizations of type.

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I'm interested in hearing from other board members and other personality types whether they think disgruntled INFPs are noticeably and consistently more toxic in the workplace than disgruntled workers of other types.
    No.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin