User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infj

Default Please...wait.

Ok. There's a growing misunderstanding here. I'm going to blame SEO Consultants.

DAMN YOU, SEO CONSULTANTS.

The thing is: I'm not looking for a solution to this. This is not an ongoing, current situation.

Other things:

- We're not talking everyday unhappiness or mere pessimism. We're talking something that is a campaign of workplace destruction -- one that doesn't only affect the people around the INFP, but of course, the INFP, too. In fact, in the few situations I've seen this (the "few-ness" is what inspired this post), I'll easily bet that the INFP suffered much worse than anyone else (though they took people down with them).

What I'm asking for -- and maybe this is the root problem; that I'm asking this and it can't be asked -- is for a new perspective on this; what it looks like, or might look like, from the inside.

Maybe there isn't anything that type can say about this. If so, that's fine. This is a forum after all -- I'm not writing a book on it or anything.

I have seen a few -- not a million, but a few -- INFPs react this way (as described in my first post) to what they perceive to be a negative work situation. If possible, I'd just like to know, perhaps from an INFP, what this may look like from the inside.

I once read a note about Enneagram 7's (the ones) that went something like "when we're waving our arms in the air, we're not always inspired or joyous, but frantically waiving for help." This was written by an Enneagram 7 and it shattered my sloppy, lazy awareness of Enneagram 7s. I was grateful for that.

I guess I'm hoping for something similar here.

Damn SEO Consultants. :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Quite a few have. Many work environments use it for their employees, which is why I'm asking. There is a considerable bias towards mistyping people relative to the formal testing.

Also, since INFPs are vastly unrepresented in the workforce, being able to build a pattern seems highly suspect right off the bat - doubly so with another NF saying so. In a company that had about 120 odd employees tested, there were 0 INFPs... and this was not statistically unusual (the bias here, however, was that the departments tested were technical and operational, which is even less likely to have INFPs. But even in the areas where Fs are more present, like teaching, nursing and training, INFPs are very rare).
    Yes, have heard of businesses using such test to their employees.
    It stuck me too the whole: “INFPs are…”, but, except that, denial, I am not trying to be cleverish or something here: I really don’t understand how other people’s performance and attitude in their job affects you. I guess it depends on the kind of job you are doing, but still…

EDIT: oh, you answered while I was writting this post and I haven't read your answer. I suggest you ignore this post, if you 're already answering my question. I 'm going to read your post now and come back

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Quite a few have. Many work environments use it for their employees, which is why I'm asking. There is a considerable bias towards mistyping people relative to the formal testing.

Also, since INFPs are vastly unrepresented in the workforce, being able to build a pattern seems highly suspect right off the bat - doubly so with another NF saying so. In a company that had about 120 odd employees tested, there were 0 INFPs... and this was not statistically unusual (the bias here, however, was that the departments tested were technical and operational, which is even less likely to have INFPs. But even in the areas where Fs are more present, like teaching, nursing and training, INFPs are very rare).
    I've run into a few in the workplace. But I'm in an INFP-friendly field (languages and translation), and I deal with lots of contractors (which may be an attractive arrangement for INFPs).

Since my wife and I are both INFPs, I probably spot INFPs quicker and watch them closer than other types. Even if there aren't a lot of them right in front of me at any given time, still the total number of encounters starts to add up across 13 or 14 years in the field.

They're out there somewhere.
    Last edited by RDF; 09-03-2007 at 08:46 PM.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by denial View Post
    Ok. There's a growing misunderstanding here. I'm going to blame SEO Consultants.

DAMN YOU, SEO CONSULTANTS.

The thing is: I'm not looking for a solution to this. This is not an ongoing, current situation.

Other things:

- We're not talking everyday unhappiness or mere pessimism. We're talking something that is a campaign of workplace destruction -- one that doesn't only affect the people around the INFP, but of course, the INFP, too. In fact, in the few situations I've seen this (the "few-ness" is what inspired this post), I'll easily bet that the INFP suffered much worse than anyone else (though they took people down with them).

What I'm asking for -- and maybe this is the root problem; that I'm asking this and it can't be asked -- is for a new perspective on this; what it looks like, or might look like, from the inside.

Maybe there isn't anything that type can say about this. If so, that's fine. This is a forum after all -- I'm not writing a book on it or anything.

I have seen a few -- not a million, but a few -- INFPs react this way (as described in my first post) to what they perceive to be a negative work situation. If possible, I'd just like to know, perhaps from an INFP, what this may look like from the inside.

I once read a note about Enneagram 7's (the ones) that went something like "when we're waving our arms in the air, we're not always inspired or joyous, but frantically waiving for help." This was written by an Enneagram 7 and it shattered my sloppy, lazy awareness of Enneagram 7s. I was grateful for that.

I guess I'm hoping for something similar here.

Damn SEO Consultants. :steam:
    If you just want a subjective, personal impression from INFPs of what it's like for them to hate their job, then you may want to take your question to the INFP-gc message board. You'll get an earful there.

MBTI
    infj

Default er...

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    If you just want a subjective, personal impression from INFPs of what it's like for them to hate their job, then you may want to take your question to the INFP-gc message board. You'll get an earful there.
    I'll stick with my diet pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by denial View Post
    I guess I'm hoping for something similar here...
    Ah, ok, now I understand: you want INFPs to identify themselves with your characterisation, agree you are right and that indeed they are producing a negative I-dont-know-what, and, hopefully, apologise, even better if in a humorous way.
    Sounds fair

MBTI
    infj

Default Gotcha.

Thanks, your glib and ultra-defensive response is much more insightful than you realize. Appreciated. Keep up the bitterness

Well, I am not an INFP, but if you found some insigh, good for you

MBTI
    infj

No, I didn't think you were an INFP at all. I figured you were just some damaged person who is reacting to a touched nerve and figures that this is as good a place as any to vomit. My next guess is that you do this all the time and wonder why people don't think you're an oracle.

MBTI
    INTJ

Can you explain how you got to type the infp? Any specific method?
    What about all the other co-workers's types?
    Also, how you know you are an infj?