User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Touchiness

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    There's this girl that likes to give me hugs.
    The other day she told me it was because she likes to see me get all awkward.

I felt taken advantage of...
    I have always been the nerdy type and it was so wierd when I saw someone stiffen up just talking to me. I am not the type to reach out and touch someone(in a friendly way), but I like touch and will not turn down a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Kross -- being groped is NEVER cool. There's a reason why you don't like it. It's an invasion of even the most basic rules of personal space. As a mechanic, I had to deal with such garbage on occasion, when someone was stupid enough to actually grab me. At one point, some guy had grabbed me in a, shall we say, very suggestive hold and wouldn't let me go. I was furious, warned him twice, he paid no attention, so I slapped him.

That was the end of it.

I hate it when people push me to lengths that I loathe. Like slapping someone.

It's like Leelu in "The Fifth Element" - never without my consent.
    Despite me liking physical touch.. Wandering hands lead to a removal of said hand and couple of warnings and a glare.. or a slap. Always. It's disrespectful.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Despite me liking physical touch.. Wandering hands lead to a removal of said hand and couple of warnings and a glare.. or a slap. Always. It's disrespectful.

I hear you. And the really bad thing about it was that *I* felt like I'd done something wrong in taking such measures. He was a friend, I have no idea what had gotten into him, it's like his ears and brain had been turned off. I *HATE* hurting people - I know what it's like to be slapped across the face, it's just so horribly humiliating and degrading - but I'm not going to let someone else hurt me.

I remember standing there shouting at him, "Why?! Why did you do that?! You knew what you were doing to me!" and in my mind I was thinking, "Why did you drive me to hurt you?! You're a friend! What's the matter with you?!" My feelings were so maimed.

I spent a great deal of my time as a mechanic perfecting the ability to avoid humiliating situations and how to stand off insistent males w/o actually taking a bastard file to their legs.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I hear you. And the really bad thing about it was that *I* felt like I'd done something wrong in taking such measures. He was a friend, I have no idea what had gotten into him, it's like his ears and brain had been turned off. I *HATE* hurting people - I know what it's like to be slapped across the face, it's just so horribly humiliating and degrading - but I'm not going to let someone else hurt me.

I remember standing there shouting at him, "Why?! Why did you do that?! You knew what you were doing to me!" and in my mind I was thinking, "Why did you drive me to hurt you?! You're a friend! What's the matter with you?!" My feelings were so maimed.

I spent a great deal of my time as a mechanic perfecting the ability to avoid humiliating situations and how to stand off insistent males w/o actually taking a bastard file to their legs.
    I'm so standoffish I hardly ever have to worry about stuff like this.

Remind me never to become a mechanic.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Girl, it was piles of trouble. I won't lie. I just wanted to learn how to fix cars and be useful, and I had no idea of the hazing and fighting and the rumor mill inherent in such a profession. Things about me got around the entire garage before I even knew the names of the people I worked with. I still have no idea how that happened. But they ALL knew a lot about me and I hadn't yet introduced myself. My foreman made a point of saying, "Touch her and I'll stomp you flat - and I'll only be stomping flat what pieces she leaves of you, savvy?"

I had an ESTP and an INFJ wingman which helped. In the diesel garage, it was ESTP and ESFJ wingmen. Big guys, both ex-Marines. Still didn't stop the worst of it.

I would go home in tears a lot (after controlling myself in public) because it was so wrong what I had to fight. Then again, I could have left, but then that meant the jerks would win and I couldn't let that happen.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

^
    That's so bad.. Don't feel bad about it.

I'm glad I'm snappy enough to get people to leave me be, even if I dislike that side.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Wow, I think you are very brave and amazing now. ^_^ I wish I could fix cars, all I can do is scream and kick them when they don't work. But, I've learned that usually hurts me more than the car. :p
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

What I don't get is when there are people you rarely see, but you have some tenuous connection with (no relation at all in any way) such as they work in some other department that deals with your department like once a year, and then when they see you that once a year they feel the need to hug you. What is up with that?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

your resident asshole

I'm a bit of a strange ISFP, being that I hate being touched also. I don't think I've ever willingly hugged one of my friends, only family members.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't like people in my space, I hate shaking hands with people and I never enjoy having my face or mouth touch. None of it freaks me out but if I don't know you well leave me the &#$% alone. If I'm romantically interested in the person I'm more receptive otherwise ALTO!

I have known 3 or 4 INFP massage therapists, seems like an overly popular field for them.