User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Touchiness

MBTI
    INFP

The description in your OP could have been mine. I'm exactly the same way.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP

Depends on your level of introversion?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INFs are weird
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFs are weird
    . . . which is why you love us

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's so nice to know I'm not the only one like this. In Korea they don't seem to have the "your body is yours" rule since it's very much a kind of hive-mind society. My students, my manager, the nurses at the doctor's office, strangers I've just met are always grabbing me and yanking me, and touching me. Even after a year I don't like it, though I've gotten pretty used to the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFs are weird
    Ah, but that's what's best about us too.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I'm extremely sensitive to touch, and hate being poked and tickled (though I have no problem with hugging, meh, I'm a touchy-feely guy...), and always chalked it up to my Asperger's.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP

Weird is fun, usually. And way better than boring. At least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night ...
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Weird is fun, usually. And way better than boring. At least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night ...
    Hehe, same here. I tell myself that as well because I absolutely despise having to touch someone I don't know. I just clam up and it's extremely uncomfortable for me. Even embracing outside family is difficult for me - my grandmother calls me a "touch-me-not". On the flip side, if you ask anyone who's been in an relationship with me or anyone who's lived with me for a long period of time (close family especially), they'd tell you that I'm one of the most touchy-feely person they know. I even have been told to lay off on the hugs and snuggling because there was so much of it. I guess that's just part of the "all or nothing" thing that the INFPs carry.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    INTJ

An INFP and I went to supper last night. We were okay sitting at the table. But the walking there and back... man, it was like dodgem cars with magic, invisible bumpers. Constant awkward alterations of gait and stride and step.

I blame inferior Se for me. My Se shouldn't be engaged unless the other three processes are engaged in the same operation. Feed me sensory information when I'm doing something else and there will be trouble.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i'm pretty much the same way at the op. i don't trust Se forms of expression to convey any sense of significance, unless there is significance. and why would i want gestures that are meaningless to me, cliched, etc.

but deep down i feel like the child amelie who's heart skips a beat when the possibility of being touched even by the cold sterile stethoscope is nearby. the desire might be real (primates!), but it also might be sublimated other things like itemized deductions on tax day, sum them alllll up and wrap them in a bowtied box.

i feel like somehow i've not yet disillusioned myself enough to realize that touch is just another domain for the empty gestures we all wear to convey lots of big nothings. and that authenticity has nothing to do with the form, but instead much more to do with some deep and mysterious essence that can never fully be grasped. a complexity that makes you trust it, makes you see into it, recognize its shape in the midst of the mushroom cloud.