Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    For an INFP male is there a type where this doesn't apply?
    I don't know.

I know that wives of INTP men came out as the most dissatisfied when ranking married couples based on MBTI. I can't imagine INFP men are that far off from INTP men.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    If she says, I said it to test the ENTJs boundaries (and jangle some INFPs into showing something), then yes, she can explain it more.

Look for someone in charge who speaks bluntly and seems to have no inhibition about saying personal things that would embarrass normal people but who gets quizzical and puzzled if there is some mention of feeling. Like they have some unbalancing secret.

And that's why INFPs and ENTJs go well together. Or that's why people who focus on understanding and growing personal feeling go well with people who focus on more or less anything else so long as it's outside of them and tangible.

I worry about ENTJs. They're like walking wounded. And I can usually do nothing about it.

That's weird coming from me, I know. I don't like always being the ENTJ's saboteur.
    I believe I have spotted a few ENTJs and ESTJs, the thing about them is that I actually find some of them quite intimidating because of their social non-inhibition, but I should definitely try interacting with them more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Re the OP: I could see that. Not for me personally, but I'm not a "healthy INFP male". I think we had one on this forum once, but he was probably mistyped. He quit amidst a flurry of recriminations, anyway.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't know.
    Yeah, I'm not sure either.

I do think INFP males should keep in check their desire for what is probably the least common female MBTI type. We are talking 1 out of every 100 people, and many of them won't be compatible with INFPs.

I know that wives of INTP men came out as the most dissatisfied when ranking married couples based on MBTI. I can't imagine INFP men are that far off from INTP men.
    INTP men do take the crown, but INFP and then ISFP men were right behind ya. INTPs get hurt by a general failure to notice the emotions of their partner, I think, whereas INFPs and ISFPs have that socially taboo Fi dom thing going on.

Although, in the case of INFP and INTP I think we have another issue that I haven't seen addressed on the forums. That thread is forthcoming...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Make sure to link to it, otherwise I might miss it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

As an ENTJ, I was involved with an INFP man awhile ago. I'm not against the ideas of this thread, just sharing an experience, if it's okay. : ]

From the outside the relationship was all good -we never fought (which was probably the problem)-, but I was frustated because he didn't seem to care whether I stayed loyal/ was serious or not. I baited and he didn't bite. In public. So that relationship spiraled down to keeping appearances and then promptly died.

A few months after, I found out that he actually cared and was serious but didn't know how to show it. Apparently he was intimidated by my 'lack of seriousness/ amount of feelings involved/ commitment' and opted to joke about his (of all things. /sighs).
    While from my side it was "Why should I care if he doesn't?".

So yeah. Communication. It might seem unfair, but we don't tend to put our hearts on stake when there's little reason/ security to do so.

Other than that, my best experience/ furthest relationship was with an INTP, apparently (just asked). I don't get these dissatisfied wives.
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    A few months after, I found out that he actually cared and was serious but didn't know how to show it. Apparently he was intimidated by my 'lack of seriousness/ amount of feelings involved/ commitment' and opted to joke about his (of all things. /sighs).
    While from my side it was "Why should I care if he doesn't?".
    I actually lost an awesome girl because I did that exact same thing. Life had to teach me the hard way not to do that...

Other than that, my best experience/ furthest relationship was with an INTP, apparently (just asked). I don't get these dissatisfied wives.
    INTPs are fully capable of making their partner happy. I think the problem is that many of them don't prioritize that aspect of their marriage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've had too many relationships where talking didn't happen. Later ones I tried to initiate, but got no where. These days if I can't talk to a girl about something that's not working right I leave. I'm actually thinking on keeping sex off the list of possible activities until after we've had our first fight and managed to resolve it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well, I'm still waiting.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Maybe, but I think a societal misconception in this whole theory is that the masculine is best paired with the feminine. Honestly, those are the couplings that have the most problems because there are two different communication styles. People in general are best paired with someone close to them on the masculine ----- feminine spectrum just because there is less of a communication block.