User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i have an ENTJ friend with a pretty turbulent past. i sometimes try to ask her, but for the life of her she can't/doesn't want to "let it out". it seems like she has no regard whatsoever for feeling because she can't understand it properly - even her own. i don't usually worry about people, but i reckon she'll have a breakdown soon if it isn't let out.
    Every time I talk about this topic I feel like I'm undermining ENTJ strength. Asking them to back up, away from their relief function, Se, taking action. How does one take action about past events? See, for me, it's sort of obvious, I talk something over--cuz I'm used to sitting around and thinking a lot before taking any action--and it clarifies my involvement in what to do next. But that suits my preferred function order, Fi before Se.

WW(INFP)D? Be an exemplar? ENTJ like progress and taking action. INFP wants to get something done and has a whole long thing of feeling first. ENTJ gets involved and works it out as the project goes along? Little piece by little piece, not as a whole, rushed, uncontrolled flood?

Dunno.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i have an ENTJ friend with a pretty turbulent past. i sometimes try to ask her, but for the life of her she can't/doesn't want to "let it out". it seems like she has no regard whatsoever for feeling because she can't understand it properly - even her own. i don't usually worry about people, but i reckon she'll have a breakdown soon if it isn't let out.
    Just keep being there for her, eventually she will let it out. My ENTJ buddy "let it out" about his breakup with his girlfriend to me eventually. I'm guessing through Se relief he kept trying to do things he enjoyed in the physical world to try to get over it, such as playing his guitar, inviting me to go places with him etc. He never let it look like he was bothered by it, except for the fact that he was more hyper active than usual. Then one day he just kinda... Sent me a message over myspace and he talked to me about it.

That was cool. That tells me that he trusts me. And I'm more than willing to help.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Ideal?

Maybe, but in practice I suspect this specific combination fails far more than succeeds.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ That was the point.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

so what? maybe striving for an ideal is worth more than striving for something "successful"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Sure, not saying that it isn't worth trying...just that there's no real evidence in favor of calling it "ideal."

But what do I know? I'm only concerned with superficial things.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nanook
    you are putting words in my mouth, liar!
    Really, now?

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    extroverted people feel that superficial insight is all that is of real value, therefore they don't feel blind.

i rephrase: you are putting words into my mouth AND spread the misrepresentations over multiple threads

Quote Originally Posted by nanook
    you are putting words in my mouth, liar!
    btw (since you assume in your rep to me, that i was perhaps trying to hide anything), i had the above posting deleted and send you a reputation with the same words, because i did not want to invade Harlow Jems thread with something that is off topic, but since you replied to the rep in this thread, its on you. actually transparency is my strength. i am quite okay, and eventually people will see that.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Ideal?

Maybe, but in practice I suspect this specific combination fails far more than succeeds.
    <Gaff>But then again, who does?</Gaff>

Ooh, I wonder if what INFPs do is work on ENTJ Ni.

It seems sort of obvious that they're supposed to work on Fi, but lower level Fi doesn't get engaged properly unless upper level functions are engaged. So-o-o-... what happens is ENTJs being prone, necessarily, to practical decision-making, it's Ni that turns their key. Ni sort of comes to mimic Fi by including feeling-like possibilities in the practical decision. Then they do something, and Fi sitting down on the bottom rung of the ladder to success... warms up! Because something like it was engaged in the decision.

It's just a guess. It comes from thinking about INTJ type descriptions. Somewhere or other it says we aren't all that empathic (duh!) but Ni can come to mimic feeling awareness by providing intuitive awareness of what that gesture means, or this sneer, or what is going on when someone burst into tears.

Go Team Cyborg!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Ideal?

For an INFP male is there a type where this doesn't apply?