First 8910

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    That's interesting TickTock. I generally find INFPs to be pretty ambivalent to whether they are the dominant one. As long as they aren't tread upon, they don't usually care too much about the power hierarchy. It's not that I don't believe you, but your viewpoint isn't one I hear too often.

Just out of curiosity, what types do you generally go for?
    I care about being dominant and the social hierarchy. I am not actively aggressive or naturally dominant but I am a very strong individual and I want certain things exactly my way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I could see the problem with an ENTJ male & INFP female being that the INFP female is too feisty and sensitive. ISFJs seems paired well with ENTJs, as they have spine in different areas, ones which may align more with the ENTJ's aims. Unless of course, the ENTJ can cope with someone who very much has ideas of her own.

I'm not interested in being dominated, that's for sure. I have a strong sense of autonomy I seek to maintain also. I realize in theory, each is supposed to help the other develop their inferior, & the N style communication helps bridge some gaps. I suppose this could work with two healthy individuals (healthy meaning not disintegrating towards a personality disorder or something). The OP's description make her & her INFP sound quite typical in their flaws & strengths, similar to the profiles, which basically describe normative types (relatively healthy people). In which case, they possibly are living the theory.

Of course, you can create a theory for any match, IMO. I would prefer an ENFJ also, because there is some similarity, but not too much. There is something sort of narcissistic about wanting someone just like you.... I really don't want to date a male version of me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

ENTJ males scare the shit out of me, but I can see how the reverse works well.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    dorr
    Enneagram
    dorr
    Socionics
    dorr

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    Another very good read, Harlow. Some of the closest friends I've had fit the ENT? category. They make me feel very easily that I'm valuable in their lives.
    Are you sure this isn't just confirmation bias because you happen to be ENTJ and your SO happens to be INFP? The fact that the two of you get along really well for these reasons doesn't necessarily suggest a type correlation.

But that said, I can see why it works well in your case, and you've made a good argument for that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i love that the OP shows how the two types can get together well

i think that any type can be the other's "ideal match", though. it just depends on the needs of the people in question.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i love that the OP shows how the two types can get together well

i think that any type can be the other's "ideal match", though. it just depends on the needs of the people in question.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

INFPs can irritate me on first sight, but when it comes to an actual relationship, they're great. I get the freedom to lead, we gladly trade each other the stereotypical relationship roles, and we can banter N-style.

I also enjoy ESFPs - they're fun-loving and they don't usually try to dominate.

I dated another ENTJ once and it was the ninth circle of hell. Never again. Ever ever.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg