User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INFJ humor

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default INFJ humor

Is it common for INFJs to have a love for humor? I really enjoy laughing, watching standup comedy, and joking about things. The thing is, though, I only like certain types of humor. For example, I like humor that is witty and insightful in a certain way. It doesn't have to be sophisticated at all, but it shouldn't just be raw absurdity without any substance. When people are really type A, it makes me uncomfortable, and I often deal with it by making jokes about things. Like, if someone in life is really uptight, it's funny to joke about how their spouse probably yells at them for leaving their dirty underwear on the sofa or something (OK, lame example, but you get my point hopefully). Any other INFJs feel this way? If so, what makes you laugh?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Everyone likes humor in some form...different types just tend to appreciate very different forms.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

I enjoy stand up shows, morbid humor, banter.. Pretty much all types of. But I never really understood poo and fart jokes nor Monty Python.
    And I absolutely love making fun of what you mentioned, making fun of small things.. It sometimes makes me seem naive apparantly. Anyways every type enjoys some sort of humor.

Maybe that was a bit cruel..

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    Any other INFJs feel this way? If so, what makes you laugh?
    Just about anything can make me laugh, depending on my mood. I really enjoy puns, stand up comedy, irony and sarcasm; all kinds of word play and allusions. I can laugh with people or at them, but I'm never mean. It's the small things really, like seeing or hearing something (which might not be funny to somebody else) and then my brain just starts to connect that to all kinds of other funny things which results in a marathon of laughter.

When I look at the World and the people, usually I can't help but go off like a little laugh box

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    When I look at the World and the people, usually I can't help but go off like a little laugh box
    Reminds me of something I said to a friend, "Reality is a joke to me. It's more amusing than most people realise."

I'll laugh at anything that's funny. Which could be everything and nothing and all that's in between.

I think most people are like this. Except for those unfortunate souls that don't have a sense of humour.

That said, I have a particular attraction for jokes that make me think. The reward is greater because not only have I been given a joke, I've been given a quick puzzle. But then I also love parody and things like South Park just as much as I love the high brow stuff.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Reminds me of something I said to a friend, "Reality is a joke to me. It's more amusing than most people realise."

I'll laugh at anything that's funny. Which could be everything and nothing and all that's in between.

I think most people are like this. Except for those unfortunate souls that don't have a sense of humour.
    +1

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    But then I also love parody and things like South Park just as much as I love the high brow stuff.

Me too!

I don't really like to categorize humour to high/low brow. When it's funny for me, I laugh, and when it's not, it's like...meh. Some things are funny at some point and the same things might not be funny some other time. As I said earlier, everything depends on my mood.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

I like to laugh. I like sarcasm and poking some small fun at others. Reality is a joke to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    I enjoy stand up shows, morbid humor, banter..
    +1 I especially enjoy banter, as can be seen from reading my posts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I love banter, sarcasm, and just messing with people for the sake of messing with them.

Sometimes I'll just be thinking about something and it will crack me up. So there I am laughing or smiling insanely and people always look at me strangely.

Am I the only one?