• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ humor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Humor is an escape; not from truth, but from despair. Somehow it's always the most serious people that resort to it (it seems)

Are logic and truth interchangeable terms?

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Humor is an escape; not from truth, but from despair. Somehow it's always the most serious people that resort to it (it seems)

That's interesting. When I was growing up, my mom used to mention criticise how weirdly serious I was. Each time I replied: "Me... serious?? But humor is my life!". Oh, and she was kind of embarrassed when we had some relatives over and I never laughed at their jokes. The rest of them were giggling only because a joke was told, because it's appropriate and polite to laugh a little. The jokes were so unbelievably stupid... and I always knew the outcome of any joke before it was finished (thus removing the natural laugh reaction). I just never wanted to fake my laugh. My mom even used to say I have absolutely no sense of humor at all and it was extremely frustrating when I felt the exact opposite (having a massive sense of humor).

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I love dark humor :D There's something great about laughing at something offensive with people that don't get their panties in a bunch because of it.
I also laugh at really stupid stuff. There's something fun about being able to laugh like a retard at kid jokes :D

But I'd agree that humor is an escape; it's hard being stuck in super-deep-INFJ-mode all the time. The serious people are the ones that need humor the most

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is it common for INFJs to have a love for humor?

Lots of infjs I know and see online like family guy, so I can't say for sure.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With me, it's dry wit, satire, and self-deprecation. I seldom tell jokes cos they usually fall flat or people don't get it, so I stick with the one liner.