• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESTJ and INFP Relationship?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chemistry ... ahh yes, there are great sparks between us, even after 20 years ... ;) And the rest of the para is well said Udog - but I don't see the lack of deeper connection as a price to be paid. I am simply grateful for the great relationship we have.

I guess I meant that as a potential pitfall. Thank you for illustrating the remedy to it - to be grateful and appreciative of the strong aspects. :)

And hey, it wouldn't be fair to make everything seem glossy and perfect - we can certainly annoy each other from time to time.

Well, it's an opposite pairing... which naturally comes with all sorts of communication issues, different modes of thought, different priorities, and different ways of showing love. When the ESTJ was born it immediately asked for the scissors to cut the damn umbilical cord, while the INFP would have just as soon stayed in the womb for another month.

But when you get down to it, ESTJ and INFP don't really step on each other's cores... just irritate them sometimes. The ESTJ *likes* to take care of the daily minutia (or at least is wired to do it), and the INFP is usually happy to have them do it. The INFP can become the moral backbone of the household and keep track of the bigger picture, both of which the ESTJ can inadvertently lose track of.

It's important to note that the more domineering and inflexible the ESTJ, the more meager and meak the INFP will need to be for this to work. A strong willed INFP will need a more balanced ESTJ or the fireworks will commence.

rae.chul

MBTI Type
infj
infp and estj

If it's an ESTJ male with an INFP female, it's actually one of the most successful and common opposite pairings available. ESTJ female and INFP male will run into gender role issues, which can be exacerbated by the female being SJ.

If you're interested in a more detailed response, give me a nudge on Monday and I'll type one up.

why would an estj male and infp female relationship work....?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Good answer. The only thing I'd like to note is that the duality stuff is Socionics, which isn't apples-to-apples with MBTI.

why would an estj male and infp female relationship work....?

There's a lot of good stuff above, but in short, opposites attract, and the two types complement each other well.

cheyennepeppa

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am an INFP and have been dating an ESTJ for 20 months now. His sister is an INTP, so he is a little use to my type I guess. In the beginning we were young, teenagers still, and it was extremely hard. We were that on again and off again type of couple. Eventually, it didn't work out because I felt he didn't understand me. I left, mostly because I was falling into a deep depression, that lasted 2 years. I pushed him away because it was easier than explaining.
Anyways, near the end of those 2 dreadful years, we started talking again, really talking. He had matured so much, and well, so had I. He listened, was so much more compassionate and thoughtful about my feelings, was more in tune with his and actually went to classes after we broke up, about depression and mental health. He helped pull me out of my head and come clean from self harming and since then we have had a much more meaningful, deep and beautiful relationship.
We are opposites, so we help each other in the areas we lack in. I have been with people who share the same interests as me, which is nice, but he appreciates my skills and talents more than anyone, as I do his.
Though he scored Extroverted, he is about equal of both E and I. We both enjoy a day in the house more than going out most times, but when he does get me out, I enjoy it. I feel comfortable with him, he calms my anxiety.
Also, we disagree about little things often, I always listened to his opinion and took it to heart, as an INFP always looking for the good in what he says. He had a problem with that when he was younger, but now, he does the same for me.
Love conquers all things guys. I am the happiest I have ever been. I wouldn't rather be with another personality type or anyone else for that matter:wubbie: