• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Go ahead; appreciate an INFJ today.

P

Phantonym

In the bushes outside of your house with a video camera.

Oh yeah, definitely. This is another fine example of our plan to observe and mimic the others to take over the world. You see, you already have all the answers :newwink:

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Actually, INFJs aren't as hard to find as people think they are. We just don't really draw attention to ourselves, so most of the time people don't notice us. The school I'm at had everyone typed, and I know about five or six others off the top of my head from about 300 people (there are supposed to be around 15, I think), but they're people that are easy not to notice (I'm not either, so it's interesting to see from an outside p-o-v). Plus, you have a lot of INFJs mimicking type; I know some that had typed as something else, but who truly are INFJ.

So, in other words, Sky is BLUE! is right and we're all hiding in order to take over the world

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Plus, you have a lot of INFJs mimicking type; I know some that had typed as something else, but who truly are INFJ.

This is what I'm getting at, partly. It seems like, more than any other type, INFJs are good at mimicking other types. So they can be hard to spot.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJs are good at mimicking other types. So they can be hard to spot.

That's part of our camo-attack motif.

Heh heh, but seriously...

I think INFJs are harder to notice because we're natural observers. We sit back and watch what's happening. I like to observe and make determinations about people. They aren't necessarily fatalistic determinations but I'm just trying to figure out when so-and-so really thinks about topic XYZ - or does such-and-such really feel like she want's to go to ABC. I like people to feel at ease and comfortable - that's why I observe, so I can help them out with that. Seeing people truly happy and that they're being themselves - that's what makes me tick.

In a public setting I'm usually looking for someone I either 1) know, or 2) know that I will mesh well with. I'm not going to put myself out there very frequently unless 1) and/or 2) are present. Ergo, I hold back and blend in.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^^ I agree.

I react to things differently depending on the situation. The whole INFJ thing doesn't work too well socially, because I'd just be a quiet observer or I'd say things no one would really be able to follow. The weird looks get old after a while. Plus, it's fun exercising the different sides of who you can be ;) The downside to that is people expect me to be that one way all the time, and that's not it; I've got more than one side, and most people aren't used to that.

But yeah. If you want to spot an INFJ, try looking RIGHT when you're meeting them, and in a group they're not necessarily familiar with. They'll probably be one of the ones observing quietly, unnoticed, until they get the vibe down.
And while they're in that observing stage, ask them something awkward and see if they know what to do. I know that I would end up stumbling all over myself or being really awkward; it takes a while to outgrow that, I think.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^^ I agree.

I react to things differently depending on the situation. The whole INFJ thing doesn't work too well socially, because I'd just be a quiet observer or I'd say things no one would really be able to follow. The weird looks get old after a while. Plus, it's fun exercising the different sides of who you can be ;) The downside to that is people expect me to be that one way all the time, and that's not it; I've got more than one side, and most people aren't used to that.

^3

That was very well said. I'm using that the next time someone ask, "You're acting wierder than normal today, what's wrong?"

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I wouldn't kick one out of bed.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It'll be okay. Everyone has rough patches and dry spells.

I'd think an INFJ could charm just about anyone into their bed...

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's part of our camo-attack motif.

Heh heh, but seriously...

I think INFJs are harder to notice because we're natural observers. We sit back and watch what's happening. I like to observe and make determinations about people. They aren't necessarily fatalistic determinations but I'm just trying to figure out when so-and-so really thinks about topic XYZ - or does such-and-such really feel like she want's to go to ABC. I like people to feel at ease and comfortable - that's why I observe, so I can help them out with that. Seeing people truly happy and that they're being themselves - that's what makes me tick.

In a public setting I'm usually looking for someone I either 1) know, or 2) know that I will mesh well with. I'm not going to put myself out there very frequently unless 1) and/or 2) are present. Ergo, I hold back and blend in.
I agree completely. I'm normally very quiet but when I'm with one or two people I'm close to I'm a motor mouth.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Well, I've only met 2 INFJ's and love them both to bits. I appreciate them EVERY day!

D

Dali

My Fi is embarrassed by the blatant expression of Fe in my first post. :blush: I'll now take that all back. but still believe you lot are the bee's knees. But don't let it get to your heads, eh?.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
INFJs are ...

- passionate
- strong (!!)
- kind
- focused
- creative
- funny
- turning my heart into putty

Their whole existence = putting a hand on my shoulder with their face near mine and pointing out to the horizon "Do you see it too?" And I do. They make me a better person just by being near me. :wubbie:

They're my favorite type. That's right. :wubbie: