User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Where are y'all hiding?

It's a camouflage thing, we're actually everywhere and all this INFJ-the-rarest-type is a cunning plan to take over the world. We're the true masterminds

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    In the bushes outside of your house with a video camera.
    Oh yeah, definitely. This is another fine example of our plan to observe and mimic the others to take over the world. You see, you already have all the answers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Actually, INFJs aren't as hard to find as people think they are. We just don't really draw attention to ourselves, so most of the time people don't notice us. The school I'm at had everyone typed, and I know about five or six others off the top of my head from about 300 people (there are supposed to be around 15, I think), but they're people that are easy not to notice (I'm not either, so it's interesting to see from an outside p-o-v). Plus, you have a lot of INFJs mimicking type; I know some that had typed as something else, but who truly are INFJ.

So, in other words, Sky is BLUE! is right and we're all hiding in order to take over the world

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Plus, you have a lot of INFJs mimicking type; I know some that had typed as something else, but who truly are INFJ.
    This is what I'm getting at, partly. It seems like, more than any other type, INFJs are good at mimicking other types. So they can be hard to spot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    INFJs are good at mimicking other types. So they can be hard to spot.

That's part of our camo-attack motif.

Heh heh, but seriously...

I think INFJs are harder to notice because we're natural observers. We sit back and watch what's happening. I like to observe and make determinations about people. They aren't necessarily fatalistic determinations but I'm just trying to figure out when so-and-so really thinks about topic XYZ - or does such-and-such really feel like she want's to go to ABC. I like people to feel at ease and comfortable - that's why I observe, so I can help them out with that. Seeing people truly happy and that they're being themselves - that's what makes me tick.

In a public setting I'm usually looking for someone I either 1) know, or 2) know that I will mesh well with. I'm not going to put myself out there very frequently unless 1) and/or 2) are present. Ergo, I hold back and blend in.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

^^ I agree.

I react to things differently depending on the situation. The whole INFJ thing doesn't work too well socially, because I'd just be a quiet observer or I'd say things no one would really be able to follow. The weird looks get old after a while. Plus, it's fun exercising the different sides of who you can be The downside to that is people expect me to be that one way all the time, and that's not it; I've got more than one side, and most people aren't used to that.

But yeah. If you want to spot an INFJ, try looking RIGHT when you're meeting them, and in a group they're not necessarily familiar with. They'll probably be one of the ones observing quietly, unnoticed, until they get the vibe down.
    And while they're in that observing stage, ask them something awkward and see if they know what to do. I know that I would end up stumbling all over myself or being really awkward; it takes a while to outgrow that, I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    ^^ I agree.

I react to things differently depending on the situation. The whole INFJ thing doesn't work too well socially, because I'd just be a quiet observer or I'd say things no one would really be able to follow. The weird looks get old after a while. Plus, it's fun exercising the different sides of who you can be The downside to that is people expect me to be that one way all the time, and that's not it; I've got more than one side, and most people aren't used to that.

^3

That was very well said. I'm using that the next time someone ask, "You're acting wierder than normal today, what's wrong?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Eh, I wouldn't kick one out of bed.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't kick one out of bed.
    Getting one into your bed might be tricky