• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs: cat-like?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen INFJs licking their backsides and coughing up furballs!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs are catlike...the "INFP eyes" tend to be anyway. I have not seen that so much with INFJs (online I mean).

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen INFJs licking their backsides and coughing up furballs!

Oh yeah. My family hates it when I get on the furniture because I shed too much. It's a terrible trait, really.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
That's actually a cool comparison. Sometimes dead, but never for too long.

yeah i was quite happy when i realized the connection a few days ago. i'm trying to pin similar creatures to other personality types; help would be appreciated!.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I've been described as 'catty' before, but not because of what I look like. :tongue:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Cat? Cat? Cat?

No... 'fraid not.

Agree with OrangeAppled, INFPs are more like cats.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INFJ wife is cat-like in appearance with regard to high, prominent,(beautiful) cheekbones, and large (gorgeous) green eyes.

Here's a pic of her and our late German Shepherd, Sidney:

Sidney_10_12-2007083.jpg

More importantly, she is catlike in manner. For years I referred to her as my little "Bobcat" because she would sit among me and my friends very still, pretty, and quiet, saying nothing at all, and then all of a sudden blurt something out and slam someone. That to me is a feline attack, stealthy, completely unannounced, and lethal. :D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My INFJ wife is cat-like in appearance with regard to high, prominent,(beautiful) cheekbones, and large (gorgeous) green eyes.

More importantly, she is catlike in manner. For years I referred to her as my little "Bobcat" because she would sit among me and my friends very still, pretty, and quiet, saying nothing at all, and then all of a sudden blurt something out and slam someone. That to me is a feline attack, stealthy, completely unannounced, and lethal. :D

Wow, she looks lethal ;)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

-Picture of a female INFJ here-

I relate to the being quiet and then pouncing in group conversations. The femininity of the INFJ type fits women more than men it looks like. The INFJ I know has those catlike features. One of her common picture poses is -very- predatory cat-like.

INFPs seem more like kittens. ENFPs too, but ENFPs are the kittens that romp around more. INFJs seem to be more like the grown up cats, their personality is sharper. More (As in 'very') moody and if they don't want you around they'll claw and hiss. A better example is the two cats my pastor has. One is more sleepy and will accept petting from nearly anyone, while the other is moody and only lets two of the family to pet her. INFP cat and INFJ cat respectively.

(How's a relationship with your INFJ, Halla? I bet she's often perplexing! :D)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(How's a relationship with your INFJ, Halla? I bet she's often perplexing! :D)

Our relationship is good, although we are polar opposites with regard to MBTI, and of very dissimilar Enneagrams (ESTP me = Ring 7w8; INFJ her = Ring 4w5) we identify with each other at many important core fundamental levels.

I'm sure I'm perplexing to her too. Well, maybe more frustrating, or completely bizarre than perplexing, but either way I sure as hell am a handful. :D

By the way, my friend Matt lives in Vantaa! Have you all thawed yet?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i am an eagle eye, not a cat eye.

i consider myself to be most likely NiFe. i could compare my eyes (and only the eyes) roughly to mel gibson or daniel day lewis or actually that peguy avatar or jeremy davies or michael sheen or franco nero or alec newman or viggo mortensen.... (these are not examples for my type, just for the eyes, roughly. most or all of them are socionics perceivers)

i consider most cat eyed people that i know to be FiNe (socionics INFJ) or sometimes enfp. examples: the eragon guy, harvey keitel, bill nighty, Henry Thomas, john malkovich

some people are so on the borderline of cat and eagle, that i can't tell.... example: sean william scott, ben stone, eric bana, paul bettany

enfj seem to be borderline too. they have often eyebrows that are pulled up, which supports the cat look, but a lot of them are on the eagle side.
possible example for cat enfj: Chandler Canterbury, Jennifer Morrison, Jamie Bamber? (but they could be Fi types ...) possible example for eagle eyed enfj: wolverine, marie josee croze, naomi watts, nicole kidman, tracy middendorf

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Our relationship is good, although we are polar opposites with regard to MBTI, and of very dissimilar Enneagrams (ESTP me = Ring 7w8; INFJ her = Ring 4w5) we identify with each other at many important core fundamental levels.

I'm sure I'm perplexing to her too. Well, maybe more frustrating, or completely bizarre than perplexing, but either way I sure as hell am a handful. :D

By the way, my friend Matt lives in Vantaa! Have you all thawed yet?

You remind me of an ESTP I know. He and another INFJ in my school are hard workers. They both want things to be done right; the INFJ out of OCD and the ESTP out of his Se/Ti dynamism. It's great to know you both get along well. :)

Not in Vantaa yet (Will be in late August), but according to my host-mother to-be it is. I think she's an NF of some kind, maybe even INFJ. She's very interested in languages (Studied French, German, Hebrew, Arabic, and heiroglyphs. She's fluent in English like most Finns).

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would tend to agree somewhat. That INFJs are either cat like in the way a leopard is cat like or raptor (bird-of-prey not dinosaur) like.

This is a biased impression, but it seems like INFJs are a bit...dangerous at their core...or maybe just wild. They might not ever DO anything dangerous or wild, but it's there and people can see glimpses of it sometimes.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
i am an eagle eye, not a cat eye.

i consider myself to be most likely NiFe. i could compare my eyes (and only the eyes) roughly to mel gibson or daniel day lewis or actually that peguy avatar or jeremy davies or michael sheen or franco nero .... (these are not examples for the type, just for the eyes, roughly)

i consider most cat eyed people that i know to be FiNe (socionics INFJ) or sometimes enfp. examples: the eragon guy, harvey keitel, bill nighty, Henry Thomas, john malkovich

some people are so on the borderline of cat and eagle, that i can't tell.... example: sean william scott

enfj seem to be borderline too. they have often eyebrows that are pulled up, which supports the cat look, but a lot of them are on the eagle side.

Eagle eye fits well, it's a studious look that makes you wonder how many sets of gears are turning in their head. I may have some catty personality features, but eagle eye is bang on.

INFPs seem to have softer and pliable eyes when they're fully open, but very catlike when focusing. ENFPs just seem like those kittens that'll get to your toilet paper even if you put it up high. ENFXs are Lolcats :D

I would tend to agree somewhat. That INFJs are either cat like in the way a leopard is cat like or raptor (bird-of-prey not dinosaur) like.

This is a biased impression, but it seems like INFJs are a bit...dangerous at their core...or maybe just wild. They might not ever DO anything dangerous or wild, but it's there and people can see glimpses of it sometimes.

I think it's from our piercing insight. We can know what a person is extremely sensitive about and use it against them, but we don't cause we're above the petty squabbles of the poor humans that are not INFJs :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, I think that's accurate.

Somewhat related (maybe) - but my INFJ friend and I were discussing how, if in a conflict or whatever, we both naturally start out very fair, honest, not wanting to hurt the other person or get any more out of it than is justified. Basically, wanting to be diplomatic about things. But if the other person doesn't want to play that way, and lashes out or tries to take advantage of our niceness, we'll then shift to No More Ms. Nice INFJ. The other person is on dangerous ground at that point ...as we can be quite cutting and lethal if we need to be, and if the other person decides they want to 'play' that way.

(By the way - I'm not saying this applies to all INFJ's.:) And this would be a very rare situation anyway.)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, I think that's accurate.

Somewhat related (maybe) - but my INFJ friend and I were discussing how, if in a conflict or whatever, we both naturally start out very fair, honest, not wanting to hurt the other person or get any more out of it than is justified. Basically, wanting to be diplomatic about things. But if the other person doesn't want to play that way, and lashes out or tries to take advantage of our niceness, we'll then shift to No More Ms. Nice INFJ. The other person is on dangerous ground at that point...as we can be quite cutting and lethal if we need to be, and if the other person decides they want to 'play' that way.

(By the way - I'm not saying this applies to all INFJ's.:)

+1 Definitely. Another situation is when we're willing to ignore someone's disrespectfulness until they do something to us or someone we care about. It's the most common way I make enemies. What's irritating is that they can't see why us INFJs are being aggressive and just think we're stupid and mean. I find these kind of people intolerable.

You could say that INFJs are Jedi. Diplomacy, but when it comes to swords: You lose. (Unless, of course, you're an INTJ Sith ;) )

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could say that INFJs are Jedi. Diplomacy, but when it comes to swords: You lose. (Unless, of course, you're an INTJ Sith ;) )

It's funny you say this. My friend and I joke about this very thing. If another person forces us to use swords, we're like..."Do you REALLY want to go there? REALLY??!!?? Because you WILL lose." :smile: (and yeah...I'd agree with the INTJ comment too!)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sidney_10_12-2007083.jpg

Yes! That's the look. Notice the eyes and smile.