123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Default NFs in the sciences

NFs are obviously common in the social sciences, and NTs almost totally dominate the physical sciences, but NFs do not seem to be uncommon in the life sciences, and I myself am a biology major. I find physics interesting but it's too much math. I find chemistry generally boring except for biochemistry. But Biology I have always loved since I was a kid.

Any other NFs here who are into sciency stuff?
    Autistic INFP

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I am very much into the sciences, and growing up was always into the sciences much more than I was into sociology or anything people-related.

Biology was always a favorite of mine, but in junior high I liked earth science quite a bit, and in high school I was equally interested in chemistry. Physics...not terribly much. In college, I ended up getting a degree in the life sciences (Ecology, ethology, and evolution).

I always loved math growing up, too, and took several math courses in college (as I had started out in engineering). I liked calculus, although my brain ceased to easily grasp it once it hit multiple dimensions...however, I really liked differential equations (I know, I know...I'm weird). For some reason I could handle 2 dimensions plus the factor of time, but I couldn't handle more than 2 dimensions in space.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Science is one of my best subjects, next to English. I plan on going into Medical Anthropology. I think it's a false assumption that only NTs can be logical and scientific. NFs have just as much sucess in the sciences, though not as many NFs go into the sciences as NTs.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'm also a biology major (molecular and cellular to be specific) and have always loved biology. I have next to no interest in social sciences and would never have taken a course in those areas if I wasn't obligated to, although some were worthwhile. Chemistry is a mixed bag; inorganic and physical chemistry are extremely dull, while organic and biochemistry I find intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm also a biology major (molecular and cellular to be specific) and have always loved biology. I have next to no interest in social sciences and would never have taken a course in those areas if I wasn't obligated to, although some were worthwhile. Chemistry is a mixed bag; inorganic and physical chemistry are extremely dull, while organic and biochemistry I find intriguing.
    + 1 to all, this is creepy.
    I'm the same, except that I hold a small interest in languages and sociology.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    NFs are obviously common in the social sciences, and NTs almost totally dominate the physical sciences, but NFs do not seem to be uncommon in the life sciences, and I myself am a biology major. I find physics interesting but it's too much math. I find chemistry generally boring except for biochemistry. But Biology I have always loved since I was a kid.

Any other NFs here who are into sciency stuff?
    As far as the three fields of science taught in highschools, I prefered them in this order from greatest to least:

Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics

I like the concepts behind physics, especially advanced fields that deal with the more "gray" areas of the universe. But I am, in actuality, not very good at the math involved behind it.

Biology was only ever okay for me. I think it may have been because my teacher really annoyed me and the classmate who sat next to me was always trying to psychoanalyse me. I like biology on an ecosystem level, rather than say, a cellular level. However, I am quite fascinated by biochemistry.

Which makes sense because ever since I took chemistry, I've loved it. I love studying the way molecules and atoms interact with each other. I love learning about how compounds are made. I love learning about how one substance interacts with another. It's all fascinating to me.

That said, I'm not majoring in any of the sciences, but science will always be a side interest for me.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

I hate science. Especially chemistry & physics. Bio is alright but overall I am not a scientific/mathematical person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Chemistry was one of my best subjects and favorite subjects, my teacher was an INFJ. I like science overall.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

For every science I find that I enjoy the structure but complete detachment from anything emotional puts me at a disadvantage. Over the years I have continuously struggled and slowly developed my Ti to a point where I can be productive but at the cost of draining my soul.

Yes, the italics were necessary!

me, not so much

school subjects i liked:
    • art
    • ethics (or religion, actually, despite the fact that i was never a believer - to me religion is what history ought to be. a reflecting feeling into the inner evolution of the human condition)

school subjects i did not like

• social science (argh! anarchy!!! )
    • history (like learning dates and stuff)
    • biology
    • anything worse (anything else)

outside of school (and before school, mostly) i used to like archeology

for me archeology is a stage in getting to know the world we live in. psychology, spirituality and integral vision are the logical progression of the very same interest. but archeology is still a great combination of introversion and "adventure". a bit autistic, though. unless you are estp enough to converse happily with Egyptians.

i am actually puzzled that i dropped that archeology dream, without missing it. i guess i am not good with dreams.

i am okay with computers. but i have a depression of that interest.
    i am also not fast enough, to base a career on that. and i hate Dilbert (it's fun to laugh at Dilbert...).