• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs how neurotic are you ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am interested what happens in a head of NFs when stakes are high and sitation is serious. How often you have a problem with this kinds of sitations?
I know that NFs are very wide group so I will just ask a few general questions. People are free to answer only those with which they relate to.

How often your fears and insecurities get to you?

How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason) ?

Is it because you need to be loved to be "complete" ? (more then others)

Do you have problems with nightmares?

Are you ever afraid that you will lose your ability to feel?

Do you tend to eat/drink too much when you are unhappy?

How much depression of another person efects you if you are close?

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ?

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
often

often

often

no

yes

sometimes I eat just because I am unhappy but it's not a habit

if we are very close I can feel it very strongly

hell no what kind of a weird questin is that

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How often do your fears and insecurities get to you?
A lot....everyday. I struggle with being painfully shy and not having much self-worth.
It's getting better with age though.

All the time. I always think people dislike me, by default.
I'm almost suspicious of people if they like me right away.

I don't know why it is. I think it's just insecurity.
Of course I need to be loved; everybody does. :p

Very, very rarely. I actually almost never remember my dreams, but when I do they are very vivid.
I had a nightmare last night about a cannibal. It was terrible & disturbing, but I didn't wake up. If I wake up then I usually can't go back to sleep. I will stay up all night until dawn, then I can go to sleep.
When I was a child I'd go to my mom's room and wake her up & she'd have to sit with me. This happened maybe once a year.

No. I'm only afraid I will not be able to express how I feel.

I stress eat....meaning I eat too little because I forget, then when I do eat I just eat junk food.
I never get drunk, but I'll drink a glass of wine or two when I'm stressed/depressed to unwind or escape a bit.

How much depression of another person effects you if you are close?
Not that much, honestly. It frustrates me, but I'm good at putting it aside so I don't get too upset.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ?

No. :huh:

sade

How often do your fears and insecurities get to you? Sometimes. Under stress mostly.
How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason) ? Rarely.
Is it because you need to be loved to be "complete" ? (more then others) No.
Do you have problems with nightmares? Unrelated, but yes when I was a child.
Are you ever afraid that you will lose your ability to feel? No. It doesn't seem possible.
Do you tend to eat/drink too much when you are unhappy? No.
How much depression of another person effects you if you are close? Too much.
Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ? What the...? NO.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD

Not as much nowadays but say 90-500 times a month? (It doesn't have to be for a long time . . .)

For no reason? olO
A bit everyday.

Well, um. I'll put it this way. Before I understood that I was loved; I was a sad little android in my head.

Nope. Almost never. **.
And ***.

Yes.

Hrrm, I guess. . .

It can bring my whole world down and others worlds.

A wrong product? Poison? o_O o_O What?

** I do have a bit too vivid imagination sometime and can by accident fuel a fear of the "exceptionally unnatural". When this occurs I get panicked and I start seeing things like "the exorcist girl" behind every door in the dark or "the ring gal" coming up my bed and touches me. Ah, just thinking about it gives me the creeps. Also, my friends call me paranoid. So I am probably an unhealthy enfp atm.

I don't know why I am so scared by young, small girls that wants to devour my mind but hey, I am. :/

*** I once had a dream where a man said that he would trade experiences for my dreams.
That has clearly fucked me up badly.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

You mean bother me and cause boughts of horrendous indecision? It depends on the subject matter. When it comes to relationships and social things, all the freaking time. When it comes to everything else, only occasionally.

Just about anytime I meet someone new or am introduced to a group of people.

If by "complete" you mean accepted, then yes. But I don't have to be loved by anyone. Just liked is good enough. It means I have enough leeway to be myself instead of immediately trying to please this other person into liking me.

Not at all.

I don't know. I can't say that's ever been a prominent fear.

Sometimes. I'm a "chewer". Meaning, I don't get hungry, but when upset, I tend to want to chew on things and clench my teeth. Gets me in trouble when, say, there's a giant bag of Twizzlers or something else that's chewy nearby. But when actually unhappy, I'm a catatonic-esque kind of person. Meaning, I go lay down and I don't want to get up afterwards. Depression = lots of sleeping and staring at walls for me.

Enough to make me feel depressed or "off", too. Especially if I suddenly sense the walls going up and I'm being pushed away with how they're responding to me.

Uh, never?

G

garbage

Huh, it appears that most of my answers are likely more Enneagram 6-flavored than NF-flavored. I hope this helps!

The answer used to be "constantly." My biggest fears used to be centered around other people; fear of rejection, fear that they didn't like me, and, most acutely, fear that they could read me. I'd get panic attacks when around crowds. I had few friends. I hated people.

I also just used to doubt myself, constantly. I used to fear for the worst and I had no self-confidence.

None of this is true anymore.

I haven't grown out of my anxiety; rather, I've turned it upside down. I don't overanalyze out of fear; my constant torrent of thoughts and heightened awareness just serves me. I can make accurate predictions about my environment and other people based upon very subtle cues. I've got a "background process" that solves problems I haven't even come across yet, and I'm instantly prepared for when those problems or even unrelated ones arise. I know the worst-case scenario, but now I also know whether or not it's plausible.

Don't get me wrong--very small fears surface from time to time, but I'm usually much more able to deal with them.

Mostly addressed above, but, yeah, this used to be a big fear of mine.

Nope, my motivation was different. I'm steadfastly independent.

Nope

I've been there once, when I was on Paxil as a minor. I'm in touch with how I feel, and I know that my emotions are not just going to disappear.

Nope.. I either sulk, consult other people, or face the problem head-on. More often than not, I face the problem.

Very much so. I take their problems on myself and do everything I can to support them. I often feel their depressive state.

Of course, I do this to a degree with many problems that other people face, but my tendency to do so with depression is probably more pronounced because it hits close to home.

No

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
Every day, all day. I am in a constant struggle to fight my way out of my insecurity and fear. That's why I ahve to keep it at least looking cool, calm and collected on the outside.

As someone else said, my default thought is that strangers won't like me or will have something against me.

I think, maybe yes, I need to feel loved/accepted more than others. I don't think that it makes me "complete," but I definitely need it.

Yes.

Can't say I ever thought about it. But it would be a sad day if I walked around numb all the time. I feel alive when I experience strong emotions.

Yes, for sure.

Not a lot. I have stepped back from allowing myself to get so close to people that their emotions effect in great amounts.

No.

Shinzon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Probably once a month for the majority of my life I'll get a few days where my perspective of all the things I'm worried about will slip towards the hopeless end of the specturm and I'll get into a general funk.

Often, but in the moment I'll feel like a have a good (though misguided) reason for doing so.

I don't think I need it to be complete, but when I have it I get paranoid about losing it.

Only when I'm ignoring a problem and doing the best to repress the emotions associated. Even then, they aren't classical 'nightmares', but more like distorted scenarios that reflect what I'm repressing and leave me feeling agitated when I wake up.

Only in times of great stress. I become so overwhelmed with emotion that I blow a fuse. If the state persists, I begin to worry that I've forever lost touch with an integral part of myself.

Most of the time I'm more likely to deny myself when I'm unhappy. I will overindulge when bored.

How much depression of another person defects you if you are close?

More than I'd like.

Not really, but someone close to be died when I was young and it introduced the concept of mortality at a too early age. When I was younger I would worry that I may have accidentally ingested poison or other such paranoid nonsense. I grew out of that when I entered my teens, however.

sculpting

when younger this was very prevelant. As I have gotten older I have become much better at dealiing with my insecurities. I didnt talk to people much till I was 17.

It depends upon if I care if they like me. If I dont care then I approach them with Ne-Te and it does not matter. If I do care I approach with Ne-Fi and it is very painful if they do not like me.

I dont need another person to feel complete. Okaya actually that's a total lie. I need to feel needed, to give Ne-Fi sustinance. It needs to be used for me to be happy. So I build spiderwebs of individuals who I deeply care for in order to feed the Ne-Fi.

Repetitive ones-after a grassfire I set, I had firedreams for years. After a tornado I was in, I had tornado dreams. After 911, I had dreams where planes would fall out of the sky. I had the naked dreams a lot as a kid. Now in all of those dreams if that element pops up I can control the item that is worriesome-I put the fires out, route the tornados around my house, make the planes fall elsewhere. The last time I had the naked dreams I actually made a choice to stop in the dream and eat some yummy cantelope and to hell with all the people watching me eat cantelope naked. Then I had clothes again:)

I go through many times where I cant tap into this as I use Te too much

Maybe drink some, but familia obligations prevent excess.

I close this off as I cant take it if I cant help them.

This is an ISFJ thing. I have seen my ISFJ ponder these sorts of things before

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have had trouble with stress related anxiety a few times in my life but it's not really a problem...i just tend to over think things so if there's a big change or stressful situation i can work myself up to the point of an anxiety attack.

actually never...i don't know why...but i never worry about that.
i've never not felt that so i can't really say but...yeah i imagine i need that.
i have but very rarely.
no.
no
never experienced it so much.
i'm worried about accidentally mixing chemicals when i clean...yeah.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Everyday-it is a constant whack a mole game. My insecurites come up and I have to beat them down and I never know when they are going to pop up next.

Every day- I just assume everyone is plotting against me,lol. Everytime I do or say anything I wonder if I have blown it or not.

I guess so- I just want to know that I have a right to be me and that there is place for me- there is a demand for my product that is my company.

I have recurring dreams that haunt me but don't give me real problems. Just indicators that there are things bothering me and that doesn't bother me. I like to be honest with myself and nightmares or bad dreams tcan help you be more honest with yourself albeit in incrypted form.

yes- by being too empathetic it wears me down and makes me desire to be apathetic just because it feels like to much of a burden and load to deal with-I am naturally all or nothing. The extreme feelingness burns me out a lot. I want to lose my ability to feel a lot of times.

if you need me, I'll be in the refridgerator,lol. Yes- if I am in the abyss of despair- I have my knights in shining oreos beside me. If I am truely truely unhappy- I will not eat at all- because what is the point of living and eating only perpetuates life- now I haven't been anywhere near that in over a decade but in my teens I went through protests of life extenders,lol.

Oh completely- although not when I am with them- I am everything they need me to be when with them- but after they are done I feel like everything has stuck to me and now I have to get rid of it on my own now too. Like passing a cold.

Oh my gosh how did you know! With all these recalls these days I am so paranoid- will this be the thing that will kill my family? I feel I need to keep up to date so much on recalls and healthiness of products and feel personally responsible if I fail and feed the precious people in my life something bad and lose them and then go into the abyss of despair completely- never eat and die.

P

Phantonym

Once in a while. I can have these long periods of time (sometimes for months) when I'm perfectly happy with myself and the world around me. But then come these periods (that can last for months) when everything is just...dark. Then just anything ticks me off and I close off everything and everybody.

How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason)?
All the time. There are times when I can sort of subdue this feeling but there's always this "thing" at the back of my mind. Paranoia :D

Is it because you need to be loved to be "complete"? (more then others)
Yes, definitely. Maybe not loved, but to be accepted just the way I am. Feels nice when people "get" you, but often they do not.

No. I think I've only had a few in all my life.

No, not really. There are times when I analyze things to exhaustion and I can enter this space in my mind where I hardly feel anything but numbness. So, being unable to feel doesn't scare me. I would prefer to keep my ability to feel, though.

YES! :blush: I'm an emotional eater and I eat whenever I'm happy, sad, excited, bored, you name it. I also tend to binge-eat. It's been a battle for all my life :(

Very much. Not being able to help the people close to me gets me down every time.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love?
No, not poison. But I am afraid that something bad could happen to the people I love. I worry about them all the time.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the time.​

A lot. A lot. A lot.​

I don't know.​

The only time I had problems with nightmares was when I was on antidepressants. One of the many reasons I quit them. I usually don't dream (or remember them, or whatever) at all.​

No. I lost it once, and it wasn't that bad.​

I don't have a problem with drinking. I eat too much all the time, no matter how I feel. :D

The actual depression doesn't bother me, it's the actions they take. My sister is depressed, and not dealing with it, so she gets drunk all the time, cuts herself, and does all kinds of drugs. I cry about it a lot, because I can't really do anything else.​

LOL

No.

But I do sometimes over-worry about how my decisions will affect me and other people. Not that I make bad, irresponsible decisions, but there are some things you just aren't aware of, you know? The butterfly effeeeeect. Drives me crazy.​

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
Insecurities? Almost never...
Fears? I think fear is an inevitable part of being human. Yet it rarely gets to me. When it does, it takes me a short period of time to push it out of my mind.

:huh: this is not a question for me lol Never.... people like me or not is their business, especially "for no reason"... sounds pretty absurd.

Nope. I don't have a defective Fi

My dreams are mostly pleasant or adventurous.

Yes. From time to time I do fear I will lose my feelings. There's no point in being human without feelings.

It happens the other way around for me. I tend to starve myself when I am unhappy. I don't feel like doing anything.

It depends on the level of depression of the other person. Mostly it does effect me in a negative way though.

Hahaha this is a really funny question.

Sponge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Whoooooo I love surveys! :D

Once a month. Oh wait, that's my period.

Once a month. Haha, seriously, if I feel kinda down, I'm more likely to think people don't like me, but when I'm in a happy normal mood, stuff like that doesn't bother me.

No, other people do not complete me. Although I'm obsessed with completing myself through whatever fuzzy self-development method I'm into at the time.

Nope, I've never ever had a nightmare. Some of the dreams I have that others would call nightmares are really exciting dreams to me, I love them!

No. I worry about my ability to think rationally though. Although I do worry that I will forget who I am sometimes.

Yes. I am a chronic comfort eater. It's the reason why I'm responsible for global warming!

I get effected by peoples moods pretty easily, actually. But isn't that true of all types? If you're surrounded by a bunch of miserable people, you're gonna feel really miserable yourself.

What made you add this question in? It's very random :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- more often than I like, but not enough to cripple my everyday life

- not as much as I used to

- perhaps loved by someone, but the world at large can kiss my furry butt

- not since I was 16

- it's in the back of my mind almost all the time

- yes, eat

- enough that I have to walk away and unload soon after

- no

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Oh my gosh how did you know! With all these recalls these days I am so paranoid- will this be the thing that will kill my family? I feel I need to keep up to date so much on recalls and healthiness of products and feel personally responsible if I fail and feed the precious people in my life something bad and lose them and then go into the abyss of despair completely- never eat and die.

This is why I have placed this weird question in the OP. Since I have noticed that some FJs have the tendency to think/feel this way when they are stressed.

Btw I am one of those that plot against you.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
most of the time i interact with women. or encounter other acquaintances who are far more businesslike, adultlike, aggressively moving forward, etc. groups get me too at times. one-on-one i'm pretty solid, charming, witty, etc. but groups can make me clench up. also worrying about the future a lot, being un-okay with Not-Knowing, blah blah. i like how perceivers waste less time doing something productive, developing viable options, whereas i waste too much time making vague decisions that don't yet really even exist.

i blame the enneagram 5 ego fixation. when things disintegrate i feel that the entire world is empty, grey, cold, etc. not so much type 4 alienation as type 5 isolation. isolation + winter relentlessness (the first snow is always quite beautiful). it doesn't happen that often but i dont' deal with mood/stress all that well at times, it takes a bit too long for me to recognize where i have ARRIVED.

probably. kinda leachlike in that regard. i blame the 4 wing and the enneagram 5 type as much as infj. they make me selfish and withdrawn which sucks when infj is made to make others happy, connect with others, etc. need to not hold back, take risk, yada yada

no, never. two ever
1) teeth falling out
2) the super shredder chasing me when i was riding in the turtle van

yes. it feels as if i would then be without motivation, purpose, color, meaning. i feel a tremendous pressure to document my youth before it dissolves and i am left with quiet, steady, eternal equilibrium.

yup. wayyy too much. inferior Se. makes me a huge glutton. good thing i played soccer as a kid and have leftover metabolic fire or i'd be a huge fatass. also, i drink regularly period, generally don't get sloppy drunk, but i've had 4-5 occasions in my life where i drank to pass out when i was feeling an inescapably terrible feeling. the booze doesn't really help, at that point, but the passing out does.

pretty strongly, Fe needs clean air to breathe!

are you serious? proctor and gamble is one of my major pet peeves, but i don't think that counts.