• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs how neurotic are you ?

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
How often your fears and insecurities get to you?
Oh, well, depends on who I'm with. But when they do get to me, it's really bad and hard to shake off.

How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason) ?
I deal with this when meeting highly extroverted or outspoken people. I'm so afraid I'm going to say or do the wrong thing and come off as a total idiot...haha!

Is it because you need to be loved to be "complete" ? (more then others)
I don't know. It's possible? Well, I guess I wouldn't feel very complete if I wasn't loved...

Do you have problems with nightmares?
Lately, yes. Very vivid ones. And I'm always relieved when they're not real. ;)

Are you ever afraid that you will lose your ability to feel?
Never. It's too ingrained in me; sometimes I wish I felt less. :tongue:

Do you tend to eat/drink too much when you are unhappy?
No?

How much depression of another person affects you if you are close?
Majorly. Sometimes I worry all night for the person. It can tax me just as much as them if I'm not careful.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ?

Nope...usually because I buy non-posionous things. :newwink:

Hope that helps some!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So far it looks like there is a balance in this traits. (more of less)

The only thing that seems to clearly bother NFs is depression of people around them.
What is understandable.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Constantly, and I'm always working to let them go and move beyond them.

How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason)?
I expect people to dislike me and am surprised when they do like me.

I only need certain people to love me, but I want the people I know to value me.

If I'm stressed, I dream stressful dreams, but usually not scary ones.

No, never. If that happened, it would be because I was dead. :)

Yes.

How much depression of another person effects you if you are close?
If they are trying to gain attention, they bug me. But if they're not, and just legitimately sad and hurting, I want to help them and I feel like I "take on" the same emotions they feel, to some extent.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love?
Erm, no. I am often afraid that I will be the wrong kind of mother or partner and "mess up" people with my incompetence. Luckily, grocery shopping is one of my more competent areas... ;)

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Typically, when they seem immediate. I think, obviously, they must be on my mind. If something of significance is happening, that is of substantial pressure for me to perform adequately, I will be more likely to feel anxious and insecure more often. If there aren't any particular stressors, I'm generally okay I think.

Not very often--it's not my first assumption that people won't like me. If I perceive certain slights from people without any particular reason I miiiight imagine they don't like me, but probably wouldn't give it much weight. There's almost always a reason.

No...

When I've been stressed for a while, I do tend to get them. Also if I'm sleeping on a really bad schedule, and esp if I've been sleep deprived, yes. I get my fair share of good dreams too though.

Not at all, it's always been very intense. Even feeling numb and detached is in a way a strong feeling. Eh, sometimes I wish I could lose my ability to feel.

I tend to eat/drink a lot less.

Well looking at how I've had a parent who's had depression while I was younger, I'd say it effected me rather a lot and rather badly.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ?

Lol no..

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Not much.. I have maybe two insecurities/fears that even affect me and they are things that I personally can control. So I may get overwhelmed but it's never that bad.

NEVER. In fact, I tend to like myself better at times when I'm alienated. I go more internally within myself and feel more confident in who I am (and I take some enjoyment in being the oddball that no one gets too.)

Nope, quite the contrary, I feel less complete if I get involved with someone. They would take my time and focus away from personal development. My friends give me some peace of mind away from my own thoughts, but even then, my close friends of over a decade only know and understand part of me.

Rarely do I have nightmares... and if I do, they're rarely conventional. I do spend a lot of time in dreams being very busy and going through mazes but it's never overwhelming.

Nope... though I often feel that I don't understand strong emotions that most people have. This is just my strong T side at work really. I feel deeply but not the same as most people and its hard to explain.

Hmm... well I eat a lot when I'm exhausted... but that's me subconsciously trying to induce a sugar coma to mean "the day is officially over, now you have to stop completely." :p

I do have strong, but selective, empathy at times. Typically being in my own state of depression first is what will make me more likely to feel empathy.

No.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
All the time.

Quite often. It's entirely irrational. In fact, most people do like me once they get to know me, and Big Five tests usually put me at least in the ninetieth percentile in the "Agreeableness" domain, but I still can't help but think people won't like me.

I do need feel loved to feel complete, but I don't know if this is the reason.

No, not at all.

Yes.

I don't know.

How much depression of another person efects you if you are close?
I usually feel bad that I can't do anything about it.

Yes, I have always been careful to not buy poisonous products for the people I love. :rolli:

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
-fears, seldom. insecurities, more often.

-when i was younger it was very frequently. now it is rare.
i have been convinced otherwise too many times to cling stubbornly to that notion.

-i do need to love and be loved to feel complete, but i don't doubt the good in myself or others the way i used to, so i'm not afraid..

-not really. i do have intense, and very strange dreams. but not many nightmares.

-i don't think i could ever lose my ability to feel.
at one point i actually wanted to, though.

-yes, or sometimes too little.

-very strongly. however in these situations i focus on my T side and try to be the depressed person's advocate or sounding board. it's a good way to alleviate the bad feelings both they and myself are experiencing..

-lol.

hommefatal

Every time I have to think about something uncomfortable.

Once someone criticised me.

YES! Love is my life.

No.

Not really. When I'm depressed I can be insensitive though.

No, I rather eat less.

I want to sleep with them. lol. Pretty much, I feel very involved.

No, I'm rather too careless.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

On occasion. Not often, usually when spurred by something like a rejection or a specific kind of criticism from someone, particularly myself. I can be overwrought with this once I decide I failed at something which is rare when that happens but painful.

Almost never.

No. I am perfectly complete. I certainly do wonder about finding love and think it would be wonderful if/when I did.

Not really. I have vivid dreams, in color, that I remember and sometimes want to write down because they were so eventful (adventure-filled) or contained great conversations.

Every once in a while, yes. This is usually when I am retreating to get back in touch with Fi. I cut the world off sometimes and let myself feel numb before I can feel individual emotions again.

Not usually. I love food too much to let anything get in the way of its enjoyment.

I can be affected depending on how open I feel and how much I *want* to or how much I *let* it affect me. I know I can control the effects by controlling the interaction as well as how much I can detach. Detachment is handy especially when I think what the person needs is to either be left alone and deal with their own feelings and heal or if they need me to hold their hand and be the strong one to think through the cloudiness sometimes.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people who you love ?

Never. Is this really a concern for some people?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so iNtuitive has a MUCH HIGHER degree of correlation with openness as defined by the Big Five, that's ineresting. we love to learn.

E/I and T/F make obvious sense for extraversion and agreeableness. neurotic = health, no?

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Quite Often.

Often

No, it's because I was constantly and wrongly scolded for being a "slacker" that "makes excuses".

Yes

No

Yes

Other people's troubles affect me hugely.

No

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Data for the necromancer

The sense of inadequacy hits me every so often. It was worse a little while back when I was making up my mind about my career path. It's the irrational feeling of being not good enough. Failing to measure up to a near impossible yard stick for anybody with my background. Have to give myself a good shake to knock myself out of that mood. I like ladypinkington's whack a mole analogy. That's exactly what it feels like.

Ummm sometimes, but that's not the issue with insecurity...

No. Not at all. Love and appreciation is nice. It's mostly just needing a bench mark to evaluate my progress and what I need to work on next.

I hardly ever recall dreams. Oh those that I remember, details fade away too quickly. So no.

No, feelings are automatic. Making sense of them is a different issue.

I do the opposite. I lose my appetite when I'm stressed.

I don't like seeing somebody close be unhappy. Their moods affect mine.

By accident? No. The thought of accidentally poisoning somebody isn't something that crosses my mind. And if I buy something that they don't like. They can return it or not use it. I don't see why that would be an issue.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A loooooot. :( As I like to say while driving, crossing streets, and sleeping alone: I'm very aware of my mortality.

Too much.

Yes, even though it hurts to admit. I still feel like I need to prove my worth to others in order to feel good about myself.

Not at all, but when I was little I did. I hung a rosary and a dreamcatcher on the wall above my head, and then the nightmares stopped. I know it's weird... but it worked.

Nope. I'm afraid my feelings will eat me alive.

Yeees :cry:

It affects me a lot because I'm always so in tune with other people's emotions. I feel like I have a responsibility to help them in some way.

No :huh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I am interested what happens in a head of NFs when stakes are high and sitation is serious. How often you have a problem with this kinds of sitations?
I know that NFs are very wide group so I will just ask a few general questions. People are free to answer only those with which they relate to.

yes
less then i use to
nope
when i was a kid
yes
nope

nope i'm more afraid of them poisoning me

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm often uncertain and a little scared of the larger world. At the same time I'm driven to love it and embrace it. I tend to see more of the uncertainty when there is nothing to interest me and I'm just stuck there having to go through the motions.

How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason)?
It would be quite a relief, because then I'd have nothing to live up to. At the same time it would be annoying, because as an extrovert I need interaction.

I need affirmation to know I'm on the right track. I have a lot of ideals, and I theorise a lot of what will happen in a situation, but without the feedback from the outside world my thoughts don't solidify. All I have is a theory of what it might be and what people might think. So it isn't really a need for love, as much as I value love and want it. It is a need to know. Because knowing their opinions gives me a hint of what things could be. And seeing what things could be inspires me to understand them and work toward them.

Not very often. Occasionally I have nightmares about bombings and nuclear holocaust. They are a bit terrifying, but at the same time cool. I like horror movies. The worst nightmares are about loss or love, seeing terrible things that might happen with people you know.

Often. I am always in touch with it, but normally detached. It is a strange world.

Not enough. I ultra-focus on solving the problem and things like food can be completely forgotten. I might drink too much water though.

It hangs on my mind a lot if someone I'm close to isn't seeing much reason to love things. I normally do well with talking through things with people. I don't really like people spreading unnecessary pessimism though. My reaction probably depends on the situation.

I am aware of it. I don't spend too much time thinking about it though. I just occasionally ask people to double check things when something feels out of place.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy

I have more insecurities rather than fears. I don't really fear much and I'd say I'm overall a pretty secure person in my abilities. When it comes to other people (my Achille's heel), I am constantly doubting myself.

Yes, that is often on my mind, except I think there is usually a reason. I have the awful tendency to say the wrong thing but to be thinking the right thing, the words just get reversed because I second guess myself and come off sounding different than what was intended. This usually happens when I have to speak (or write) quickly, if I have time to think about what I'm saying then I'm usually okay, but when speaking with people I don't typically have the time to think the perfect thing which makes me anxious, and therefore messes me up more.

I do have the need to be complete. For me however, other people are a smaller part of that. More so, I want to understand people, and myself. I don't need very many people to "complete" me, but I do need some.

I have nightmares, but so does everyone, I don't think I have more than is average.

I do worry about that sometimes because when things go bad I detach. I think I would always find myself again though, I hope I would.

No, I tend to not eat if I'm unhappy.

It affects me immensely. It weighs on me, I feel selfish saying that someone else's depression affects me, but it does.

Haha, I'm picturing a grocery store stocked with canned goods and next to the tomato soup is a can with a skull and crossbones, on accident, I grab the wrong one and poison my dinner guests... I'd never had that thought before, it's kind of funny in a (morbid) cartoon way.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Often, but I am able to push myself and accomplish what I choose despite the fears (not always, but more often than not). It makes life a bit exhausting.

It's more the idea that no one will know me. The times people have disliked me the most, their reactions have been out of sync with the reality of the situation. It stresses me out when someone dislikes me because it makes reality feel quite random and chaotic to me. I don't dislike people, and instead I consider my own reactions to be reasonable for the most part. I dislike those who have treated me badly, but am not stuck in that mode if there was a reason to change it based on their new behavior. I'm not easily offended especially if the offense is unknowing or just miscommunication. People stress me out because they are so overwhelmingly complex, and every perception (including my own) has its own unique distortion. When you line up multiple distorted lenses, conclusions can become quite warped.

I actually "need" to have someone in the world love me, but not all.

Yes

Not at all. Those times I can compartmentalize it away during stress and crisis are one of my inner strengths. I can hold it off and feel when I am alone and freed from consequences.

In worst cases of stress and change it becomes difficult to eat. Three times in my life I lost the ability to eat for a few weeks and lost weight. That is more the concern.

Very little impact if I am in a position to do something or contribute some sort of help even if it isn't enough to completely correct the problem.