• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP sadness.....

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
oh, the cry of an ENFP is a tragic one. :(

i'll explain.

ok, so many websites and books say things about ENFP's wanting extreme amounts of love and affection and attention from their friends and loved ones, and require a lot of praise and compliments from everyone, kinda emotionally high maintenance..... you all know what i'm talking about. anyway, this is true to a point... my question is what happens when we don't get it? on those days when nobody seems to notice you, no one engages you in conversation, your silly switch stays off :(

how do we get out of the funk? what do you do to bring yourself joy if it doesnt come from the regular sources? what brings you, an enfp, back into the state of peace and happiness that we are so famous for? (long walk on the beach? researching cure for cancer? painting the ceiling?)

if you don't get what i mean just say so lol :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd broaden it up to "Art".Music, books, movies, games, sculpting, Tai Chi whatever...Hobbies are paramount when it comes to a happy life, if you ask me. And for a Ne-dominant even more so. Mind needs constant stimulation.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Music, definitely, a good fanfic, my Jim Gaffigan DVD's, chatting on forums, and my favorite, a good nap.

maliafee

My belief is that for ANYONE who is super down, the best thing is doing something for others or creating something. Period. Exercise helps, too (jogging, walking, the gym, horseback riding, anything).

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
it's a tragedy. I've been there for such a long time, yet in a recovery process right now.

I have to say ENFPs' mind becomes very weak once that "silly switch stays off." The energy of ENFPs does not come from an internal source. It requires external stimuli. So if your current environment cannot provide them, I would say you should change your environment. Go on a vacation, visit a far away relative, or whatever. Meet and talk to as many people as you could. Or the best is to visit a community services center and engage in some activities offered there; there is a good chance you'll meet someone new whom you could have great conversations to, while doing some good deeds :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
very true...we need people...people to be silly with and talk to about any sort of random thing...it's a sickness.

but...when secure...and in an environment where i have many people i can call at any time to hang out with...like before i moved...it just never happened...so i didn't realize it...but...yeah...people that you have a great connection with are totally essential.

wolfy

awsm
I'm not ENFP but have found the advice on Personality Page on personal growth useful to me in bringing myself out of a slump.
You might find something useful. Here is a link ENFP Personal Growth

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
my creative outlet. it can be any medium. sometimes i write, sometimes i draw or design. when get overwhelmed by this, it's enough motivation to keep me going... for a long while.

and of course, trying to quench my thirst for knowledge

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nothing beats interaction, but the quest for knowledge on the internet gets me going as well. I tend to withdraw into my own world and whenever forced out of it, I just feel so bloody depleted and booooooreeed. Not a happy ENFP then. Horses and animals in general though...they're awesome cures for this. There's nothing quite like working with horses an entire day to get you feeling fulfilled again.

Other than that, I do chocolate, dancing, walking in nature and driving my SO crazy with rants and thoughts to keep myself distracted from the dullness that can be life :)

O

Oberon

oh, the cry of an ENFP is a tragic one. :(

i'll explain.

ok, so many websites and books say things about ENFP's wanting extreme amounts of love and affection and attention from their friends and loved ones, and require a lot of praise and compliments from everyone, kinda emotionally high maintenance..... you all know what i'm talking about. anyway, this is true to a point... my question is what happens when we don't get it? on those days when nobody seems to notice you, no one engages you in conversation, your silly switch stays off :(

how do we get out of the funk? what do you do to bring yourself joy if it doesnt come from the regular sources? what brings you, an enfp, back into the state of peace and happiness that we are so famous for? (long walk on the beach? researching cure for cancer? painting the ceiling?)

if you don't get what i mean just say so lol :)

Um.

:coffee:

Did you say something?

okay okay, I'm KIDDING!!!

G

garbage

For me, if I can't be around other people, I get creative, exercise, or read about interesting topics. I just refuse to be bored, and that definitely helps.

wow.. i didn't read the thread before i posted this, but all of these seem to be common solutions :nice:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's usually pms and I'm about to kill everyone anyway. But usually I will whine to my ENFJ online friend. She whines to me when she feels the same way. :tongue:

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
very true...we need people...people to be silly with and talk to about any sort of random thing...it's a sickness.

but...when secure...and in an environment where i have many people i can call at any time to hang out with...like before i moved...it just never happened...so i didn't realize it...but...yeah...people that you have a great connection with are totally essential.

I totally agree. Although, I'm not really picky on what type of security though. Not that I don't have preferences of course, but I'm always scanning my environment to find that inspiration, connection, praise, affection, compliment or whatever. I can find security in that appreciation (from others) momentarily and even if it's just a little nod, text or phone call... I've trained myself to make it last a long time. Not sure if that makes sense.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh wait, I just read that you said what do we do when we DO NOT get it... uhh, when I don't get it, I pretty much have a kept-to-myself breakdown. I'm working on that though. Sometimes I just have to step back and say... this will be over soon and I will have the attention I require... man, that sounds so needy, but hopefully other ENFPs will understand. I just think that it always comes eventually and don't give up just cause you don't have it right away or think that it speaks to your ENTIRE LIFE or your ENTIRE PERSON. It is sad for us, but it doesn't need to be sad for long because it will (at least in my experience) change... and you just have to wait it out a little longer.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh wait, I just read that you said what do we do when we DO NOT get it... uhh, when I don't get it, I pretty much have a kept-to-myself breakdown. I'm working on that though. Sometimes I just have to step back and say... this will be over soon and I will have the attention I require... man, that sounds so needy, but hopefully other ENFPs will understand. I just think that it always comes eventually and don't give up just cause you don't have it right away or think that it speaks to your ENTIRE LIFE or your ENTIRE PERSON. It is sad for us, but it doesn't need to be sad for long because it will (at least in my experience) change... and you just have to wait it out a little longer.

+1.