User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NF's and boredom

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm never bored unless I'm forced to pay attention to the outside world and people for too long. If I'm alone, I can entertain myself with next to nothing.
    Well said.

I'm never bored (except for some classes in school and being caught in situations, with topics that do not interest me) because there's always something to do or think about.
    But I actually now enjoy some of the things I found boring.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

As long as I'm able to think and dream, I'm never bored

A lack of fun and adventure, coupled with the feeling it will never change, can make me feel suicidal. It makes me think, "What's the point if there's no joy?"
    No human being is so bad as to be beyond redemption, no human being is so perfect as to warrant his destroying him whom he wrongly considers to be wholly evil.

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
    Louisa May Alcott

Don't worry, be happy.
    Meher Baba

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    7w6 sx/so

I think the dislike of/boredom with routines is more a P thing than NF.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member Array The Third Rider's Avatar

Well when I was bored I tried to go out and have "fun" to the point of exhaustion and even then I continued. Its was kind of weird, I have a ENFP friend that went through this something, eventually you grow out of it, at least that is what happened to me.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Senior Member Array quietmusician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Earlier in my lifetime I have been so incredibly bored with life and routines, so bored that I tried to overdose several times on drugs(I honestly have no idea why I am still alive. o.O).

Boredom and despair.

Not nowadays though.

Is there any other NF out there who recognize this feeling?
    I definitely do. I've tried gaining an addiction a few times over the years and nothing has worked. If anything it started feeling like a job so I stopped. I wish I could fall easily into a bad habit so I can distract myself from boredom. Now I just listen to music for hours and hours.

half-nut member Array briochick's Avatar
    ;) sx

I'm rarely bored. Not that it ever happens. I actually seem to get bored when I'm depressed, maybe because I can't think of ways to entertain myself, and it kind of creates a cycle. I try not to get bored though, because that tends to lead to the said depression which tends to encourage me into old habbits and I've had enough addictions in the past to know that I don't want to go down that road.
    so, I read, I dream, I hike, I paint, I bug my coworkers with random facts and talk about the dreams I had, I play quiz games online, I search deviantart with the most random words I can think of, I take photos, I upload them, and I try and take joy in even life's mundane things. Generally this keeps me from being bored. When all else fails I go to sleep.

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

4 so/sp

Hmm. Well, I can relate to the OP and getting exceedingly bored with Life at times. But maybe it has something to do with my age; I'm not sure. I don't remember getting bored to the point of having existential crises or the like back when I was a teenager or in my early 20's. It was really only something that started to occur by my mid-20's. Just growing weary of the real world, having to maintain a job, and getting stuck in day-to-day routines - pretty much anything tied with 'reality' and the need to make a living -- which, well, is reality. So when things get too routinized, I start to feel trapped and start to feel despair -- and feel stagnant and cringe at the thought of doing the same thing, day in and day out, for the rest of my life. So I then need to shake things up and try to un-boreify (haha! new word!) my life. As the years go by I need to become more creative, though.....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Senior Member Array

yeah, boredom sucks. The thing about boredom is nothing really seems to
    satisfy it. When I have the concentration to read if I find a book that's r-
    eally good I can loose myself in it and become preoccupied with it while si-
    mutaneously going out with my friends and partying on the side. Often here
    anymore we don't get out and end up partying at each others houses, and
    during the day I end up taking on an overload of work and volunteer projects
    and squeeze time for shopping in. I fantasize about that vacation I've been
    wanting to take and have been saving for and daydream about being on a
    vacation if I can't literally go on it yet. I do everything I can to prolong the
    novelty of things wearing off. My boredom is mainly related to not having
    the career or college opportunities I want and having to make do with what
    I have to work with and learning things I want on my own in my free time.
    I've found out daydreaming does help with real life stressors I don't know
    how because daydreams aren't real but it does. Even though i'm a rational
    type I don't mind being surprised by things that seem to happen for a reason
    but have no logical explanation. I guess I realized this when a few opportunities
    I might have missed came my way because I'd been places I might not have
    had I not been daydreaming and got wander lust and just been out running